[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• No its not really a secret. Its even shown in the GUI.

That's why I didn't see it. I use Sphax TP and it isn't shown there :P

Quote from Lefty

After a half day of playing you can craft all out of UU.

I would like you to tell me how, I would like to test it with vanilla IC2. I was never able to do it.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Official Post

Greg, is it a bug or intended that we cant use the copper / tin ingots to make bronze ingots?
    The dust recipe from IC2 is still there, but forestry recipe is gone. If this is intentional can you give us a config option for it?

Intended. The cheap Forestry Recipe would allow duping with the Centrifuge. All relevant Dupe-Glitches will be prevented as soon as I find them.

V2.54b
    Added a few Wooden Maceration Recipes.
    Fixed a Bug with the ID-Resolver and Energy Storage Items.

@Copying other Mods: Yes, I add similar Machines, but as I have to go HighTech with this Addon, I need them, but cant just make Railcraft, Forestry, Thermal Expansion and Redpower as an additional Requirement.

• @whole discussion.

1. Gregtech adds all those things because they are cool, and unless you guys he actually takes the time and adds them and makes them configurable.
    2. All the stuff you complained about can be disabled in the config
    3. The allocators and stuff are just way smoother and better suited for special tasks then bc or rp.

4. Industrialcraft as is is stupidly OP. After a while you can spam UU-Matter like hell and the lack of high-tier-tech is disturbing. This addon is almost more important for our server then IC2 itself. Without it Ic2 would have to leave immedeatly, too.

To Greg :

Ich finde es super, dass du ein bisschen Balance in Ic2 bringst, und die neuen Ideen sind toll. Dein addon ist der einzige grund dass wir Ic2 nicht längst für Thermal expansion gedumpt haben auf unserem Server.

mfg wolfenstein19

@

I would like you to tell me how, I would like to test it with vanilla IC2. I was never able to do it.

Mine straight for 3 hours. Geothermals in the Neter, profit.

Also, if you have buildcraft or redpower :
    Mine straight for 2 hours, Tons of auto-manned watermills

If you have advanced solars :
    Mine for 3 hours, aquire HV solar panel, use UU-M to make more panels

If you have Forestry/Buildcraft :
    Mine for 2 Hours, Giant automatic charcoal farm with Generators

• Quoted from "mistaqur"
    Can you add config option for craft Sandstone from Sand in IC2 Compressor? Because ThermalExpansion can produce 2 Sand from 1 Sandstone.

And you can produce Sand out of Cobble => Infinite, even without Cobblegen.

Sorry, i forget one word.

Can you add config option for disable craft Sandstone from Sand in IC2 Compressor? Because ThermalExpansion can produce 2 Sand from 1 Sandstone.

• Make the Magnalium Alloy (just like iridium) in the rolling machine and then compress it into a magnalium plate. Just add another step.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• RichardG:

electric allocators: mods copy each-other's features all the time. Generally the newer the thing the better. At worst it gives end-users more ways to achieve a goal and is NOT a bad thing.
    electric block breaker because of bad computer: what? Seriously, how on Earth did you come up with that?
    automation tools: tons of mods do that already and people don't seem to mind about those
    capes: personally I couldn't care less about them
    talking trash: trash or pointing out obvious mistakes/flaws?
    recipe tampering: I call it gameplay balancing. As has been said numerous times vanilla-IC2 is stupidly OP. Not quite in the order of EE2 but pretty close

I get the feeling you are just afraid that GT gets better than the mod it's based on so instead of actually providing competition by improving vanilla-IC you try to stop "competition". That's exactly what I've been talking about whenever such bitching between mod authors comes up again. Though I must admit actively working against progress is on a whole new level.

• NEI does many crazy things. Question: Could it be that you use IDResolver? If yes, then I will fix that.

Actually, I do use IDResolver. It was part of an earlier problem I originally had when I enabled IDResolver. When I updated both GregTech and NEI, this new problem I'm having right now came up.

EDIT: I just read the post that you fixed the bug I currently had. Updated GregTech and the bug is now gone. I'll let you know when I find something going wrong with GregTech.

Sadly as soon as 1.5 happens, all Thorium/Plutonium Reactors will be obsolete, as I will switch to another System regarding produced EU (to remove the hack into the IC²-Config). Also I will then nerf Thorium by 50%, and make it less useful for Breeders (as that change reduces Pulse Count). Plutonium however, will be twice as good for Breeders after that change.

What could this mean?

Edited 2 times, last by LordOfCuteOnes ().

• Small rant time...

• Last but not least, the recipe tampering. A nether fortress and a bunch of slimes before you can get a mining drill? Really?

I played IC2 for almost a year, and Gregtech for a month.

I think (and All of us I guess) IC2 recipe are unbalanced and easy to get. I think that IC2 is an extremely enjoyable mod, but it need more gameplay. That's why I support Gregthech. I think that for a future IC3, the length of the game should be grater (like this addon provide).

Can you please play an entire gameplay with this addon? (updated one!), you will notice that the life of IC2 is extended in a good way. Maybe it have some faults, but it IMPROVE IC2 nerfing and extending it in a comfortable way.

Sincerely I hope that IC2 and Gregtech work together to improve Industrialcraft! maybe some ideas from gregtech can be merged to vanilla Industrialcraft.

PD: I get a mining drill without going to the nether.. :S

• I in no way mean to offend you with anything I am about to say (unlike other people claiming that IC2 is OP), so here goes

I just didn't bring it here because the less-knowing audience would accuse me of hating it as a developer, but I do as a player

If you hated it as a player, I don't think you would find the following to be problems

Rejected suggestions (lightning rod, fusion reactor, mining helmet, tier 4 storage...)

Electric allocators because the author is too impatient to wait for RP, or dislikes BC

EDIT: Machines which automate stuff that should not be automated, like crop harvesting

Electric block breaker which uses a lot of power, because the author has a bad computer

These are all things that I think as a player you would have no problems with, I don't think the average person is going to have a problem with suggestions being in that were denied, the allocators one is simply offering an alternative system to moving items short distances, in fact I think it even helps with dependance on EUs, it is more easily possible to make an entirely IC2 running factory. You have problems with GregTech allowing for crop harvesting by using EUs, but see nothing wrong when Mistaqur and Azanor do precisely the same thing with a forestry plugin and seals? Lastly, what exactly is the problem with Greg offering to have an electric rock breaker? I don't see buildcraft doing much in that front, and RP2 isn't out yet, therefore Thermal Expansion is the only way to go for easy recycling systems, and once again I think that Greg wants to make something that allows for completely EU dependent creations.

Finally the things that you would probably hate even if you were just an average guy random player

Giving capes to donators

As other people have pointed out, Optifine did it, you had no problem with that, and also as Greg pointed out, there are in fact capes for special players (As of now Friedi4321 is the only one to receive one I think), but this is a somewhat valid point

Talking trash about mod authors, including me

Greg hates buildcraft, everyone knows this, but as of now I have never seen him trash talk about Krapht or Sengir, and I have yet to see him make bad remarks about any other mod developer out there, can you point some out? So far all I have seen in regards to you is the one offhanded remark about "a random RawCode or RichardG coming along and saying this isn't possible" or something like that.

Last but not least, the recipe tampering. A nether fortress and a bunch of slimes before you can get a mining drill? Really?

GregTech does now have the Blast Furnace of its own, completely EU dependent. Although this is a semi-valid point (config file), overall it just feels like you don't like what you think the message of GregTech is, "you're not doing your job well enough so I'll do it for you", when in actuality I think the message Greg is trying to project is more like "I love IC2, I want to enjoy it as much as possible, and do so with other mods, so therefore I am going to allow completely EU dependent creations to be made", I truly think what Greg is trying to do is allow for all mods in FTB to become a sort of unified tech tree, sure you can amass a crapload of resources and brute force your way up the GregTech tech tree, but it is more heavily reliant on exploration of the world in order to pull mods together.

@People thinking IC2 recipes are too easy and "OP"
    You guys have played the mod a while, after playing anything for this long, what doesn't become easy and a sort of routine? Remember when you first picked up IC2, had no idea what you were doing, and just sort of progressed up the tech tree? Back during your first experience I can say with 99% certainty that nobody thought "wow this is OP" when they first reached UU-matter, or thought "that was way too easy" when they first crafted a diamond drill.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Edited once, last by RichardG ().

• @People thinking IC2 recipes are too easy and "OP"
    You guys have played the mod a while, after playing anything for this long, what doesn't become easy and a sort of routine? Remember when you first picked up IC2, had no idea what you were doing, and just sort of progressed up the tech tree? Back during your first experience I can say with 99% certainty that nobody thought "wow this is OP" when they first reached UU-matter, or thought "that was way too easy" when they first crafted a diamond drill.

When I started playing this, I read some stuff in the wiki and watched a simple basic LP. Two days later I had a Quantum armor and UU-Matter en Massè. I was like "wouldnt something as powerful as this be harder to obtain?"

• When I started playing this, I read some stuff in the wiki and watched a simple basic LP. Two days later I had a Quantum armor and UU-Matter en Massè. I was like "wouldnt something as powerful as this be harder to obtain?"

:huh: , well then let's go with 99% certainty that this does not happen to 95% of players

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

"easy" means 1-2 hour of gameplay if you know what are you doing... I think that 3-5 days of gameplay = "normal" gameplay for a very good tool.

"People are clueless" is in no way an excuse for an OP mod.

Also, as has been pointed out all the recipe-modifications are in the config so this entire thing is a completely moot point. Pretty much the same thing can be said about nearly all other parts of the mod.

• Official Post

"a random RawCode or RichardG coming along and saying this isn't possible" or something like that.

They are both known for rejecting Ideas, just because of difficult Code, so that was a valid Sidenote. ;)

"you're not doing your job well enough so I'll do it for you"

I could throw evidence Posts of mine at you, which are confirming this "I'll make it better than you."-thought of mine, as I think like that very often.

But except for the current maintainers of Buildcraft (so many Bugs, which are at least a year old. Y U NO fix them?), I dont think "You are not doing your Job well enough" about Mod/Addon-Devs.

"I love IC2, I want to enjoy it as much as possible, and do so with other mods, so therefore I am going to allow completely EU dependent creations to be made"

Indeed, IC² is the most useful and awesome Machineadding Mod out there, what is the Reason I chose it for making an Addon.

@People thinking IC2 recipes are too easy and "OP"

Me + Technicpack for MC-Beta-1.8.1 (I'm not really proud of it, but honest) = QSuit after 1 Week of playing with the real Techmods the first time. I even made an EE-Exploit-Machine, based on Sandstone compressing and reverse Crafting with BC+EE (note that I started with EE after making the QSuit).

Etho + FTB-Pack = Even better than myself, and he uses the nerfed Recipes of GregTech!

Just to give a few examples of people, who think IC² is OP.

• Me + Technicpack for MC-Beta-1.8.1 (I'm not really proud of it, but honest) = QSuit after 1 Week of playing with the real Techmods the first time. I even made an EE-Exploit-Machine, based on Sandstone compressing and reverse Crafting with BC+EE (note that I started with EE after making the QSuit).

Etho + FTB-Pack = Even better than myself, and he uses the nerfed Recipes of GregTech!

Just to give a few examples of people, who think IC² is OP.

Me + Redpower + IC² + BC: Quantum suit in 13 hours ... (CASUC helps ^^). But I'm not complaining, as the fact I was using Nuclear power made my game longer because I needed to mine all the time to get ura. That's why I play Gregtech addons with vanilla-IC² config, except in what concerns greengens.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!