[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• RedPower is a special case. Eloraam dislikes people tampering with her mod.

Where could we apply to declare GT a special case as well so it could do things that others can't?

I don't know if Eloraam would grant you permission. I've talked to people of her inner circle, which say the RedPower recipes have balance as #1 concern.

Pretty much every single mod balances gameplay only concerning that same mod and ignoring everything else out there. GT finally does something about that and suddenly it's as if world is about to end

Also, block breakers are insanely OP. Once you have a bit of iron and a piece of redstone you can mine obsidian better than with diamond pick. Also, I'd say blockbreakers should require blutricity as well, not just redstone signal. They are miles off from balanced.

The config is completely meaningless. The default is how Greg chooses to present his mod. What's more, it says this: "I know how to balance your mod better than you do." Every time Greg alters a recipe, he says he's better than the original mod's creator. Whether or not this is intentional is irrelevant.

Again, GT balances mods to work well with each-other, show me what other mods do that?

Hmmm a small sun generator sounds like a good idea. Id do it!

Actually per unit of volume Sun gives off about as much energy as compost just sitting there slowly rotting away. Only reason why Sun gives off as much energy is that it's freakin' HUGE.

Quote from "Slowpoke101"

It was just meant to be a request to not have an option which would allow for a partial rebalance to part of Red Power 2.

I wonder what is the worst that could theoretically happen when GT does rebalance a few RP2 recipes. Can anyone give me hints?

Edited 2 times, last by hoho: skipped a few words somehow ().

• Quoted from "RichardG"
    I wonder what is the worst that could theoretically happen when GT does rebalance a few RP2 recipes. Can anyone give me hints?

Eloraam rewites Redpower to crash if Gregtech installed. Greg is kicked out of IC2 forum. The IC2 team decides that gregtech machines dont recieve power from the grid. Greg rewrites the energy net. IC2 team rewrites IC2 to crash when gregtech installed. Everyone stops using Gregtech. Exept the technic pack. Greg writes skynet, which kills us all. With chainsaw. Playing Justin Bieber music.
    I cannot came up with worse scenario.

• Kane I am sorry, but you really have no idea about the truth of any of this. With regards to monopolising the content she has, there are people who have already copied aspects of it. Buildcraft have façades, there are other mods that have logic gates etc. Given recent events, this is a subject that has come up a fair amount and I think it is OK to say that if you want to go out and create an alternative to say the wiring in red power. As long as it is done in your own way and using your own code there will be no issue.

With regards to this particular subject and Gregtech making changes to recipes in red power. I will make sure Elo see's the message that Greg wants a response from her. However there was nothing sinister here. I was already on the forums, I have an account and was logged in. I know that Greg knows that anything that I say has come from Eloraam and I am not just making up messages. This is not a legal thing and its not meant to be a threat or anything. Right now Greg is technically doing nothing wrong. In fact the message was intentionally worded to not be threatening. It was just meant to be a request to not have an option which would allow for a partial rebalance to part of Red Power 2.

Slowpoke, I guess at the end of the day I'm just tired when I hear the word RedPower and legal something in anyway. You must admit it comes up a lot and if you have not seen it much before then damn you are lucky because this place has seen and hears about it a lot. I just wish people would not get so offended by recipe changes. I respect that she does not want people tampering her actual files and I can't blame her for that in security and let alone its your hard work and someone's like bitch this is how it should look. I just feel a recipe balance is probably one the most passive things ever that is and should almost be always an open option not with other mods but actual server admins. It really comes down to my choice and my players choice and people who play single player. Do I have 40 hours a week to play? If so as a none builder and someone who enjoys a progression through a tech tree then GregTech is my new love.

Anyway I guess I'm just getting tired of anything with Red Power and the walls that seem to come with it. She needs to relax a bit and live life. For the monopolizing, Not saying she sue someone for making a new mod. Just saying RP2 pretty damn superior and a lot of people are like why make something when there is something pretty epic now!

Anyway's I will just leave this be and see how things go.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Eloraam rewites Redpower to crash if Gregtech installed. Greg is kicked out of IC2 forum. The IC2 team decides that gregtech machines dont recieve power from the grid. Greg rewrites the energy net. IC2 team rewrites IC2 to crash when gregtech installed. Everyone stops using Gregtech. Exept the technic pack. Greg writes skynet, which kills us all. With chainsaw. Playing Justin Bieber music.

LMAO, I'm sorry but don't forget these people have like 1 update per month :P They be screwed before they even began their crusade. One the reasons I love GregTech is because every morning there is almost something new!

• Block Breakers aren't OP, in my opinion. Besides, Eloraam will rebalance them herself. So I say let her do it.

Looking at how often she updates it we'd have to wait until next Christmas most likely

• Block Breakers aren't OP, in my opinion. Besides, Eloraam will rebalance them herself. So I say let her do it.

I really don't understand what's so overpowered about them. Oh, you can harvest obsidian with it? Wonderful. You need to either manually place the breaker against each block you wish to mine, and subsequently give it a redstone signal, or, more likely, you automate it, which, surprise, requires more resources and effort.

She plans on doing it, her tech tree just isn't at the level yet where she will add it. So yeah, I agree.

• Only thing I dislike about block breakers is they were lag omatics on my server. Doing millions and millions of actions a day.

• I see...

Edit: I really dont, If you have an item ID conflict then change your config so you dont have one... But How your ID conflict has any bearing on Kanes servers has got me a bit stumped.

• Eloraam rewites Redpower to crash if Gregtech installed. Greg is kicked out of IC2 forum. The IC2 team decides that gregtech machines dont recieve power from the grid. Greg rewrites the energy net. IC2 team rewrites IC2 to crash when gregtech installed. Everyone stops using Gregtech. Exept the technic pack. Greg writes skynet, which kills us all. With chainsaw. Playing Justin Bieber music.

that scenario gave me a chuckle :thumbup:

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

:Force Field: :Matter: :Force Field: Forcefields: the only place to keep UU!

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

• I see...

Edit: I really dont, If you have an item ID conflict then change your config so you dont have one... But How your ID conflict has any bearing on Kanes servers has got me a bit stumped.

No clue X(

ok, This made me lol so hard, I'm new to the forum community so I don't really know about this; just curious, when did you hear/see in the forum post the last time she said/posted about re-balancing it?

• She has a day job which she works like 70 hours a week.

She's free to get 1-2 other people on RP2 just as alblaka did with IC at some point. Just look what IC² became, it doesn't look like it did any bad to his project. And i don't think she would have any trouble finding some decent coders willing to work on RP.

• She's free to get 1-2 other people on RP2 just as alblaka did with IC at some point. Just look what IC² became, it doesn't look like it did any bad to his project. And i don't think she would have any trouble finding some decent coders willing to work on RP.

lawl, She would have to sue them from touching the source code :P

• Official Post

With regards to this particular subject and Gregtech making changes to recipes in red power. I will make sure Elo see's the message that Greg wants a response from her. However there was nothing sinister here. I was already on the forums, I have an account and was logged in. I know that Greg knows that anything that I say has come from Eloraam and I am not just making up messages. This is not a legal thing and its not meant to be a threat or anything. Right now Greg is technically doing nothing wrong. In fact the message was intentionally worded to not be threatening. It was just meant to be a request to not have an option which would allow for a partial rebalance to part of Red Power 2.

And I'm keeping it like that. I wont use (or even see/decompile) any Redpower-Code or RP-Invocation at all. It will also not be in my Dev-Environment, unless she decides to release an API.

I did use her code without modifying or distributing it. Apparently, that's a legal grey area, or at least nobody actually knows whether it's legal or not (although many people have strong opinions both ways).
    Also, that argument was mostly about reverse engineering the code in order to use it, not actually using it. Hypothetically, if I'd found some obscure documentation on RedPower's blutricity API and used that instead of reverse engineering it, that argument wouldn'tve happened.

So your old Blutricityconverter used Code of Redpower? Noob. :D

I know 2 Ways of making one without even touching her Code. The PM to her contained that Information, so lets see, what she thinks about that.

Let's see. If GT modifies a recipe, then:
    Nobody downloads RP from a link that isn't on eloraam.com
    Greg is not redistributing RP in any form, modified or otherwise.
    No decompilation or reverse engineering is taking place.

Exactly.

Modifying recipes, in some ways, is similar to the interaction between RP and TubeStuff. TubeStuff uses RP items in certain recipes, and it does so by reading RP's config file without touching RP itself. GT would be looking through the (shared) recipe list for any recipes involving a block breaker, then deleting them and adding its own. The only potentially-infringing part is gathering the IDs, which as I said can be done by reading the config file.

I don't even need to read her Configs for that. My Addon is capable of detecting almost everything ingame. Look at the GregTech.log File, to see what it prints out for your Modsetup. I know its failing at some Stuff of Redpower ("null" Entries), but I have other Ways to detect that.

She plans on doing it, her tech tree just isn't at the level yet where she will add it. So yeah, I agree.

Well, my Tech Tree is large enough for said change. :)

To the funny Worst-Case-Scenario I have seen in the Pages:

Even if all Threads, where I could/would publish my Stuff (IC-Forum, MC-Forum etc.) would be taken down, the Download-Links, would still be valid, but I would probably focussing on working on my own Game, which could be a very serious concurrent to Minecraft, but it's no Minecraft-Clone in any Way, it will be fairly diffrent. And no, I won't talk about it's content until I get it up and running, as its in Pre-Alpha-Stage.