[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Bakerman, you could check through the config settings to see about changing what it unifies to. (I think that's an option?) But, if it's registed as Oredict compatable that it unifies, I can't see any reason it wouldn't let you craft iron/steel tanks with them..

• Bakerman, you could check through the config settings to see about changing what it unifies to. (I think that's an option?) But, if it's registed as Oredict compatable that it unifies, I can't see any reason it wouldn't let you craft iron/steel tanks with them..

The short answer to my github ticket:

No. The forge dictionary is not being used. It's a design choice to maintain balance.

And now your 2 cents

BTW ... Unification settings via config file doesnt work all the time. But I havn't the actual version, so i first upgrade.

• Works like a charm with Electric Type FILTER :)
    Thank you.

Now I have it working, time to optimize and beautify.

I could not resist to show you my crappy but working first GT automation ;P

The post was edited 1 time, last by leagris ().

• Chocolate Coins backed up by cocoa what could go wrong?

It's not the currency, but the people who own it that decide it's fate. That's why we have the boom-bust cycle. Normal people would never be so silly.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Coins made of Iridium, backed by cobblestone.

E: Greg, what end would it have to be done at to make hammer plates, and Rolling Machine plates treated differently in the OreDict?

• Sorry to ask a silly question. I am having some problems with the unificator. This time it is plateIron and plateSteel. Both should be unified to the gregtech plates. But now there is another problem. I can't craft iron and steel tank, cause they need the original plates from railcraft. Covertjaguar has send me to a mod named MineTweaker. But I also saw, that you change some recipes in other mods. Can I use MineTweaker with your mod, or could you make something about that.

Thanks for answer.

Michael (aka BakermanLP)

The Problem is that Railcraft Recipes won't work with those Plates, so you would have to use MineTweaker to fix the Railcraft Recipes.

If I would change the Recipes myself, I would need to maintain all RC Recipes. But otherwise unification should work normally.

• Do that. :D

That would cause extra problems if any RC recipe changes and a discrepancy is detected. I'd rather make people set to unificate to RC plates. They might not be as cool as GT ones, but yeah...
    Maybe covertjaguar could add a config if RC registers its recipes within the dictionary or not, if thats just a matter of balance.
    AlgorithmX2 could follow the same idea...

• MrPeach.. why not just make them? I mean seriously, what's stopping you from just not making them?

If it's a server thing, I know there are programs that prevent recipes from being craftable, or banned objects that can't be picked up...

• I talked to Covert and Algo and neither of them seems very willing to do it, citing the reason that other mods have no business creating their items.

While Covert has indeed not a real reason to use OreDict on his Stuff, Algorithm should at least use his own registrations, because I actually try to make all the important Resources obtainable within GT. For example PFAA Quartz Sand is a way to obtain Certus Quartz in Dust form, and it is also a tiny Byproduct of Quartzite Stone. I also plan to make Certus Dust into Certus Crystals (ofcourse a very lossy action).

That way one wouldn't need to have Certus Quartz Ore in the World if PFAA or UB is installed. And if AE isn't installed, one can still use it for making Comparators and similar things.

• MrPeach.. why not just make them? I mean seriously, what's stopping you from just not making them?

If it's a server thing, I know there are programs that prevent recipes from being craftable, or banned objects that can't be picked up...

Well, not to bring up bad blood but im using this with a TCon addon in my modpack that makes it so wood and stone tools aren't craftable but flint tools allow you to ignore tinkers construct and minetweaker cant disable gregtech stuff. If greg would just either allow items to be diaabled by changing their id to zero or add a config for flint tools I would be very happy and I'm sure other people would be very happy with the set id to zero to diable thing.

• Well, not to bring up bad blood but im using this with a TCon addon in my modpack that makes it so wood and stone tools aren't craftable but flint tools allow you to ignore tinkers construct and minetweaker cant disable gregtech stuff. If greg would just either allow items to be diaabled by changing their id to zero or add a config for flint tools I would be very happy and I'm sure other people would be very happy with the set id to zero to diable thing.

What? You can't do removerecipe on Flint tools?

• Hey this just might me failing with PFFA but how do you get copper from Chalcopyrite Ore (Copper) because I have looked through NEI and have not found a smelting recipe in it. :cursing: This is the only copper ore that I know of if there is some other way of getting copper please tell me.

• [/quote]
    What? You can't do removerecipe on Flint tools?[/quote]
    Nope, because minetweaker, as it says on the page it can't remove those recipes due to the custom recipe handler.

• Well this was strange. I was in NEI looking up recipes, tried to get the recipe for Purified Crushed Glauconite Ore, and got this.

Unrelated 1: For some reason, after I updated GT/PFAA yesterday, it started taking me almost two minutes to load into a world. Cause unknown.

Unrelated 2: Anarack
    Chalcopyrite Ore does not seem to have a direct smelting recipe, nor does Crushed Chalcopyrite Ore.
    GregTech adds Tetrahedrite Ore, which is GT's form of Copper. PFAA does not have any other Coppers.