[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I know it will. I, personally, never play with GT (and never will) but server owners (such as Sentimel (or Sent for short, that's how we're used to call him)) think it is an absolute necessity. GT WAS good in its old days, where it nerfed the higher tech and didn't nerf early game at all. Now, as it nerfeds earlier game, some people that don't essentially like hardcore state that GT is a total mockery. I freaking supplicate Greg to add a config option to turn early-game-nerfing off. All the things.
    I know that all the rant here will pass by imperceptibly, but that's just to write down a few emotions almost every player experiences after a server owner decides to update the NerfMod (I think it's offical name by now, isn't it?).

• I know it will. I, personally, never play with GT (and never will) but server owners (such as Sentimel (or Sent for short, that's how we're used to call him)) think it is an absolute necessity. GT WAS good in its old days, where it nerfed the higher tech and didn't nerf early game at all. Now, as it nerfeds earlier game, some people that don't essentially like hardcore state that GT is a total mockery. I freaking supplicate Greg to add a config option to turn early-game-nerfing off. All the things.
    I know that all the rant here will pass by imperceptibly, but that's just to write down a few emotions almost every player experiences after a server owner decides to update the NerfMod (I think it's offical name by now, isn't it?).

That's not what "official" means.

• Ahem, yes we do know "gregtech style of doing things": copy the whole mechanic from another mod, place yellowish GT logo in that machine and add an absurd recipe. Ah, forgot: make zat Maschine require Kraft [stupid nouns starting from capital letter, argh!], while another machine does the exact same thing efficiently and for free.

It's absolutely bullshit and destroying the community how modders try to catch more players by copying off features from each others while making them more and more powerful at cheaper and cheaper costs.

• Mak, If you don't use GT anyway, why the hell are you complaining? I, Personally, Like all the expense (ESPECIALLY the early game stuff) :P

@Above
    It really is annoying, but the majority of people prefer semicreative mode, so they cater for that.

• I like GregTech, but recipe of Item Clearer kill my mind. It's very simple device with recipe cost like as my Vajra... It's mad... :wacko: I guess that if everything goes as it does now, you will soon make macerator, furnace, extractor recipes require iridium, tungsten, platinum, glass fiber etc. I think it will be more balanced for modern GT.

The post was edited 3 times, last by SeNtiMeL ().

• On the subject: I myself am fine with most of the recipes, Certain ones i don't like i just disable them.
    Although i do say that simple machines are a bit expencive sometimes. But im fine with that.

(Sorry for my rusty engrish today)

• Mak, If you don't use GT anyway, why the hell are you complaining? I, Personally, Like all the expense (ESPECIALLY the early game stuff) :P

@Above
    It really is annoying, but the majority of people prefer semicreative mode, so they cater for that.

I don't use gregtech in SSP, but my favourite server uses it and that makes me really sad.
    Semicreative? Ahem, minecraft is made for oeuvre... I think people mispresent the original purpose of MC.

• I know that all the rant here will pass by imperceptibly, but that's just to write down a few emotions almost every player experiences after a server owner decides to update the NerfMod (I think it's offical name by now, isn't it?).

If you don't like mod you play wout it, if you don't like server owner decisions you can just change server or host one yourself and take friend with you, if your friend are okay w server then it's your problems. Thats all.

• I don't use gregtech in SSP, but my favourite server uses it and that makes me really sad.
    Semicreative? Ahem, minecraft is made for oeuvre... I think people mispresent the original purpose of MC.

You are thinking of creative mode in MC, survival mode is meant for a challenge and gathering resources, instead of just building.

SeNtiMeL , you are greatly exaggerating, Things like the macerator have their place in the tech tree and so will stay there, and those automation devices have always had that kind of recipe, you just haven't noticed. (Note that most recipes have a config anyway >.>)

• Concerning red alloys:
    1) Greg needs to buff them somewhat (to 2 alloys instead of 1 maybe)
    2) Once you get to an assembling machine, it can require no redstone AT ALL (electrum instead)
    And Greeg, please, fix the fact that the automatic wiremill texture is identical to that of the assembling machine's.

pls don't talk about stuff where you have no idea. simply check the gt configs and learn.

• Hi Greg. I decided to make an automatic farm wool with yours mod. And I was a little shocked 8| Recipe of Electric Item Clearer is terrible. It is simple device like as "Transposer" in RedPower. But you make craft this machine is the useless: Diamonds 8| , glass fiber :wacko: , advanced machines, electrum, adv. circuit ... I think it is overpowered for this simple device.

Simple? That thing can TELEPORT Items within a 11x11x11 of Blocks even with obstructions inbetween! No wonder it needs a TELEPORTER to do that

I absolutely agree with Sentimel in this case.
    Greg, seriously, you have overdone it, and even not a bit. I mean 8 redstone for a simple circuit is fine, nice and balanced, but when it comes to advanced circuits, it's simply a shame. About half-a-stack of redstone required for adv circuit; seriously?..

The Assembler makes 4 Electrum + 1 Silicon = 2 Circuit Boards, so that against 2 x 32 Redstone (crafting is inefficient) seems pretty fair to me.

Now about red alloy dust. The law of conservation of mass states that for any system closed to all transfers of matter and energy (both of which have mass), the mass of the system must remain constant over time, as system mass cannot change quantity if it is not added or removed.
    How come 4 redstone + 1 copper = 1 red alloy dust?

4 Density 1 Items + 1 Density 1 Item = 1 Density 5 Item. I can specify Density inside my Materials aswell, and Red and Blue Alloy have both a Density of 5 Items.

• Simple? That thing can TELEPORT Items within a 11x11x11 of Blocks even with obstructions inbetween! No wonder it needs a TELEPORTER to do that

Teleport 8| ? it's more like vacuum cleaner... And in description of your's Item clearer working range is 3 x 3 x 3 (base config without upgrades)

• I'm probably overlooking something. To make the electronic circuit, I need 2 red alloy plates, which can only be made from red alloy ingots. I can only get ingots by smelting copper and 4 redstone in the alloy smelter. But the recipe for alloy smelter requires several electronic circuits. The other way to get electronic circuits is to use assembling machine, which recipe also requires electronic circuits. So i'm kinda stuck. What did I miss? BTW I'm using DW20 modpack (v1.0.14) with Gregtech and IC2 experimental 2.0.393

• Teleport ? it's more like vacuum cleaner... And in description of your's Item clearer working range is 3 x 3 x 3 (base config without upgrades)

It teleports all items in the set range, ignoring obstacles to the item clearer.

0 overclocker - 3x3x3
    1 overclockers - 5x5x5
    2 overclockers - 7x7x7
    3 overclockers - 9x9x9
    4 overclockers - 11x11x11

• I'm probably overlooking something. To make the electronic circuit, I need 2 red alloy plates, which can only be made from red alloy ingots. I can only get ingots by smelting copper and 4 redstone in the alloy smelter. But the recipe for alloy smelter requires several electronic circuits. The other way to get electronic circuits is to use assembling machine, which recipe also requires electronic circuits. So i'm kinda stuck. What did I miss? BTW I'm using DW20 modpack (v1.0.14) with Gregtech and IC2 experimental 2.0.393

did u hear about bronze age and steam smelters? use this

• Ah, right. I probably depend on NEI too much. It doesn't show recipes from steam melter, only alloy smelter.

do u use TPPI Tweaks? they disable bronze age, and re add gregs rubber mselting recpe in the furnace