[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Odd bug GT 5.03e: Used a saw that was low or durability. I tried to cut 16 logs with the saw. The saw broke and I only got 60 planks back. 1 log seemed to disappear. I should have had 1 log or 4 additional planks but neither.

• Aspestos dust can also kill you if you breath it in.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbestos#Health_problems

12 to 20 years it says. Not sure how that translates into Minecraft terms though

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Usually far more than a minecraft world lifetime. Not to mention we "die" often, "resetting" any health problems.

By the way i talked a bit with greg and he said that insulation covers are just not possible.

He liked my idea about fire resistance effect protecting from heat damage of pipes though.

• Yes it does and its not just the dust but the fibers that cause cancer. But in the semi-realistic (you can swim in lava and live) game I thought that it would fit to use asbestos in the same way that it was used in the 1950's through the 80's as pipe insulation. Maybe some time late there would be a sickness that occurs if you are playing the same world 12 to 20 years later.

Edit: Thanks SpwnX for asking Greg. I wish there was another way to protect from the hot pipes other than the fire resistance potion. also I wish it would just set you on fire instead of instant death.

• What about instead of a cover, you just have an asbestos pipe that doesn't hurt you all together? Or is that not what Greg is aiming for?

I see this too much.

• Yeah, pretty much.

I see this too much.

• Maybe due to size restrictions limit it to just the regular/large size pipes since the huge pipe already fills 1 block size. So maybe add bronze insulated fluid pipe, steel insulated fluid pipe, etc? The recipe would be a fluid pipe plus a couple of asbestos meshes in assembler?

Edit: Also I would like to state that having temperatures in Celsius instead of kelvin would be better for the general player base since most people >100 hot <= 0 cold, most people really cannot relate to the Kelvin scale. I know this was a recent change in IC2 but I really don't see it as an improvement. This is just some feedback and suggestion.

• Idea: Astbestos could be crafted with mostly useless stonedust - like in reality

Asbestos dust only generates by sawing, or manufactoring. The chance to get cancer only from aspestos plates is very low (get killed by car is much higher).

Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es (Erich Kästner)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ngar ().

• Idea: Astbestos could be crafted with mostly useless stonedust - like in reality

Asbestos dust only generates by sawing, or manufactoring. The chance to get cancer only from aspestos plates is very low (get killed by car is much higher).

This is true. Asbestos is only dangerous when it is broken. The solid form of it is completely inert (and completely non-flammable); it is only dangerous when the dust is released into the air.

• Hello, does Greg have any plans on creating alternative nuclear reactor design? It can consume water and produce steam with rate which depends on core's temperature (similar to boiler mechanics). This will make so much sense.

• Hello everyone, I'm using this mod for version 1.4.7 of minecraft.
    I have changed some recipes, but I can not turn off the plates, how do I remove the plates from recipes?

• Hello everyone, I'm using this mod for version 1.4.7 of minecraft.
    I have changed some recipes, but I can not turn off the plates, how do I remove the plates from recipes?

Why not use MineTweaker? I think it has a 1.4.7 version.

• v5.03e: The plank + saw recipe seems to be broken. I have Thaumcraft installed, will retry on a clean install later.

Does this only happen with Oak Wood Slabs? Because I had indeed Problems with those Slabs. (And I also fixed them)

Idea: Astbestos could be crafted with mostly useless stonedust - like in reality

Or we just keep the Asbestos Ore.

Also I would like to state that having temperatures in Celsius instead of kelvin would be better for the general player base since most people >100 hot <= 0 cold, most people really cannot relate to the Kelvin scale. I know this was a recent change in IC2 but I really don't see it as an improvement. This is just some feedback and suggestion.

But Kelvin is just like Celsius, it is just done with a proper 0-Temperature.

• Does this only happen with Oak Wood Slabs? Because I had indeed Problems with those Slabs. (And I also fixed them)

Or we just keep the Asbestos Ore.

But Kelvin is just like Celsius, it is just done with a proper 0-Temperature.

Kelvin is mostly used in science, which makes sense considering what type of mod GregTech is :). Also at 0K it's -273oC and everything is solid at 0K.