[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Worldgen is biome independant now.

monokei : NEI should tell you. Screwdriver + integrated circuit in a certain shape gives you a configuration number.

I have been tunneling at y = 61 and y = 52 for few hundred blocks, and i couldn't find even a single bauxite ore :S

• ?( Alternatively: pillar mine. Dig down to Bedrock straight down with ladders or stairs. You will almost 100% find something. Once you find it, dig it out, or go out of the place and do that later. Then move 3 chunks across in any direction(but not diagonally, i think), repeat process, ???, profit!

EDIT: Ninjarrrd

Now you see me, now you don't...

• The trick with prospecting shafts is to find a really shallow vein (like coal or something), figure out its exact center chunk, and then move exactly 3 chunks in any straight line and dig another prospecting shaft. Do that, get the spacing right, and 8 times out of 10 you will find a vein of something. This is somewhat more difficult to do in mountains because there's more rock to dig down through, but also remember that if you encounter an ore vein of any kind, you can stop digging down and either mine it, mark it for mining, or mark it and move on, because you know there will not be another vein below it.
    As SpwnX said, having a jetpack and a mining laser makes prospecting incredibly easy; if you're confident in your jetpack charge, you can even dig your prospecting shafts 1x1.

The added benefit of prospecting shafts is that if you don't find something you want, you can just fill the shaft with the cobble you dug out of it, which on the surface can also mark out where you dug. The disadvantage of prospecting shafts, however, is that they burn a lot of food to dig and to get out of. (The added disadvantage is that if you get unlucky, you've just wasted a fair amount of pickaxe strength.)

• Is there a way to disable GT sounds, beside swapping all the files with muted ones? If I delete the sounds from the jar, will the client crash upon using one of the machines?

EDIT: I posted this because I had an issue with machine sounds in my game, in form of sounds stopping/cutting themselves after 3-4 seconds. But now I fixed it with a solution that I implemented also on Nuclear Control's howler alarm sounds that were behaving the same. I edited the sounds.json file within the jar file and changed all stream values from false to true. Problem solved.

BTW I have the same problem with thunder sounds in game, but I cannot seem to fin a file similar to sounds.json in vanilla minecraft folders.
    Does somebody here know maybe where do I have to look to change the vanilla stream values?

The post was edited 1 time, last by monokei ().

• That seems better left to Minetweaker Scripts, which is what the other thread is for :) You should probably tell the OP of that to come here and submit his ideas :)

are you blind or something?

codding it will have a lot of pluses

1. everyone will have the same version and it will be easier to make mod pack, OR REMEMBER THE RECIPES... it will be easier to remember it if there will be only 1 version for everyone

2. there will be possibilities to implement some new items (only for crafting) that require gregs machines to craft

3. it's a lot easier that way, just look at that thread that you are talking about, there is almost nothing there.

4. again, 1 version for everyone means EASYNESS everyone will remember it even if it will be in different modpacks or servers

• 1. Nobody remembers GT recipes... If they do, they are insane.
    2. Any mod can do that.

There really isn't a point for that mod. MineTweaker and ModTweaker can do it fine.

• yeah but you need to remember that most of the people are too lazy to change most of the machines / recipes from other mods. especially when we talking about making it gregtech like..

so that is another point.

also you can't do everything with minetweaker modtweaker combo...

• yeah but you need to remember that most of the people are too lazy to change most of the machines / recipes from other mods. especially when we talking about making it gregtech like..

In my opinion, people that lazy shouldn't be playing GregTech... That's like playing Blood N Bones for a casual playthrough...

also you can't do everything with minetweaker modtweaker combo...

Then submit a pull request or something :P