[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I like the vertical hole idea every X blocks. I haven't tried that yet but it seems promising. Possibly useless w/o jetpack if you want it done timely.

I currently do epic branch mining. Instead of every 4 blocks though its every 60 blocks.

GT 1.7 ore gen finally fixes quarries imo. If you want to rig up a diamond quarry or a redstone quarry, more power to you, but you're gonna get that resource now instead of all-of-the-everything.

• I jsut don´t get, why people still make and play 1.6.4 packs, where there are 1.7.10 stable ones already...

I don't know about everyone else, but Gregtech 1.6.4 is (to me) is a completely different game then this new version. I very much enjoy playing the older version. Probably always will... although this newer GT5 version is really growing on me, and I am enjoying the new challenges. (Great job Greg). Heck, my favorite MC version is still 1.4.7 FTB Ultimate. I play that more than anything.

Its not about the version for me - its about the enjoyment of playability. I get a lot of value out of those versions. I have 1000's of hours into my wolds. I am not just going to walk away from them. I'll start new ones, but upgrading worlds never seems to go smoothly for me - there is always mods missing. And in the case of Gregtech, well, when the author has completely removed and replaced practically everything, upgrading your world that relied heavily on GT machines, isn't possible. This also happened with Applied Energistics 2. That would be my only criticism, is that I wish mod makers would keep this more in mind when updating or expanding their mods, is to make sure players previous worlds can move forward.

...my 2 cents. You asked, and thats why.

• Sometimes the fun in MC is tearing up the old and building it anew :)

Milestone for me in IC2 + GT this week:
    * 3 Blast Furnace array (one HV, two MV)
    * First MOX reactor. No idea how to make it actively cooled though (half-decent videos online but dunno if I need to change my actual reactor design to accommodate)
    * 10+ HV machines.
    * Learned that Multi-Smelters benefit from improved coils in addition to improved eu/t

• Is there any difference between universal macerator, universal pulveriser and blend-o-matic 9001 arart from speed, eu/t consumption and stone dust production?
    Any difference in byproduct production chance?
    what for fourth output slot in blend-o-matic 9001?

• Is there any difference between universal macerator, universal pulveriser and blend-o-matic 9001 arart from speed, eu/t consumption and stone dust production?
    Any difference in byproduct production chance?
    what for fourth output slot in blend-o-matic 9001?

The only difference is the amount of slots, since the third slot may be useful not only to get stone dust, but also red/black granite, endstone or netherrack dust, from which you can get helium, silicon and many other interesting things, actually. Also, the fourth slot would be theoretically useful to recycle materials made of 4 different materials, even if I don't remember any, to be honest.

• Is it possible to make smelting small and tiny dusts go faster and require less energy?

Given these contains proportionally less material quantity and an increased surface/volume ratio: they heat faster with less energy.
    small dusts should smelt 4× faster
    tiny dusts … 9× faster

Then full blocks should smelt 9× slower than same material ingot.

• Is it possible to make smelting small and tiny dusts go faster and require less energy?

Given these contains proportionally less material quantity and an increased surface/volume ratio: they heat faster with less energy.
    small dusts should smelt 4× faster
    tiny dusts … 9× faster

Then full blocks should smelt 9× slower than same material ingot.

If you talk about my own Machines, then yes it is possible, BUT all other Furnii of all other Mods including vanilla Minecraft would still do the old ratio. Same goes for the Maceration Process even though it is not that common that any other Mod than IC2 adds a Macerator that has constant processing costs.

• chloe : 1.4.7 is one of the "gold age" of the minecraft modding for me, the other version that had a "gold age" were 1.2.5 and 1.0, and it seems that 1.7.10 will be the new "gold age" of the minecraft modding.

• Japanese mod "AppleMilkTea2"

Oooh, sounds interesting, what's it do/add?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Check it out here: http://forum.minecraftuser.jp/…fbff62648dac78c58fb3768ad

While I was there, I also found this old IC2 addon. Oh Zuxelus....:D
    http://forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?t=10769

Those particles... me want them :D

• From what the screen shots and a dodgy google translate suggests, it looks cool

While I was there, I also found this old IC2 addon. Oh Zuxelus....:D
    http://forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?t=10769

I think I used that once, had a crash bug with something (I think) so I stopped though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hi,
    Gregtech transform my items from other mods, like arsmagika 2 and foodplus... with gregtech items (like topaz, flour etc) but then I can't craft any item on the other mods using that unified items. How can I Fix that?

• Set AM2 and FoodPlus as special unification target in the unification.cfg

Example:
    thaumcraft
    {
    B:gemAmber_false=false
    }
    If i want to unificate to thaumcraft amber , i would set B:gemAmber_false=false to B:gemAmber_false=true

• As there is so much coding talent in this thread, I thought I'd ask:

Is there anyone here able and willing to port/update the seemingly abandoned StarMiner? Link to its OP: http://forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?t=17975

Google translate does well enough on the thread, and a lot of posters self-google-translate their posts. The mod is in English so far as I can tell from playing it (item names and such), just the author is Japanese. I haven't run into any blatant incompatibilities in 1.6.4 with any mods, but I haven't tried running it alongside Galacticraft yet.

I ask specifically because the Geosync orbit dimension is *great* for Gregtech advanced stuff as a space station endgame.