[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Don't see it as "hey, don't play GT 5 anymore!"

it is never the case, we had some time ago people still playing the gt3, so gt 5 is still possible to play, it will just not have anything new, if most of the system basics logistic is keep on the gt6 it will be recomend to play gt5 so it wont be that much of shock.

Machine wise I am going to go in a similar direction IC² attempts to do right now, with electric/steam/other Motor Blocks attached to Machines to provide kinetic Energy for rotating stuff, and similar things, so that single-block electric Machines are only for cases where the Energy consumed happens to be electricity directly.

so we return to buildcraft machine system? both railcraft and forestry uses it , and most people arent that happy to use them.

in tthe end the only thing i realy dont like is the feeling of "not finished work", gt3, gt4 and gt5 now, simply stopped bein developed, no final release with major bug fix, no legacy.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• so we return to buildcraft machine system? both railcraft and forestry uses it , and most people arent that happy to use them.

Those are Redstone Flux powered stuff, theres no kinetics or anything like at all there. Its just "power" going from A to B with sometimes C inbetween A and B, nothing more.

• Greg I would also be happy to see Zerrens do some art, he's pretty good at that (ofc the textures before were also great).

Also, would it be possible to integrate RedFlux a bit more into GT? In any way at least? When I look back at all my Bases and Factorys I ever really "used" always had a ton of EnergyBridges (PowerConverters Mod which I think everyone knows and existed like forever).

Yes of course you could say "Then don't use them, only use built in Energy convertions." But those Bridges where fucking handy and I would like to see some form of reasonably and realistic Co-Existence of both Energy Types (EU - RF).

Of course I do not mean that GT machines also accept RF, that would just feel wrong. Just some random thoughts about the new Energy....

Mabe someone will come up with a great Idea.

• I will likely do an Electricity->RF-Dynamo, and maybe a Heat->RF-Dynamo and a Kinetic->RF-Dynamo too. The compatibility Code for that is already there.

Nice :)
    I just had a idea for myself, what about some GT version of RF transfer?

For Example putting a GT Fluid Pipe into a Fluid Canner / Assembler and filling it with molten Redstone or another new fluid (clear Reference to these :D).

Depending on the Material/Size of the Pipe used you need more fluid to fill and you'll be able to transfer more Max RF/RF per Tick. That would be pretty awesone, what do you think about such a "Energy Net Implentation"?

We all know the GT Energy net is superior and lag free :*

• Also, Greg, before you release the next version, it better have soldering irons, gem plates/dust->compress=plate recipes, metal blocks, and the old nuclear goodies- Thorium, Helium and NaK coolant cells! AND IRIDIUM NEUTRON REFLECTORS, PLEASE GOD!

In fact, if someone could make a mini-mod (like the gem block->plate fix someone posted) that added back Thorium, Iridium Reflectors, Helium and NaK Coolant cells, I would be very happy and play with that until the new GT gladly. I'd also pay you cashmoney.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

The post was edited 2 times, last by axlegear ().

• 2 different energy networks in one mod... How about no?
    One converter block in front of every RF machine should do the job too.

Blood Asp, you're completely right, if you've only got GT and IC² or any other EU mod installed, then 2 different energy networks in one mod would be completely nuts.
    However if you also have Forestry or ThermalExpansion/Foundation installed and for what Reason ever you do not want to install EnderIO or Mekanism, you're actually not able to trasnport RF from an EnergyCell to your RF Machines exept using Tesseracts (Which of course is awesome but expensive :D ).

Then I think the 2 different energy networks in one mod would become something different, just like the new Forms of Energy that will be Introduced with GT6 (For those who do not know Gregs Idea yet: This & That Post) probably also can be transferred separately. So RF just would become one of those "forms of Energy".

However this is just my personal Opinion and I wrote this to suggest some Ideas and create a few thoughts, espacially if GT6 is on the way (Even if Greg probably has his very own Plans ;) ).

• What's wrong with Buildcraft for moving RF? You could Minetweaker the recipes if you think they're too cheap, and it's otherwise unobtrusive, as everything else it adds can be disabled/have it's recipe removed.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• What's wrong with Buildcraft for moving RF? You could Minetweaker the recipes if you think they're too cheap, and it's otherwise unobtrusive, as everything else it adds can be disabled/have it's recipe removed.

Kinesis Pipes are actually exactly the way how RF Energy on my Server is currently Transferred :) I was just hoping that GregTech would become even more "Intergalactical" ^^

• BTW, here are my *working* MOX designs. I had a favorite that used a neutron reflector, 4x2, 2x1, and 1x1 cells. It was stable and fine in the planner but not in real life.
    The following are ones I can confirm are stable as i've run them all at least twice:

Chamber 0:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…g50e6cotn2llj2r1l2fvqsl4w

Chamer 2:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…jn9rvin2m15ix5ma8ciqxrcao

Chamber 3:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…8pn3mso15osm90881qfxo62v4

Chamber 6:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…kif7dk9f07189v70z0nki0tmo

The failed design that killed my base:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…5xzsokxsubaxmkwpaudvzxo8w

And lastly, a theoretical design that works if you have a throttler that turns it on/off in equal intervals, such as a minecart switch timer or a multiplexed timer array:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…554fhzhyfme4rnj03dgjgq8zk

Hope someone finds them useful.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I used to build them like this: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…4z71f59ta0w0ltx1kwtnvgsn4 You build 2 and switch over every 100sec for a steady 260 eu/t and eff 4.33

This one I find useful as a starter: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…d83b78y8enonfoolys5g23280

• Unfortunately neither of those are useful as MOX reactor designs. An ideal MOX reactor has the highest possible efficiency, like any other, but of distinct difference is that the core temperature must be high- the higher, the better. MOX reactors will thusly produce more (approx. 85% more IIRC) at a temperature of 8,499 without melting blocks nearby (though it will hurt you, catch woon on fire, and evaporate water). You can go lower to prevent those negative effects, however the best efficiency is done at high temperatures. This 85% boost can result in DRASTICALLY more energy per tick and overall, making it much more cost-effective to use them. It's also a rather profitable way to breed more plutonium. MOX cells also produce more energy than normal uranium. IIRC, a urnaium single cell is 5 EU/t and 1mil EU, while a MOX is 20 EU/t and 2mil EU. So, a reactor design with 1x1U versus a 1x1M is already a difference of 400% per tick and 200% total. Factor a high temp in and you get tons more.

Before it went kablammo, my reactor was putting out over 900 EU/t using two quads, a double, and a single.

Quoted from "zorn":

• Heya,

I've been following this thread for a while, and now that you guys talk about power production,
    I want to throw in a few things that I came up with on my Server.

I run BeyondReality, which is a GT5 hardmode pack. (GT v5.07.06, IC2 v2.2.658 )
    Now that I've advanced to 512 EU machines, I was in need for some more power, and I build turbo diesel/steam gens.
    However, it seems to be impossible to power those, as you need 1,2 tungsten boilers for just one turbo steam turbine, and an ocean of
    nitro fuel to keep the turbo diesel running. While I was looking for other ways to get power for my GT machines, I build my first MV solar array
    (which is, as you all know, not cheap to build). Then I came across kinetic wind turbines; Very easy to make, and due to a bug in the modpack (or IC2?),
    they come with indestructible carbon rotors. (Reset to 100% on server restart or once it reaches meta value 65532+, not 100% sure yet)

Long story short:
    - GT power gen above 128 EU is a pain to have, as it requires way too much ressources
    - Nuclear power gen is dangerous (of course it is!), does a fair amount of power, but also needs a decent setup for
    automatic refilling the chambers in order to have a steady EU/t for your base. Also, you need a source of uranium for the cells
    - LV/MV/HV solar arrays don't take fancy materials, but a ton of silicon/copper/redstone. But it's ok since they do free power
    - Kinetic wind turbines are... what? A full turbine (Kinetic power gen + kinetic wind gen + rotor) takes about 700 charcoal,
    90 iron ingots, 9 steel ingots and some redstone/copper, and they produce up to 159eu/t (that's the max I've seen for my base, I guess there can be even more).
    So I have 6 of them feeding one MFSU, feeding 6 MFE, feeding GT battery buffers.

The modpack does have Advanced Solars, but since it's a 3rd party mod and has nothing to do with GT/IC2, I wont write about those.

So, why should I ever build more solars or a nuclear plant, when I can just build 20 more kinetic gens and have free EU-power?
    And for the point of "sometimes there is no wind": MFE/MFSE isn't that hard to make, once you've reached the point where you need that much power,
    so you can easily skip the "no-wind" times.

I can't really ask a question, I just think this somehow is not balanced (Or I'm doing something wrong here)
    IMHO, wind turbines should not outrun nuclear plants, even if they only have 1 chamber.
    (And the rotors should break, but that might be an issue that has been fixed already, or the modpack is messing up with IC2)

Maybe someone can enlighten me on power production with GT/IC2, as it seems I'm missing something here :)

• Whould the machines have a fancy gui, or we just end up punching the block with scanner and components? Also whould it be posible to feed machines like furnaces, smelters and fluid extractor by heat instead of electricity? Or would they demand both?