[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Zerrens : Right, but Gregtech machines explode in rain, IC2 do not :D The MFSU is sitting right next to the 6 turbines. However, I wasn't aware that lapotron crystals are 2048 EU batteries. Sweet, so now I have a way to buffer my pulverizer :)

• Dear greg, thank you for making such a awesome modification for the game Minecraft. But I have to ask (excuse my stupidity), I am supposed to use the forge version 1263, or older, due to the 1.8 branch. The recommended version of forge for 1.7.10 is forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1291. I guess that this version will not work, even if it does not say 1.8. I WILL try the recommended version though. If that does not work, is forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1236 a secure version to use? I would feel comfortable about using the recommended version. If not, do you plan to make a 1291-compatible version? The thing is, I am making a multiplayer modded map, and gregtech will have a very important role in it. Thank you in advance!

• Right. Foils, plates, whatever all work. Paperboard might be the cheapest, but iron foil isn't exactly high price either. 1/4 of an ingot

Hell even wood plank covers would do. You don't even need a plate bender (though you probably have one if you have an assembling machine).

• Let's pretend I need a version of Forge newer than 1263... What will break ? I saw some mod requiring 1290+, but maybe they just built around it and put it as required version. Not taking any chance I updated.

So yeah, question still applies. What will break ?

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Let's pretend I need a version of Forge newer than 1263... What will break ? I saw some mod requiring 1290+, but maybe they just built around it and put it as required version. Not taking any chance I updated.

So yeah, question still applies. What will break ?

Some reportet texture issues with newer Forge version. I'm using Forge 1286 for weeks now and never saw any problem. So it is likely a problem only occurring in special cases.

• Did you test in Multiplayer, Bloody? And is the Server running Forge 1286?

Some reportet texture issues with newer Forge version. I'm using Forge 1286 for weeks now and never saw any problem. So it is likely a problem only occurring in special cases.

I am doing the same as Blodd Asp and can't see any problems at all and I am running a small server on 1286 with a few mods.
    Never had any problem with Forges above 1263 and always used them.

• Hey Greg, any chance for an automatic sluicing machine or even just re-purpose the sifter to accept water in and sift gravel and sand for resources? I figure with gravel, 1% chance of one random gem of chipped, flawed, or normal quality, and with sand, a 1% chance of a random native metal small pile (gold, copper, silver, or electrum)? Slow expensive process, low yields, consumes water

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Did you test in Multiplayer, Bloody? And is the Server running Forge 1286?

Ooooh. I have a well-modded GT server running Forge 1291 and I never saw any problems. Multiple users never saw any problems either. However one of them had invisible textures on the top side of GT ores. Could that be it ?

In all honesty, if a minority of users are having that little texture bug, I couldn't care less. I'll stick with Forge 1291 then. Or maybe I'll try with 1263 later... But it's hard to know if it'll make any difference as the texture bug lasted for a few hours for a single user at most.

Thanks for the answer.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Hey Greg, any chance for an automatic sluicing machine or even just re-purpose the sifter to accept water in and sift gravel and sand for resources? I figure with gravel, 1% chance of one random gem of chipped, flawed, or normal quality, and with sand, a 1% chance of a random native metal small pile (gold, copper, silver, or electrum)? Slow expensive process, low yields, consumes water

Gravel is kinda hard to find but I know some machine who mine 100 blocks in 0,15 second vertically without stopping. That means over 6 gems a second approximately for 1%. Hell, just a quarry at max speed is kinda fast... Put a few over a desert and bam. You're swimming in gems. I do agree with the gravel thingie, though. Just reusing everything is fun.

EDIT : Then again, it'd take over... Over... Well yeah... Over three quarter of a dozen thousands, say, machines to keep up though. ;P So I figure it's still kinda valid. And there's still way to reduce that to 0.5%. Or even 0.33%.

• Gravel is kinda hard to find but I know some machine who mine 100 blocks in 0,15 second vertically without stopping. That means over 6 gems a second approximately for 1%. Hell, just a quarry at max speed is kinda fast... Put a few over a desert and bam. You're swimming in gems. I do agree with the gravel thingie, though. Just reusing everything is fun.

EDIT : Then again, it'd take over... Over... Well yeah... Over three quarter of a dozen thousands, say, machines to keep up though. ;P So I figure it's still kinda valid. And there's still way to reduce that to 0.5%. Or even 0.33%.

block breaker = cobble. cobble + hammer = gravel. gravel + anything else = valuable ingots means there's an easy, scalable, hands off way to fabricate stuff. Not too different than UUM except much lower energy requirements (unless we're talking ~100 ppm tiny dust), a laggy setup, and no prohibitively difficult to obtain materials like chrome, tungstensteel, iridium, osmium, or neutronium.