[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• When I try to change the ID's for this mod, it crashes... I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thank You :)

Can you post your error log?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Can you post your error log?

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Ouch. That hurt :(

Time: 1/6/13 12:35 PM
    Description: Failed to start game

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2101
    at amq.<init>(Block.java:322)
    at gregtechmod.common.blocks.GT_BlockMetaID_Block.<init>(GT_BlockMetaID_Block.java:32)
    at gregtechmod.GT_Mod.load(GT_Mod.java:271)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:483)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:656)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:207)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:456)
    at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:744)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• Official Post

V2.75c:
    Improved Item Movement Code of my Automation Machines, to be able to limit Stacksizes at the Target Inventory (The Advanced Regulator makes already use of that, so you may want to check the preplaced ones), may needs a bit more testing, please report any Item-Dupe or Item-Elimination, which happens to you.
    I don't know what exactly went wrong, but the Implosion Compressor should play a Sound. Maybe it works only in Multiplayer.

• If your getting that crash message that means another item/block has the same ID and is conflicting which means you need to change the ID to something else ;)

That's the thing... I've tried several id's and its still not working.

Finding an ID not in use is proving to be a bit tricky, I'll keep trying though.

• This might be a random place to post this but I don’t know where else to put it. does any one here know of a public server using gregtech? single player gets boring after a bit

• I don't know what exactly went wrong, but the Implosion Compressor should play a Sound. Maybe it works only in Multiplayer.

Make all your machines play sounds while working. Actually it might be hard sometimes to find a sound.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• That's the thing... I've tried several id's and its still not working.

Finding an ID not in use is proving to be a bit tricky, I'll keep trying though.

that's about the only thing you can do atm is keep trying, I do tend to find spots open in the 19k range though for some strange reason but it could just be me. You could also narrow things down by getting this
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…ock-id-conflict-resolver/ it'll help locate ID's so you can choose and then there's the ID resolver mod.

• Can I ask a question about the Lightning Rod, I would like to know how the probability of getting a lightning strike is calculated, mostly whether the probably is calculated on a lightning strike or just all the time during a thunderstorm. I ask because I've setup a lighting Rod in a Mystcraft age with both Eternal Storm and Charged on it, meaning there is almost consent lightning. Just wondering how much more effective than having it in the overworld it should be (it's going to be more effective anyway just by the nature of the Eternal Storm).

I have another question as well but it's more general IC2, does a HV-Transformer converting down 2048 to 512 convert every packet it receives, or does it have an internal buffer of 2048EU which it can only purge once per tick (if it's the latter it explains why my Lighting Rod is only outputting on one side atm).

Oh just thought of another question, is there any penalty for having more then one lightning Rod in the same area / chunk?

:) Skid :)
    "Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

• Official Post

Can I ask a question about the Lightning Rod, I would like to know how the probability of getting a lightning strike is calculated, mostly whether the probably is calculated on a lightning strike or just all the time during a thunderstorm. I ask because I've setup a lighting Rod in a Mystcraft age with both Eternal Storm and Charged on it, meaning there is almost consent lightning. Just wondering how much more effective than having it in the overworld it should be (it's going to be more effective anyway just by the nature of the Eternal Storm).

I have another question as well but it's more general IC2, does a HV-Transformer converting down 2048 to 512 convert every packet it receives, or does it have an internal buffer of 2048EU which it can only purge once per tick (if it's the latter it explains why my Lighting Rod is only outputting on one side atm).

Oh just thought of another question, is there any penalty for having more then one lightning Rod in the same area / chunk?

You are not in the Position to demand anything, you nasty little Pincushion!

But I will explain it anyways:

And the HV-Transformers are storing up to 2048EU of the inserted Energy and then put four 512-EU-Packets out per tick.

• Cool thanks, was only expecting a yes no answer if I got one :)

So if I read that right it calculates every 256th tick and if at that point it is ether thundering or raining. So a charged dimension doesn't help which is a shame but it makes for a cool dimension to have a lightning farm in anyway. Thanks for the reply, time to build the charge-o-mat and the system to move the energy to the overworld so it can power my Matter Fabricator to aid in the production of Redstone to Aid in the production of chrome to build the fusion reactor that will render the lighting farm pointless ^^

• @Greg's post with the LR code: ERMAGHERD! Code, Y U SO COMPLICATED?!?!?!!? I don't think I'll start modding anytime soon :P

My first milestone: Blast furnace the hell out of 2 stacks of Si Cells 8o

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Code
    if (mTickTimer%256==0&&(worldObj.isThundering()||(worldObj.isRaining()&&GT_Mod.Randomizer.nextInt(10)==0)))

Does this mean that the lightning rod can work in normal rain as well, just at 10% efficiency?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Code
    if (mTickTimer%6==0&&(worldObj.isThundering()||(worldObj.isRaining()&>_Mod.Randomizer.nextInt(10)==0)))

Does this mean that the lightning rod can work in normal rain as well, just at 10% efficiency?

Effectively yes, that line says that there is a 10% chance that it will do the calculations for a lightning strike if it is raining, but its a little more completed then that:

Code
    if (!worldObj.isThundering()&&yCoord+rodvalue<128) rodvalue=0;

This basically says that the top of the lightning Rod has to be higher then 128 blocks high in order for there to be a chance that lightning will strike when it is just raining, beyond that the probability remains the same.

So in short, if the top of your lightning rod is above the 128 block point then you are you will get 1 in every 10 strikes that you would normally get if it was thundering.

Infact according to calculation, you have the best chance of having a lightning strike if your rod extends from bed rock to the world ceiling.

• With a rod from Y=5 to Y=255 you would get about 5960 eu/t during a storm, 596 eu/t during rain and nothing when it's not raining.

Now Forestry lets us manipulate the rain...

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.