[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Hey, I'm having some trouble disabling certain "Harder Recipes", it seems that the config options don't want to work. I've tried editing the dynamicconfig and setting B:electricsteeltools=false but im still stuck with the harder recipes. I've tried my google-fu and i'm getting some conflicting reports, one saying that the auto-generated recipes.cfg file should have an option, but the file that is generated for me is mostly empty. I've tried adjusting the load order of my mods to check if there might be something over-writing it but i can't seem to figure this out.

• *cough* *cough* that was a fixed Bug *cough* *cough*

Still dont get it. This is what I did with the plate factory. I put a ME Interfact on the left side of the machine so it woul dinput. then I put a import bus which grabs items to the network, But they dont grab the finished plates for some reason

• Hey, I'm having some trouble disabling certain "Harder Recipes", it seems that the config options don't want to work. I've tried editing the dynamicconfig and setting B:electricsteeltools=false but im still stuck with the harder recipes. I've tried my google-fu and i'm getting some conflicting reports, one saying that the auto-generated recipes.cfg file should have an option, but the file that is generated for me is mostly empty. I've tried adjusting the load order of my mods to check if there might be something over-writing it but i can't seem to figure this out.

Are you playing on a server?

Both the client and the server need the setting changed. If only the client changes it, you'll see the easy recipe in NEI but you won't be able to craft with it because the server mandates the hard one. If only the server changes it, you can use the easy one but the client will still show the hard one in NEI (and the hard one won't work).

Also, some options were moved to other config files, your "conflicting reports" are simply outdated ;) Almost anything you need is in the Dynamic Config nowadays, with a few useful things remaining in GregtTech.cfg and the recipes one being entirely superfluous.

• How do I set the GT electric wrench to lossless mode?
    Or does Greg think lossless mode is OP?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• FFS greg, why'd you have to chance the way wrenches work on ALL machines? I just lost an MFE full of power by trying to rotate it and dismantling it instead.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• FFS greg, why'd you have to chance the way wrenches work on ALL machines? I just lost an MFE full of power by trying to rotate it and dismantling it instead.

An MFE full of EU? That's nothing. Try to learn the new controls. I wanted to get rid of Shift/Alt Behaviors.

• Greg, would you consider adding an overlay to machines when using the wrench.
    It would need to know what the current facing of the block was and after that a simple Red/Green Blob showing what will happen if you use the wrench in the location you are pointing at.

It would be a great tool to help introduce people to the new wrenching style, and would help new players ease into gregtech.

Eg:
    Green box meaning the block will turn.
    http://imgur.com/S4rMHkA

Red Box meaning the block will break
    http://imgur.com/AgfXQHn

• But that wouldn't show you which one of the hitboxes you are aiming at, for rotation.

Vanilla MC highlights whatever block you are aiming at already. I see no reason why we'd need anything more.

• Vanilla MC highlights whatever block you are aiming at already. I see no reason why we'd need anything more.

Well, I pointed out one, with some pictures. Its pretty easy to know what block you are pointing at. (Especially if you use something other than the default highlighting because its a pile of shit)
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…ection-box-v10-its-fancy/ <--- Try that and tell me its not better than default.

What I am proposing is something like that but for wrenches, it causes little to no lag, and would be very useful to show what is about to happen when wrenching items.
    That way people wont have to remember what items can face different directions when wrenching, what items have 4 vs 6 facings or even if an item is already facing the direction that will wrench it. (Vanilla Anvil for instance)
    It could also assist in construction with blocks that are obscured so a single rotation can be performed rather than 2

• Do the multiblock-structures work with rp buffers?

UPD
    Ok, they don't figured it out myself. Mut whythehell are the GregTEch Translocator refusing to work with the rp2 tubes?

Define "refuse to work together". No machine not from Redpower 2 will ever output into tubes. Eloraam has decreed it so.

• Is it normal that the circuitry part in the Recipes.cfg no longer exists?
    I would like to disable crafting machines from forestry bronze casings but can't find it anywhere, tried to add this manually but not working through.

The post was edited 1 time, last by wormzjl ().

• Still dont get it. This is what I did with the plate factory. I put a ME Interfact on the left side of the machine so it woul dinput. then I put a import bus which grabs items to the network, But they dont grab the finished plates for some reason

I had some issues with that machine as well.

If I remember right I had to set up export bus on the top and import bus on the right side.

• Never got to hear this before. Thanks, anyway.

Its the main reason she added Relays, for compatibility.

• Yes, It's a server but it's my machine. I've ensured all config files match, but the problem persists. I had gravisuite and advanced solar panels installed, thinking hat might be contributing... but i've removed both of them for troubleshooting purposes. For what it's worth, i was able to disable the recipe for the harder macerator. it's the electric tools option that doesn't seem to want to stick.

Are you playing on a server?

Both the client and the server need the setting changed. If only the client changes it, you'll see the easy recipe in NEI but you won't be able to craft with it because the server mandates the hard one. If only the server changes it, you can use the easy one but the client will still show the hard one in NEI (and the hard one won't work).

Also, some options were moved to other config files, your "conflicting reports" are simply outdated ;) Almost anything you need is in the Dynamic Config nowadays, with a few useful things remaining in GregtTech.cfg and the recipes one being entirely superfluous.