[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• This is purely off the top of my head, but what about an AESU minecart if Railcraft is installed? It seems useful for those of us who make moving (Patent pending) Base-in-a-train, I use a TBM to go at least 1,600 meters away, up to 8,000, and then make a basic mining outpost with quarries, charging benches (From Advanced Power management), macerators, and so on. Not even going to bother asking about the LESU or IDSU, as both of those would be pointless aside from looks. (Although the LESU does work as a LV->ULV transformer, thanks for that feature? Bug? Exploit? What would it be called?)

:Nuke TNT: = Answer to all problems. Including that creeper camping right outside the door of your glass house.

• Greg, do you currently have a account on twitter?

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Hi Gregorius, i was testing some mods together when i have technic named "technic" instead of ".technic" i get a error i know it says redpower but, it only happens when i add GregTech to the custom pack. It will work fine with multimc also just not technic launcher. I've heard some stories that you do not like technic and made it so it crashes when it detects .technic is this true?

• Because there are countless mods and ways (which doesnt need a converter block) to convert EU <-> MJ. MJ is electricity, Minecraft Joule (MJ).

Actually, by definition MJ is actually 'Power', and so is EU

but EU is done via electrical units (electrons) moving in a current (the packet)..
    whereas MJ is the mechanical action of the engine exerting force over a specific distance (1 meter) repetitively...

Both are technically the same, yet the nature of their force is strikingly different...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Yeah, but I think that since carbon cells are renewable they would be considered "OP" by some people. And as for the "charcoal has more impurities" argument, which is a valid one, charcoal was used in metallurgy (IRL, not the mod) for a long time because it had less impurities (specifically sulfur) and burns hotter than normal coal does. However, as charcoal is more expensive due to the growing process required it was replaced by cheaper coal coke. Perhaps there should be a blast furnace recipe for sugar cane charcoal, as it is the purest type of charcoal and is slightly harder to find than trees in-game

have you tried plugins for forestry? there is a sugar coke and a cactus coke but you also need some sulfur to make one

I know my english is bad, but in reality, i talk spanish broh!

• Hi Gregorius, i was testing some mods together when i have technic named "technic" instead of ".technic" i get a error i know it says redpower but, it only happens when i add GregTech to the custom pack. It will work fine with multimc also just not technic launcher. I've heard some stories that you do not like technic and made it so it crashes when it detects .technic is this true?

technic, technic, technic...
    Yes, GregTech will crash if it is loaded through the Technic launcher. Not all stories are fiction; just don't use Technic if you want GregTech.

• whereas MJ is the mechanical action of the engine exerting force over a specific distance (1 meter) repetitively...

Should be. BC would be cooler with gears instead of these unrealistic/uggly pipes containing that strange blue fluid ... and some converters from N.m (which is an energy, but the fact I wrote Newton shows I'm thinking to a mechanical force) to V.A.s (Volt*Amps*Second).
    For the one above: Said like that, it seems Greg just dislike Technic and want to annoy users of these modpacks. At least you could explain why none here like Technic: the point is, more than distributing mods without their author permission, technic is also making money from advertising, so it's kind of stealing ... and Greg already said he would allow these modpacks to distribute GregTech, IF technic creators ask, personally. Which will never happen, of course.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Hmmm... what about a Particle Accelerator as another Endgame item?
    Smash dem particles together using a huge-ass Circle of Fusion coils and Tungstensteel blocks to get other heavier elements and a little eu, or make Blackholes and Anti-matter with it.
    Your choice.
    :3

• True, that there isn't much need to convert MJ to EU, except for efficiency reasons, which goes back to what I said about the diesel generator (and others) not being efficient compared to some alternatives. It's also the only way to convert blutricity into EU.

If someone thinks that MJ --> to EU is cheesy or OP it's because the fuel/energy is not balanced between mods.
    I personally don't mind, because getting EU is easy (having fun with wind mills right now), but it's good to generate discussion about balance of energy resources.

Regards.

• True, that there isn't much need to convert MJ to EU, except for efficiency reasons, which goes back to what I said about the diesel generator (and others) not being efficient compared to some alternatives. It's also the only way to convert blutricity into EU.

If someone thinks that MJ --> to EU is cheesy or OP it's because the fuel/energy is not balanced between mods.
    I personally don't mind, because getting EU is easy (having fun with wind mills right now), but it's good to generate discussion about balance of energy resources.

Regards.

The only Converter i want to see is a gaint Electromagnetic Dynamo to convert them.

Multiblock things are fun >.<

• It's also the only way to convert blutricity into EU.

That imo is OP, since you can easily acquire large amount of blutricity from a few solar panels, converting that to EU will get you easily huge amounts of EU.

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• I have always regarded the 3 systems as not made to be directly converted, have spent most of my time making sure there are no direct conversion methods and that lava generation costs more to do than the possible energy gains.

• Greg, a few requests/ suggestions:
    -fix more of the pulverizer recipes (the recipes for the silk touch ores such as redstone give you 8 in a pulverizer, 10 in a macerator)
    -changeable public and private idsu frequencies
    -make an additional storage block the uesu - the ultimate storage unit. It can function with the idsu's frequency and wireless transfer. It has the aesu adjustabiliy, and can choose how many packets per tic it can emit (different that the voltage change of the aesu)
    -gregtech bee breeding machine
    -transformer upgrades for gregtech machines ?
    - internal storage indicator (like vanilla ic2 machines)?
    -redstone and nickolite storage blocks (erhem, supposed to replace tube stuff, erhem)
    -config to disable the need for multi-block structures ?
    - ability to speed up gregtech machines ( I know that it was denied for specific machines, I am only asking for all of the machines that haven't been denies, such as the blastfurnace ect)

• That imo is OP, since you can easily acquire large amount of blutricity from a few solar panels, converting that to EU will get you easily huge amounts of EU.

One solar panel generates 120W-200W, you need 1000W for 1MJ/t, 1 MJ = 1.25 EU, so 8-5 solar panels for 1000W = 1.25 EU, I don't see it as OP or huge EU from it. Although I know that Nikolite is easy to come by and you need 2 coal/charcoal, 2 sand, 1 silver and 36 nikolite for each panel, but you better use the MJ on something else because EU aren't that hard to get.

• @Guy above above:
    Greg, a few requests/ suggestions:
    -fix more of the pulverizer recipes (the recipes for the silk
    touch ores such as redstone give you 8 in a pulverizer, 10 in a
    macerator)
    Not Sure if intendeed
    -changeable public and private idsu frequencies
    I think on his ToDoList
    -make an additional storage block the uesu - the ultimate
    storage unit. It can function with the idsu's frequency and
    wireless transfer. It has the aesu adjustabiliy, and can choose
    how many packets per tic it can emit (different that the
    voltage change of the aesu)
    No, he definetly wont do that. The IDSU is thr Ultimate Storage allready
    -gregtech bee breeding machine
    Greg dont like Bees
    -transformer upgrades for gregtech machines ?
    - internal storage indicator (like vanilla ic2 machines)?
    What internal Storage do you mean?
    -redstone and nickolite storage blocks (erhem, supposed to replace tube stuff, erhem)
    There is No Reason for that, and there will be a RSBlock in 1.5
    -config to disable the need for multi-block structures ?
    OP
    - ability to speed up gregtech machines ( I know that it was
    denied for specific machines, I am only asking for all of the
    machines that haven't been denies, such as the blastfurnace
    ect)
    Probably denied

• There is already a speed option for the blast furnace. Greg told me in a PM that he won't add the option to change the grinder speed. It really is balanced and if it took like 800 EU, it would be OP.
    There should be configs for all other machines.
    I also suggested a Super Transformer with 10kk EU storage and adjustable EU/t and EU/p output. Guess what, he didn't not deny it. Seewhatididther?

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• One solar panel generates 120W-200W, you need 1000W for 1MJ/t, 1 MJ = 1.25 EU, so 8-5 solar panels for 1000W = 1.25 EU, I don't see it as OP or huge EU from it. Although I know that Nikolite is easy to come by and you need 2 coal/charcoal, 2 sand, 1 silver and 36 nikolite for each panel, but you better use the MJ on something else because EU aren't that hard to get.

Well, what about the Sail then?

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.