[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Greg, I have a serious problem on my server.... Canvas bags have a glitch where you can dupe items (I'm not sure how to do it) and I was wondering if you could add something to disable them? A guy on my server has 30 stacks of coal blocks and 5 blocks of copper... (He doesn't have any sort of mining machine and he's only been on the server for a couple days) I'll probably ban him but I want to make sure other people don't do it.

There are some Redpower tweaks floating on the net that fixes it, also Nallar's Tick Threading should fix it. Personally I hate this bug, I'm so used to feature causing dupe when used with canvas bags, that I have to regularly delete items that I duped. You can also try ShadwDrgn's recipe remover to disable crafting recipe for them.

• Greg, I have a serious problem on my server.... Canvas bags have a glitch where you can dupe items (I'm not sure how to do it) and I was wondering if you could add something to disable them? A guy on my server has 30 stacks of coal blocks and 5 blocks of copper... (He doesn't have any sort of mining machine and he's only been on the server for a couple days) I'll probably ban him but I want to make sure other people don't do it.

5 blocks of copper...? That's only 45 copper, or 23 if he used a macerator.

• This post takes up a ton of room so I'm just going to put it in a spoiler.

[color=#I can see you're quoting me lol]h[/color]

The post was edited 4 times, last by tipred3 ().

• Ok with a recent update the admin did to our server, all cell recipies that could be done nicely in an invenotry or crafting table now need an "automatic canning machine" looking it up i saw automatic recycler, so i made some of the recyclers, figuring once i set them up and automate it all i can then do the canning stuff.. howver they are not outputting to pipes! i looked in the wiki and they arent listed (none of the automated stuff is
    so heres my questions
    1) how do i get them to put thier output into a chest or pipe?
    2) how do i make them accept hv ? (i try to keep all ic2 stuff using hv to save wiring issues)

if i missed them on the wikki then a link to thier section will be great

• Ok with a recent update the admin did to our server, all cell recipies that could be done nicely in an invenotry or crafting table now need an "automatic canning machine" looking it up i saw automatic recycler, so i made some of the recyclers, figuring once i set them up and automate it all i can then do the canning stuff.. howver they are not outputting to pipes! i looked in the wiki and they arent listed (none of the automated stuff is
    so heres my questions
    1) how do i get them to put thier output into a chest or pipe?
    2) how do i make them accept hv ? (i try to keep all ic2 stuff using hv to save wiring issues)

if i missed them on the wikki then a link to thier section will be great

1) GregTech machines does NOT output stuff directly into pipes/tubes. It will output into INVENTORIES (chests, other machines). If you want to send items into RP tubes you can use RP relays.
    GT will NOT support BC piping in any way.
    2) Currently GregTech machines does not have support for voltages higher than specified on their tooltip, however later they will accept transformer upgrades by rightclicking with it into a machine.

• 1) GregTech machines does NOT output stuff directly into pipes/tubes. It will output into INVENTORIES (chests, other machines). If you want to send items into RP tubes you can use RP relays.
    GT will NOT support BC piping in any way.
    2) Currently GregTech machines does not have support for voltages higher than specified on their tooltip, however later they will accept transformer upgrades by rightclicking with it into a machine.

i did try putting a vanila chest behind the automatic recylcer and it didnt put the scrap into it.
    shame about the pipes, but into inventorys would be fine if it worked lol
    Thanks for the reply, im literly refreshing this every few minutes while in game trying to sus out how these things work...if i can get the recyclers sorted i can then use that knowledge to make the canning machine system ...though its annoying all can recipies have suddenly required machines.

there does seem to be a bug with gregtech as well, the machines of his i have placed appear to be taking power when idle.

• i did try putting a vanila chest behind the automatic recylcer and it didnt put the scrap into it.
    shame about the pipes, but into inventorys would be fine if it worked lol
    Thanks for the reply, im literly refreshing this every few minutes while in game trying to sus out how these things work...if i can get the recyclers sorted i can then use that knowledge to make the canning machine system ...though its annoying all can recipies have suddenly required machines.

there does seem to be a bug with gregtech as well, the machines of his i have placed appear to be taking power when idle.

I'm sure GT machines DO output items, they may just take some time to do that (anti-lag feature), however if the machine needs space it will instant output items.

• I'm sure GT machines DO output items, they may just take some time to do that (anti-lag feature), however if the machine is needs space it will instant output items.

ah yes your right, its rather slow but it does do it thankyou

• Wasting time, i've made my first GregTech MultiBlock Machine (Now I'm going to call them GTMBM) that, at the cost of only (about) 9k EU, can craft 2 electronic circuits, in (about) 2 minutes (real life time (out of 1 refined iron ingot, 2 electrum ingots, 2 sticky resin and 2 electrum ingots).
    My only complaint is: why this should be so expensive?... I mean, to do this in my survival world this is gonna take a lot of resources and time (more resources than time)...
    Or maybe i'm doing something bad?, i'm attaching a screenshot of my GTMBM, any suggestion?

I know my english is bad, but in reality, i talk spanish broh!

• I just wrenched an industrial blast furnace and got machine parts. I didn't know that was possible?

edit: Never mind, somehow my wrench got off of loss-less mode.

• I get this crash when I rightclicked on an implosion compressor. This was just after updating my server to the FTB Ultimate pack from a modified version of direwolf20. This was the client log, server just had a normal connection reset message.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/5604127/

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• I get this crash when I rightclicked on an implosion compressor. This was just after updating my server to the FTB Ultimate pack from a modified version of direwolf20. This was the client log, server just had a normal connection reset message.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/5604127/

Did it happen to look like a machine block? :3

• That is the nature of most games. Trying to include all of the rules of reality would result in neverending work and a game that would be so bloated it would be unplayable when done. Not to mention the supercomputer you'd need to play it! : P

Biggest problem with extremely realistic games is that they are rather boring and you need to spend a ton of time doing all sorts of tedious things, just like real life! :-P

Does anyone know if there exist machines, turtle upgrades or other methods that are able to measure how much liquids pass through them? I wanted to find a way to measure how much stuff I was moving around and how much was being used by various machines (e.g how much fuel it takes to heat up a 3x3x4 HP boiler and how much steam did it generate)? Yes, I know there are several tools that are able to tell how much fuel is in a pipe right at that moment and I could just calculate it by hand but I'd like to plug something in a pipeline and it would start counting how many (milli)buckets of stuff passes through it. Something similar for various types of energy (EU, MJ, ...) would also be nice to have.

I mean I can't be the only one who would like to know how much liquids/energy they are using and love to see big numbers getting bigger all the time :)

In theory I could probably hack something together with tank turtles/minecarts but it would be rather ineffective when you need to pass huge amounts of stuff.

• Idk if there is something similar to that you want, but i think the tank turtle (misc peripherals) is the only "liquid container" that can get the count of how many liquid it suck/drop from tanks, if you are working with huge amounts, craft another turtle, but a single one can store up to 10 buckets of liquid, another idea is with railcraft tank carts, a detector track and a counter (rp2 or a computer from computercraft checking for redstone pulses), every 1 or 2 pulses (depending on your setup) is 16 buckets. This is not exact but at least you have a count :D
    Edit: making some tests, i've discovered that tank turtles works with pipes, that would make things more easy.

I know my english is bad, but in reality, i talk spanish broh!

The post was edited 1 time, last by TrovadorUrbano ().

• Biggest problem with turtles-carts would probably be their throughput. I mostly use liquiducts for moving stuff around and to be able to process steam from just a single max-size HP boiler I'd need around 9 duct connections to get it all out. Multiply that by something relatively big to be able to pump it in turtles, measure the contents and dump it all out again while not bottlenecking the boiler output of 720 millibuckets per tick.

Another nice thing would be to have some way to measure active power usage on the network (or just one main cable coming from the power generation complex). E.g when I don't have all my machines running and I see I just have the need for 200 EU/t I could (automatically) turn off the 400EU/t reactor. Sure, I could always build a huge array of energy containers or use a wall of "smart" generators that only output energy when something actually uses it but I don't consider this nearly as elegant solution.

• The point is, that with the Automated Output you don't even need any other Automation. You can just place Compressor, Canner and Extractor in one small Line to produce a few Fuel Cells (ofcourse in the beginning). That's very useful, as you can see on Thermal Expansions Machines. The electric Buffers also have the amazing ability to transfer Energy similar to a Cable (And even 128 EU/t when I add Transformer Upgrade compatibility), in addition to Items.

One could argue that automation should be bigger and require more thought to set up than just "slap down machines next to each other"

Not public but here it is:

Pfft, my idea list is 1400 lines long. Probably because I used to add any random stuff to it (such as creating a mod called "Bread power 2")

Also, this forum needs working multiquote.
    Edit: Removed excessive amount of extra quotes - that is exactly what I don't mean by "working multiquote".

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• One could argue that automation should be bigger and require more thought to set up than just "slap down machines next to each other"

Honestly, i consider GT automation good as it is efficient and compact (also lag-free).

Automation that needs a "f***" big room is considered a waste of space and efficiency to me.