[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Compact solars is open source, when you know enough Java to understand most of that, then you are probably ready to make an Adjustable Solar Panel.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I have come up with some theories regarding AE Export Busses.

First of all, all XBusses in a specific network are synced. They will all check the network's shared inventory for matched items at the exact same time (I think it's 1 hertz but I'm not sure). So, if you have 4 XBusses all requesting dirt, and you place 1 dirt in the system, all the XBusses will try to grab it at the same time, but only one of them will get it (random). If you place two at a time, than two busses will get it.
    However, if one bus detects the item in it's attached inventory it will have a higher priority than those who don't. Meaning, if in one of the inventories of the 4 XBusses there is 1 dirt, than that one will start getting all the dirt, leaving none to it's friends. (I know it works when there are items in one of them, but I am not sure that if there are items in several than they will get different priorities depending on the amount of items).
    If you placed 1 dirt previously, and a random bus got it, than any dirt you will keep on placing will go to that one (until it has no more space).
    To make sure all 4 busses get 1 item, you must place 4 items AT ONCE. If you placed them one each time, all would end up in one of the busses.
    Ultimately, if you want to put m items into n busses, you must always put only nm items at once. In my case I have to put 4 H cells into 60 centrifuges, so I am only inserting 240 cells at once. I recommend using a RP2 regulator for that.
    As far as I can tell, Import Busses are synced aswell. if you place a water cell at the exact same time into 2 industrial electrolyzers, and attach IBusses to each of them than you will get both the electrolyzed water cells at the exact same time.

Hope this clears some things up about AE automation :)

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• Hey Greg,
    This summer I'm thinking about making an IC2 addon (a solar panel mod) because I think ASP is awesome but needs even higher tiered solars...So I'm gonna make my own...
    ANYWAYS, I was wondering if maybe you could help me? I have an idea to make one tier of solars work sort of like your AESU with adjustable outputs and maybe even have some of my recipes require your stuff (if your mod is installed)
    Of course, I know nothing about coding and my modding dreams will probably never come to fruition, but if they do I was wondering if you could help me :P (I obviously have to learn up about Java)
    And of course anybody else on this thread since you are all so smart talking about your plasma and fusion and such
    Have a nice day :)

Compact solars is open source, when you know enough Java to understand most of that, then you are probably ready to make an Adjustable Solar Panel.

But he knows ZERO Java. And I think he can´t even make simple LUA Scripts.

• Ok, couldn't get to work to transfer energy (the Lightning button) to transfer energy between adjacent machines =\ Any help?

It only transfers energy to the output side. For automatic machines it is the side with a gray square, for buffers it is the red side, for translocators it is both red and green side, for sorters it is both red and blue side, for inventory manager it is all sides (i think).

• t

When they fail to hold the plasma (when someone break a block of it and it was running). Plasma should leak and destroy stuff.

By the way, HV transformers should be changed to not accept voltages higher than 8192 or supercondensators are entirely useless.

hats physically not logical. a reallife fusion reactor doesnt blow up when it breaks because plasma is so unstable that it would instantly die if something would touch it (air...), so ther is no explosion, but emition of helium, nothing more. So atm gregs reactor is really realistic

• Your assumption about randomness is wrong, but the conclusion is right. The Bus, which grabs all the Items is the one, which gets ticked first by the World, causing a directional priority. There is nothing random about that. It's 100% predictable.

hats physically not logical. a reallife fusion reactor doesnt blow up when it breaks because plasma is so unstable that it would instantly die if something would touch it (air...), so ther is no explosion, but emition of helium, nothing more. So atm gregs reactor is really realistic

At least one got it...

All those people who think Fusion Reactors blow up, or do anything else badly. unbelievable...

• To be fair, we don't have real life fusion power plants yet, so it's not hard to draw parallels.

Yes we do, we have a few different designs, but most are experimental and although the GT one is fairly realistic, due to the Coils in the fusion coil recipie im guessing its caused by pure Heat, which is insanely unefficient.

• I am still hoping that greg implements a use for the high amounts of neutron radiation which should be produced by the fusion.

From the calculations I presented earlier, the current plasma used to get the energy from should only account for about 10-20% of the total energy produced, so maybe use that rest for neutron bombardment of stuff?

• I am still hoping that greg implements a use for the high amounts of neutron radiation which should be produced by the fusion.

From the calculations I presented earlier, the current plasma used to get the energy from should only account for about 10-20% of the total energy produced, so maybe use that rest for neutron bombardment of stuff?

And how do you imagine to irratiate things with Neutrons from a Fusion Reactor?

• Your assumption about randomness is wrong, but the conclusion is right. The Bus, which grabs all the Items is the one, which gets ticked first by the World, causing a directional priority. There is nothing random about that. It's 100% predictable.

At least one got it...

All those people who think Fusion Reactors blow up, or do anything else badly. unbelievable...

Hang on, Plasma..... We need some kind of Plasma Cable, since Plasma is a very good conductor ^^

• Superconductor wire is enough for that.. and IIRC adv generator add-on also have that plasma cable but it has a very big eu/t loss/distance. ninjaéd

• Have just tested the Blockchanger-Code I used to switch to MetaTileEntities. To make it short: It doesnt work that way anymore (strange Bug) in 1.5.1, so I have to drop that Code, meaning if you are going to update a previous World to 1.5.1, you should update to 2.90h before doing that, or you will loose old Centrifuges and Fusion Reactors, if I dont find a fix.

• Yes we do, we have a few different designs, but most are experimental and although the GT one is fairly realistic, due to the Coils in the fusion coil recipie im guessing its caused by pure Heat, which is insanely unefficient.

In my book, a power plant needs to be electricity positive at the end of the day. We don't have anything that is even close to that.

• And how do you imagine to irratiate things with Neutrons from a Fusion Reactor?

Well, the primary method would be to place the things in the walls of the reactor. The very inner surface could be made from a metal which is mostly neutron transparent (say pick something with a high atomic mass). then right after that layer you place what you want to irradiate.

A secondary method would be similar to the first, but instead, have that space after the inner layer have neutron reflectors arranged such that the neutrons are all reflected to a specific area (basically similar to a microwave wave-guide, but for reflecting neutrons around), where you place the thing to be irradiated. This method will be consistent with the neutron reflectors already incorporated into the fusion coils.

• Pls put it to the important notes..:)

As soon as I release my 1.5.1-Version. I still have the Small Dusts, Materials, Components, Liquids, Gasses, Plasmas, the generic Items and 50% of my Machine-Textures left to split...