[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I for one boycott RP2 for how it's author deals with other mods/authors and players. Especially how she doesn't allow any sorts of compatibility with her stuff. It's completely not needed to have it to play, especially if you don't want incredibly OP stuff.
    Though that's just me.

Also, 2.90g was linked a few pages ago

Be grateful she at least made the mod. How would you like the mod to not even exist?

• Hey Greg, just a question, why don't you nerf UUM even more ? Not UUM in general, but UUM as a regenerative material ? I think a good way to deal with that would be to add some "Tiers" of Amplifier, such as Scraps = Tier one, keep its current value as an amplifier but you'll need even 10 times more energy with that ^^
    But Tier II amplifier could also be used to keep the current energy needing for one UUM, and Tier III to generate UUM for only 1.666 666 EU. But, of course, not everything is considered as Tier III ... you'd need Diamond, Platinium or Tungsten Dust for that ^^
    The point of that would be to make UUM more affordable at first, if you need it to craft something like Q-Suit (plz, make it need Osmium! I'm bored of all these noobs succeeding to get it just because they found enough Sheldonite/Ferrous Ore ^^), but it would be way harder to automate. And it would buff generators with high output but consuming fuel, such as Boiler or Nuclear Reactor, while nerfing SpwnX exploits ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Be grateful she at least made the mod. How would you like the mod to not even exist?

Not having RP2 itself wouldn't matter to me at all since I haven't used a single item from there for almost a year now.
    Ore dictionary on the other hand is great. Too bad she refuses to use it to provide automatic compatibility with stuff in her mod with other mods, though. She is basically a female and silent form of FlowerChild.

• incredibly OP stuff.

lol, I think you mean FTBM ? I would point out the fact, that without EnderStorage (which is OP), those are quite hard to make lol (I'm still hopping TE will ban RP2 Batteries/implement losses for Tesseract ^^)
    And, btw, RP2 pump is less OP than BC one. (but laggy). BlockBreakers can also be considered as OP, but ... if so, TE is OP, and GT too ... (ok no, because GT made it expensive and consuming energy)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Well that's really helpful you fixed it in 1.5, too bad we will probably have to stay in 1.4 for a while. (*ahem* RP2 *ahem*)

"Back on RP full-time now. Lots of surprises coming, but first, I'll likely be releasing a new bugfix for 1.4.6 and a port to 1.5." ~ Elo's Twitter

• By OP I was mainly thinking frame machines.

Then uninstall OP EnderStorage and ban Item Tesseract for now, or suggest KingLemming to nerf it as of RP2 Batteries.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• How exactly can you compare item teleportation via tesseracts/ender storage (never used it myself)/mystcraft/turtles/teleport pipes/... with frames?

• Yes I know that 1.5.1 is better, but still not all mods on my server upgraded to this version ... I try to find a 2.9g. Thanks for the help
    UPD:
    if 2.9h have a serious bug, why it is posted in the first message as a stable build for 1.4.6?

The post was edited 2 times, last by FFID ().

• By OP I was mainly thinking frame machines.

Yeah, those are kinda op, but try making a large scale Frame bore Legit. a 10x10 one costs over 400 iron :P

• I have suggested something similar some posts above.

It is 5 milibuckets of steam for 1 MJ (2 mB for 1 EU) . I'm sure about this as i've tested it.

Doesn't a 36HP steam boiler output 720 buckets of steam per tick? I know I'm not getting It certainly can't be 720 millibuckets, because then a single waterproof pipe would be ample to carry all of the steam. I know I'm not getting 144,000 MJ/t out of my boilers too. 5 mB of steam is nothing.

I wish steam worked on the mB scale like that, it would be practical to store it in iron tanks and the piping would be a lot less complicated.

• How exactly can you compare item teleportation via tesseracts/ender storage (never used it myself)/mystcraft/turtles/... with frames?

Assuming you're thinking of Frame Tunnel Bore Machines, then I can't grant you they're quite harder to do without Item teleportation. Just because the whole thing is MOVING, and because if you realy want an OP one, then you need to make it working at from layer 2 to 12 and more. And if you do so, you can power these with Thermal thingies, which means long break for short mining periods, or you make it put Tubes just behind it (which is a bit expensive, more complicated and even harder to hind in PvP ^^). OR, you can make one mining from 2 to 70/80, assuming you're lucky so you won't get Extreme Hill Biomes on the way. See now ?

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I guess none of you have seen the mining well based "quarry". Those are cheap as hell, use tiny fraction of resoures/power and are several orders of magnitude faster than anything else. A simple 16 blocks wide one costs just a couple of stacks of ores when macerated. Just make your flying thing at around height 130 and it'll clear out anything to bedrock in under 20 seconds. No worry about anything getting in the way or how to power the frame motors. For item teleportation there are at least 10 or more big-name mods/mod addons availiable.

If you don't care about cobble/dirt/sand then throwing a bunch of chests on the thing and having it stop running when they are full you can mine a metric fuckton of stuff quite fast with one of those without needing any kind of teleportation system.

36-block HP boiler indeed puts out 720 millibuckets of steam per tick or 14.4 buckets of it per second. Storing it in tanks is kind of viable as a buffer as well, you'll just need BIG ones to be of any use. I personally use 3x 12^3 xycraft tanks for my two 36x LP boilers (HP ones are a waste of fuel/resources at any size vs LP ones)

The post was edited 2 times, last by hoho ().

• Don't know if it still spawns. Didnt check all the repaired Worldgen Code for 1.5.1. And beware, when I'm implementing more intelligent Mobs then you are royally screwed. Imagine Creepers intentionally blowing up Bases, Skeletons and Zombies grouping up in Armies with Endermen and attacking you when you don't even have Iron Armor!

Kind of interested in what your ideas are. Will this be radically different from monster apocalypse and coros AI? Will mobs finally be able to use weapons or build things to hamper your progress? Is gregtech going to make MC into a first-person perspective RTS where you struggle against mob armies attempting to control land and resources? Will you add some objective in regards to warding off monsters (example: destroy spawning vats located in mob fortress to prevent monster encroachment on a region) or will mobs continue to spawn endlessly from thin air?

Also have a question on how your mod handles changes to quantum armor: would it somehow stop the MCPC's build of IC2 from changing how much damage quant can absorb? There is a config setting added by the MCPC team that lets one configure the amount of energy spent on blocking damage. No matter what I configure this to the armor still absorbs 2800 damage. Is there anyway you could add such a config? Turning off chest invincibility is a great feature but just is not enough.

• Be grateful she at least made the mod. How would you like the mod to not even exist?

Redpower has some amazing non-OP things, like Windmills, Frames and... uhhm... okay I'm not even using it for automation anymore since it is that broken...

I needed quite some time to split all the Textures and to fix the changed WildCard-Value for Items (it's now 32767 instead of -1), I doubt Eloraam has as much freetime as I have. And then I also needed to switch all my Automation Functions over to the new and awesome vanilly ISidedInventory, not to mention all my Machines.

If Eloraam would do a bit more in the direction of crossmod compatibility and API then more people would do awesome things for Redpower. As of now we only have TubeStuff, which is basically just a hack using very basic Minecraft Code to enable Redpower compatibility without adressing Eloraams precious Code directly.

Btw. I currently work on an API for GregTech, and I made the very basic Code, which doesnt belong to specific Machines, OpenSource.

Doesn't a 36HP steam boiler output 720 buckets of steam per tick? I know I'm not getting It certainly can't be 720 millibuckets, because then a single waterproof pipe would be ample to carry all of the steam. I know I'm not getting 144,000 MJ/t out of my boilers too. 5 mB of steam is nothing.

I wish steam worked on the mB scale like that, it would be practical to store it in iron tanks and the piping would be a lot less complicated.

A Pipe can handle ONLY 80 MilliBuckets per tick... You failed massively at Math and/or aquiring Informations.

• A Pipe can handle ONLY 80 MilliBuckets per tick... You failed massively at Math and/or aquiring Informations.

Agreed. Also maximum size HP boiler produces 720 miliBuckets/t which is enough for 144 MJ/t OR 360 EU/t (lossless conversion) .

• I guess none of you have seen the mining well based "quarry". Those are cheap as hell, use tiny fraction of resoures/power and are several orders of magnitude faster than anything else. A simple 16 blocks wide one costs just a couple of stacks of ores when macerated. Just make your flying thing at around height 130 and it'll clear out anything to bedrock in under 20 seconds. No worry about anything getting in the way or how to power the frame motors. For item teleportation there are at least 10 or more big-name mods/mod addons availiable.

Play PvP ... (because without PvP, even Quarry is OP, you know ? and it's quite easier to get, any noob can do it within 5 hours of game, and power it in 7-8 hours if he/she is really stupid)
    In PvP, if you make that, then you'll be spotted 200 blocks away, even more after using it because you'll leave giant holes that'll be as many hints of your presence ... and btw, if one see your machine, it'll quickly got dismantled/TNTed/stolen :D

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!