[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• My specs:
    Intel Pentium 4 3 GHz
    2.50 GB
    Radeon X600 pro
    Windows 7 32-bit

Can anyone give me advice how to run stuff better? I thought upgrading my GPU to something like GTX 650 will help but I'm not sure.

minecraft loves cpu's, so I would say: Buy a new Motherboard (1155) w/ workstraion cpu e3 1230 v2 and graphicscard 660ti or 660 or 650

• I have an AMD Phenom II x4 @2.5 GHz with 8 GB of DDR2 400 MHz RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3200 integrated graphics, and a 7200 RPM 2 TB HDD.

In regards to that texture thing, me and Kane were analyzing it yesterday. Basically, Minecraft is uploading the entire texturesheet to the GPU every single frame. The profiler showed MC spending most of its time on glTexImage2D. Thus, doubling your texturepack resolution, quadruples the amount of time spent on uploading the texturesheet. At high texturepack resolutions this is a prohibitive cost, consuming the majority of the PCI Express Bus's bandwidth capacity.
    What's hilarious about this whole situation is that a person using a cheap AMD APU would actually get vastly more performance than a person using an AMD Radeon 7970 or an Nvidia Titan, due to the fact that glTexImage2D on an APU does nothing more than a quick memcpy.
    But yeah, Minecraft really does upload the texturesheet every frame, and Mojang has really terrible developers.

• I have an AMD Phenom II x4 @2.5 GHz with 8 GB of DDR2 400 MHz RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3200 integrated graphics, and a 7200 RPM 2 TB HDD.

In regards to that texture thing, me and Kane were analyzing it yesterday. Basically, Minecraft is uploading the entire texturesheet to the GPU every single frame. The profiler showed MC spending most of its time on glTexImage2D. Thus, doubling your texturepack resolution, quadruples the amount of time spent on uploading the texturesheet. At high texturepack resolutions this is a prohibitive cost, consuming the majority of the PCI Express Bus's bandwidth capacity.
    What's hilarious about this whole situation is that a person using a cheap AMD APU would actually get vastly more performance than a person using an AMD Radeon 7970 or an Nvidia Titan, due to the fact that glTexImage2D on an APU does nothing more than a quick memcpy.
    But yeah, Minecraft really does upload the texturesheet every frame, and Mojang has really terrible developers.

i think nobody exept notch ever looked at the rendercode, i think we should send them a complaint and weoop, next update we have 10k fps xxd

my specs:
    mobo: gigabyte 970a-ud3
    cpu: phenom 2 x4 955 be
    gpu: gtx 660ti oc edition
    hdd: samsung ssd 840 128 gig, hdd something from seagate

• specs:
    CPU: Intel Core2Duo, 2.8GHz (OC'd to 3.2GHz)
    GPU: NVidia GT240 (1GB VRAM)
    RAM: 4GB DDR2
    mobo: some Biostar MicroATX (don't remember what really)
    hdd: some seven year old 320GB Seagate
    (and a keyboard from 1995:P)
    (total PC cost: ~$500, spent over 10 years and several partial rebuilds)

My only real problem is that I can't really gun up anything because I don't have a way of cooling it, and the only Minecraft thing that gives me problems is when I'm fiddling around with Ars Magica (i think there's a memory leak somewhere; that's on a 95-mod setup), or trying to record/stream it.
    (Or trying to play MC on half of the screen, and watch a livestream on the other half of the screen)

... However, I am still playing 1.4.7, I have *NOT* updated to 1.5 yet.

• My Nvidia GeForce GT is somewhere inbetween 50 and 55 FPS what matches the first digit of my Version Number for it.

And Mojang knew that this is a Problem and planned 1.5.2, but then someone there decided to not release until 1.6...

• Now I need a little bit of help from Redstone using people who understand Java Code. I plan to make an API for my Redstone Circuit Block, but I don't know if people can aquire enough information from the environment using my Block. So I ask you, what is missing?:

• Applied Energistics, and Better Storage are good.

I love the look of Better Storage.
    Except it would only work on servers that had nothing like the Personal Safes which are a lot more powerful, the locks are just so much cooler.

• Found an exploit with Mekanism and GT :

Tin dust + 5 copper ingots = 5 bronze ingots in Mekanism metallurgic infuser.
    5 bronze ingots -> 5 bronze dusts -> centrifuge -> 7,5 copper dust and 2,5 tin dusts

Gain of 2,5 copper and 1,5 tin.

• Found an exploit with Mekanism and GT :

Tin dust + 5 copper ingots = 5 bronze ingots in Mekanism metallurgic infuser.
    5 bronze ingots -> 5 bronze dusts -> centrifuge -> 7,5 copper dust and 2,5 tin dusts

Gain of 2,5 copper and 1,5 tin.

hm i wonder if this is a problem, if people can just pump out the nether and make tin from it .D

• Mekanism Problem. I fixed the Forestry Recipe only because it was there before GregTech, but AidanCBrady knew there is a Bronze Standard.

For the Better Storages Chests: They would be very cool for RPG-Mapmakers or in NPC-Villages if they were unbreakable (Config).

Edit: Does nobody have to say something about the Interface I plan for the Redstone Circuit Block?

• Hopefully people will take a look on newest section of GregTech...
    I've posted the iron/magnesium/liquid silicon generator there.
    Should i make the raw carbon fibre "generator" (requires sugar cane as "fuel") ?

• The interfaces seem good, I don't see anything missing

But meanwhile I saw something missing. I don't wanna add a World or Coordinate Parameters, but it is definetly missing a Random Generator as parameter! Also it is missing some GUI-related Code for displaying Text and Descriptions on the GUI (which are not handled as "global" as CC does...)

Aside from that, it would even be possible to make Inventory/Tank Content Scanners using the current Interfaces.

• It doesn't say on your wiki, but what's the bauxite min/may Y generation level? It exists because I never found it below like 24. I found a ton of it near the suface, level 4x-5x.
    Does it also generate in the Forest Hills biome?

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• What are your computer configuration guys ?

Mine is actually starting to get gold. I just realized 2 year birthday was last month. But she still going pretty good I did upgrade the video card recentlyish.

2600k OC to 4.4Ghz CPU.
    Sabertooth P67 MB.
    7970 3GB Video
    16Gig of ram

And for hard drives way to many lol... At this point prob a fire hazzard but at least it's all inside my Coolermaster Haf X EATX Tower Case. And I got a 256 SSD for my OS and a couple games like MC :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.