[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• One question about the helium-3 & deuterium recipe:
    Does anyone know how many ticks one fuel round lasts (1x helium-3 & 1x deuterium) and is the maximum output the same as with deuterium & tritium?

I have build a new fusion reactor with fuel support based on deuterium & tritium.
    Because of the large amount especially of industrial centrifuges it would make sense to add something like an large industrial centrifuge that handles four times the input/output of a industrial centrifuge at four times the energy cost, maybe with 128p EU. That would ease up the design a bit.

• I was investigating the redmatter bombs i set off on cubcraft and i forgot that when there are multiple they move. Flew into my face after half an our of derping around... 3000 blocks away
    WTF BRO HAX

• It seems that your wiremill is creating gold fragments instead of fine wire, not sure why. Removing COGM fixes it

• Basically, the problem is this.
    Minecraft in 1.5.1 builds a texturesheet at runtime to contain ALL the block textures. Every time one of those animations updates it triggers an update, and an update basically calls glTexImage2D and uploads the entire damn texturesheet. This means that with a lot of textures and/or high resolution textures, there's a lot of pixel data that needs to be sent, and thus performance is absolutely crippled. The fix I wrote simply cancels the update from being triggered and instead just directly updates the texture using glTexSubImage2D.
    Oddly enough, before I wrote this fix I told Lex that this was the exact issue, and he banned me from the Forge IRC channel because he said I was wrong. So, just to prove him wrong about me being wrong, I wrote the fix.

• I have found a bug where on the server when im not around this happens to ( I think ) to all automatic machines, as the GregTech-computercube stays normal. When i try to right click at least one of them I get this error. This happens in the 290h fixed by mistaqur ( Electrolyzer fix ). This is on a server and im not sure if the same happens on SP.

Here is the picture

• Yes, it is just steel plates. And if you just have IC2 and Gregtech, you can use a large and complicated scrap system since Scrapboxes can drop sand, although not exactly "commonly". But why would you disable certain biomes? Most are needed for specific things.

Well I finally got Lapiz and therefore a macerator, but we are playing in infdev Hell map which we have discovered harbors no sand, only dirt, stone, gravel, & lava on the surface.

Also now I have another problem - I would like an Electric Wrench, but that recipe is also unavailable and I don't see a logical recipe for it involving steel. I'm really surprised these (incredibly important) recipes are not in either of the wikis and also not in the recipes .png! Can someone point me in the right direction?

• I have found a bug where on the server when im not around this happens to ( I think ) to all automatic machines, as the GregTech-computercube stays normal. When i try to right click at least one of them I get this error. This happens in the 290h fixed by mistaqur ( Electrolyzer fix ). This is on a server and im not sure if the same happens on SP.
    -snip-

That looks to me like an evolution of the old SMP (only) bug where if GT machines unload, they don't re-load right (you just see machine block textures) and if you right-click on them you get a client crash. The original fix to this was to left+click on the untextured blocks to make them update and work right again.

I thought that bug had been fixed, but maybe that happened in a different version than this (or maybe something new broke) (or maybe I'm hallucinating again).

• Has anyone had time to play with Galacticraft much? it seems to be a pretty big hit recently. I was wondering how unbalanced is it besides the fact you can easily fly to space. What about other planet resources?

GalactiCraft seems to be relatively balanced. Though it needs a gregtech nerf to disable the generation of Titanium Ore if GT is installed. Makes it less cheap to go into space. And maybe change the recipes a bit for the oxygen system.

"Being special is only good if it means you stand out above the rest. Not the kind of "special" that requires a caregiver to wipe your ass"

• "Drop the https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88825306/Mods/gregtechmod.zip into your Modsfolder after you installed IC² properly. Config is inside the GregTech-Folder. If you are unsure about your Version, look at the "mcmod.info" inside the zip, just open it with Notepad."

I cant for the life of me find the GregTech folder where the configs are stored in that download. I know where I am supposed to put them once I have them, but all that download seems to have are the files that I put into the "mod" folder.

• "Drop the https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88825306/Mods/gregtechmod.zip into your Modsfolder after you installed IC² properly. Config is inside the GregTech-Folder. If you are unsure about your Version, look at the "mcmod.info" inside the zip, just open it with Notepad."

I cant for the life of me find the GregTech folder where the configs are stored in that download. I know where I am supposed to put them once I have them, but all that download seems to have are the files that I put into the "mod" folder.

It's not in that download, after you install IC2, GT and load the game once, you will find the GregTech folder(that contain GT-config fies) in the config folder.

• Now that there is a fix for the electrolyzer GUI bug available, is there any other reason not to upgrade GT to that version? Currently I'm still playing on 282c currently. Any other bugs in the newer 1.4.7 compatible versions that I should consider?

• Now that there is a fix for the electrolyzer GUI bug available, is there any other reason not to upgrade GT to that version? Currently I'm still playing on 282c currently. Any other bugs in the newer 1.4.7 compatible versions that I should consider?

If you're using AE, it will crash when trying to interact with a GregTech quantum chest from the beta versions.

• If you're using AE, it will crash when trying to interact with a GregTech quantum chest from the beta versions.

I'm not using AE and will only consider using it when going to 1.5, so that's not going to be an issue. Thanks for the heads up though. Anyone who knows yet another bug?

• She doing nothing not why I ever been mad. It's not like I would say I'm entitled to RP. But I am to proper communication and respect. She wants people to bow down to her but spits on us. I'm glad her mod is dying and I'm sure you felt what I felt when RP came out in 1.4. Stale and old feeling. Its not the same as it was back in the day.

Finally someone else is saying what's really going on. It has been rather sickening to see her being treated as a queen all the time simply because she made a popular mod. I've said it before and I say it again, she is pretty much a female and silent version of flowerchild in terms of how childish she is.

Basically, the problem is this.
    Minecraft in 1.5.1 builds a texturesheet at runtime to contain ALL the block textures. Every time one of those animations updates it triggers an update, and an update basically calls glTexImage2D and uploads the entire damn texturesheet. This means that with a lot of textures and/or high resolution textures, there's a lot of pixel data that needs to be sent, and thus performance is absolutely crippled. The fix I wrote simply cancels the update from being triggered and instead just directly updates the texture using glTexSubImage2D.
    Oddly enough, before I wrote this fix I told Lex that this was the exact issue, and he banned me from the Forge IRC channel because he said I was wrong. So, just to prove him wrong about me being wrong, I wrote the fix.

Wouldn't a proper fix be to have all the animation frames uploaded to GPU and just switch between (sub)textures when a different animation frame is needed? Not saying you should implement it, just thinking out loud what should be done to do it The Right Way. Uploading pixel data seems like a far more expensive operation than relatively simple GL state change or even just a bit of extra math for calculating the offset in animated texture atlas.

Seriously? Any chance you could PM/link me the logs so I could see what his opinion on the bug was?