[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• @greg did you ever think about decay? you could make something like a decay chest (electric thing which accelerates nuclear decay) and then we could use it to decay tritium into 3-He and stuffs...

Tritium is radioactive so will decay on its own, sure its 13 years, but hey, in minecraft thats like 4 IRL hours (okay, 52 IRL days, but AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT!!!) It could decay like the minechem stuff, and give a much better (but slower) way to make He-3

• so will decay on its own, sure its 13 years, but hey, in minecraft thats like 4 IRL hours (okay, 52 IRL days, but AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT!!!) It could decay like the minechem stuff, and give a much better (but slower) way to make He-3

i know that tritium is radioactive, thats why i sugggested 3-he decay.,..

• i know that tritium is radioactive, thats why i sugggested 3-he decay.,..

I thought you meant like a Box that makes things Decay :P

• Hey Greg, I'm a fan of your mod. Pardon if this has been asked before, or if it's included in the latest versions, but any chance of Biomes O Plenty worldgen support? It's starting to (arguably) look nicer than ExtraBiomesXL.

• Hey Greg, I'm a fan of your mod. Pardon if this has been asked before, or if it's included in the latest versions, but any chance of Biomes O Plenty worldgen support? It's starting to (arguably) look nicer than ExtraBiomesXL.

Already added support for that.

• Talking of biomes, are you hardcoding them by names or using the various parameters like temperature, humidity etc when adding support for them?

• Talking of biomes, are you hardcoding them by names or using the various parameters like temperature, humidity etc when adding support for them?

That depends on usage. Solar Panels use the rain Value of the Biome, while World Generation goes hardcoded via biome Name.

• You clearly dont know what Nuclear Transmutation is.

Basically, assuming it has the same meaning it has in French, Nuclear Transmutation = radioactive decay, but extremly quick and almost not changing the mass of the particle transmuting. Although, some people tends to call Nuclear Transmutation every kind of Nuclear Reactions that aren't fission or fusion, i.e that the mass of the 2 *main* elements you'll get is almost te same.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• That depends on usage. Solar Panels use the rain Value of the Biome, while World Generation goes hardcoded via biome Name.

When EBXL4 stuff was added to Forge some half a year ago didn't they add enough information to completely get rid of hardcoding via names?

• Not for my World Generation. There are no such things as "Desert alike Biomes", as some deserts have rain, and some deserts dont just consist out of Sand. Its not really possible to determine a Ruby spawning Biome with those abilities.

• Basically, assuming it has the same meaning it has in French, Nuclear Transmutation = radioactive decay, but extremly quick and almost not changing the mass of the particle transmuting. Although, some people tends to call Nuclear Transmutation every kind of Nuclear Reactions that aren't fission or fusion, i.e that the mass of the 2 *main* elements you'll get is almost te same.

Nuclear Transmutation is basically turning one Element into another by Adding or Removing Neutrons electrons or Protons.

• I wonder how bad would it be to actually scan the blocks that a chunk is made of to decide what ores to spawn there during chunk generation. Most obvious problem (besides increased CPU load) would be if something adds e.g new type of sand block.

• I wonder how bad would it be to actually scan the blocks that a chunk is made of to decide what ores to spawn there during chunk generation. Most obvious problem (besides increased CPU load) would be if something adds e.g new type of sand block.

CPU load is not really being increased by scanning for Blocks, but if you replace all Blocks inside a Chunk then you will get massive Lag.

• CPU load is not really being increased by scanning for Blocks, but if you replace all Blocks inside a Chunk then you will get massive Lag.

Are you talking about replacing blocks during or after chunk creation?

• Hey there,

I've been of lately documenting the current state of GregTech in a series of videos I call "GregTech from Scratch".

You can find the playlist here: http://www.youtube.com/playlis…sODMp91p5ujrDC9FYqPDqn7u2.

In later episodes I plan to cover the fusion reactor & automation machines, as well as a few other things. Once I'm done I'm thinking about covering when the mod changes (and something new is added).

I thought this would probably the best place to put it, even thought I'm sure many of you know quite a lot already about the mod itself :).