[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• With the extra utilities mod in the new ftb beta 1.5.2 pack, you can get compressed cobble stone, but to me, it seems unbalanced. Would you consider making it so that the recipe uses the compressor instead of just crafting it.

Compressed cobblestone is so useful that you can only recycle it.
    [Also that makes me suggest greg to add that to configured blacklist]

• Don't expect any config to disable specificaly the bronze nerf and exploits.
    Thats what he says whenever you get the mod for the first time (or delete GregTech.txt when updating).

Also Tin + 3 Copper for 2 bronze is the normal IC² recipe.
    If TE recipe is Tin + 3 copper then it might have messed something or just nerfed bronze even more (but thats not needed).

The problem i'm asking about is not to enable a config for something to be "unnerfed" for the first time. im asking if him not adding the config option to disable the forestry bronze nerf recipe was an oversight, and if he will add it back in. He has had the option before and i dont care for the default ic2 recipe for bronze myself, as i play ALOT with forestry at the early game and i dont want to have to get into gregtech to make an alloy smelter to get bronze at a decent rate i consider gregtech endgame. Gregtech has always had configs for 99% of its changes either way. so telling me to not expect a config option to something he changed is rather silly, as he almost always has em :P excuse me for the missing periods and capitolization etc. im tired

• The tesseract isn't an enderchest by itself. But effectively it turns the thing next to it into an enderchest, so you can put stuff in and pull stuff out remotely.

Edit: There was supposed to be a quote in this post, but the forum ate it.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

The post was edited 1 time, last by immibis ().

• Does anyone know why the latest Forge builds do not have changelogs attached?

You could follow the GitHub commit history (github.com/MinecraftForge), it might as well be a changelog.

@Greg, I noticed a few versions ago that BiomesOPlenty red cobble doesn't seem to macerate into red cobble dust. I haven't checked recently to see if that's been included, or it might be on their end to add it as a dictionary term? I'd be quite interested to see close integration with BOP similar to EBXL, though just disregard my ramblings if it's not your problem :P I'd much rather see your machines take on liquids where liquids can be. I've become a huge fan of Liquiducts, as I'm sure almost everyone else has.

• Don't expect any config to disable specificaly the bronze nerf and exploits.
    Thats what he says whenever you get the mod for the first time (or delete GregTech.txt when updating).

Also Tin + 3 Copper for 2 bronze is the normal IC² recipe.
    If TE recipe is Tin + 3 copper then it might have messed something or just nerfed bronze even more (but thats not needed).

Where is the exploit with Forestry bronze?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Because IC2 does 1 tin + 3 copper = 2 bronze, Greg's reverse recipes for centrifuging alloy dusts into their components return 4 metal dusts out of 2 bronze dusts. Then Forestry comes along, doing 1 tin + 3 copper = 4 bronze, which when you centrifuge it would turn into 4 metal dusts, which could be turned into 8 bronze, which would yield 16 metal dusts, which could be turned into 16 bronze, and so on...

...also Greg doesn't like making bronze in the crafting grid out of bars.

In all honesty, I can agree with the latter, but not so much the former. I prefer TE's method of making alloys. Insert the ingots necessary into the induction smelter, receive the alloy ingots. 1 gold + 1 silver = 2 electrum, 2 iron + 1 nickel = 3 invar, 1 tin/zinc + 3 copper = 4 bronze/brass. It's intuitive, it makes sense, it preserves mass and it requires infrastructure to get the good stuff.

Unfortunately because IC2 long ago decided not to preserve mass, the end result is that GregTech as an IC2 addon much rather overrides every other mod, including TE (regardless of whether or not you allow recipe overloading in the TE config) to preserve that silly, illogcal state. I'd much rather see IC2 fixed in that regard. It's not like bronze breaks anything... it's good for what, making armor and tools that have minimally more durability than iron? If you have the diamonds for a macerator or pulverizer or induction smelter (yes, I play with hard mode TE recipes), then you're probably at a point where bronze is just a sidegrade anyway.

• TE's side. You can set it in the config:
    - One option to add two diamonds each to the pulverizer and the induction smelter (the ore doublers)
    - One option to make machines require Buildcraft style gears instead of ingots where applicable
    - One option to make the machine frames require steel instead of iron

There are many other options too that control how well some machines and engines work, how much loss conduits and tesseracts have, and so on.

• Which means I am "done" - there is nothing more to do or to build

Congratulations, you just achieved Creative in Survival. You know you could have just made a creative-type world from the beginning? :whistling:

Just kidding... :D Though now you can move beyond the 'Mine' portion of the game to the 'Craft' part. It's MineCraft, after all.

EDIT: Minor typo.

• Why should we do anything here? You don't want the OmniWrench working on your machines, I can respect it, that is fine.

Also, nice jab about a "wrongly implemented interface" when the fact is that it works exactly as the IC2 api allows it to. I don't reflect, it's rude.

With wrongly implemented Interfaces I mean, that even IC² Wrenches do things wrong with it. And since the Omniwrench does it a bit differently than the IC² Wrench (sometimes more Properly than the IC² Wrench), I needed to get rid of that faulty IC² Interface to fix all the Bugs caused by it at once.

If I really wanted to make the Omniwrench compatible myself, I just would set its maxdamage to 5000 and register it as Wrench using my API. Thats all I would need for that. But the Maxdamage Part would be a bit hacking into your Wrench, so if one does it then you have to do that. 5000 means you can either rotate 5000 times or dismantle 500 times with it.

What we really need would be an "IToolable" Interface in Forge (for Blocks, not TileEntities to make Logs and other 'stupid' Blocks compatible) with one Function "short applyToolOnMachine(String aToolType, EntityPlayer aPlayer, int aBlockX, int aBlockY, int aBlockZ, int aMaxDoableDamage, byte aClickedSide, boolean aSneak, float aPercentualChanceOfDoingItRight, float aX, float aY, float aZ)", which returns the damage done to the Tool, so that the Tool can damage itself with the return value (useful for electric Tools) and the Block can decide what to do with that Tool click, like for example rotating itself or dropping as a Block.

That way nobody relies on the Implementation of random Interfaces and decides in his Part of the Code what to do and doesnt "rape" other Machines, which have a slightly different implementation. Not to mention that this would prevent things like the Internal Server Error (very likely fixed already, if not then see this as Bug Report) I get, when doubleclicking with the Omniwrench to dismantle, in the first place.

I'm well aware that this interface would make your Omniwrench obsolete, as every other Wrench "becomes" an Omniwrench due to that.

• Because IC2 does 1 tin + 3 copper = 2 bronze, Greg's reverse recipes for centrifuging alloy dusts into their components return 4 metal dusts out of 2 bronze dusts. Then Forestry comes along, doing 1 tin + 3 copper = 4 bronze, which when you centrifuge it would turn into 4 metal dusts, which could be turned into 8 bronze, which would yield 16 metal dusts, which could be turned into 16 bronze, and so on...

Forestry was there before GregTech, and it was the accepted standard for bronze. Everyone used it, except people without Forestry, who didn't use bronze at all except to make a wrench because it was so useless.

Battery snot included.

• If I really wanted to make the Omniwrench compatible myself, I just would set its maxdamage to 5000 and register it as Wrench using my API. Thats all I would need for that. But the Maxdamage Part would be a bit hacking into your Wrench, so if one does it then you have to do that. 5000 means you can either rotate 5000 times or dismantle 500 times with it.

It's just a wrench, why does it have to have durability?

Battery snot included.

• Forestry was there before GregTech, and it was the accepted standard for bronze. Everyone used it, except people without Forestry, who didn't use bronze at all except to make a wrench because it was so useless.

Industrialcraft was there before Forestry. Industrialcraft already had Bronze before Forestry => Bronze has the Industrial Standard. Not to mention that you cant just "craft" Bronze Ingots.

It's just a wrench, why does it have to have durability?

Because it is a Tool after all, and Tools wear out. Also the IC Tools (which were even there before the BC Wrench) had Durability since the beginning, and the Omniwrench currently circumwents it with its BC-ish unbreakability. I dont say, that the omniwrench should break on BC operations (that would be stupid as the BC Wrench doesnt even do that), it should only do that on IC² operations at least, as it is supposed to break tools in that Case.

• Industrialcraft was there before Forestry. Industrialcraft already had Bronze before Forestry => Bronze has the Industrial Standard.

Yes, but it was rarely used.

Not to mention that you cant just "craft" Bronze Ingots.

I seem to have no problem crafting anything else.

Because it is a Tool after all, and Tools wear out. Also the IC Tools (which were even there before the BC Wrench) had Durability since the beginning, and the Omniwrench currently circumwents it with its BC-ish unbreakability. I dont say, that the omniwrench should break on BC operations (that would be stupid as the BC Wrench doesnt even do that), it should only do that on IC² operations at least, as it is supposed to break tools in that Case.

Is it unreasonable to make a wrench that lasts forever with more expensive materials? A mining drill is a pickaxe (and shovel) that lasts forever with more expensive materials (and power, which is so cheap it's hardly a factor)

Battery snot included.

• How are the various GregTech in-game guides obtained?

Battery snot included.

• Is it unreasonable to make a wrench that lasts forever with more expensive materials? A mining drill is a pickaxe (and shovel) that lasts forever with more expensive materials (and power, which is so cheap it's hardly a factor)

Diamonds aren't that expensive with GT ... and power is annoying, especially when the 8000 EU/operation become a 400 000 EU/base if you wanna change of location ... so Omniwrench make IC² wrench completly useless. And, BTW, according to what Greg said, the system he implemented will make any wrench an omni wrench, and I'd prefer using IC² one than Omniwrench.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Yes, but it was rarely used.

Rarely? I converted most of my Tin and Copper into it to use it as Iron replacement back in the days of early IC².

I seem to have no problem crafting anything else.

You need to smelt it somehow together, and a Workbench can't smelt things, even in vanilla.

Is it unreasonable to make a wrench that lasts forever with more expensive materials? A mining drill is a pickaxe (and shovel) that lasts forever with more expensive materials (and power, which is so cheap it's hardly a factor)

Solution for you: Make Omniwrench electric. And inb4 you come to me with your "more annoying is not harder" Argument, that Argument would also let a Wooden Pickaxe last forever.