[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Industrialcraft was there before Forestry. Industrialcraft already had Bronze before Forestry => Bronze has the Industrial Standard.

Why not make Forestry's recipes use only Forestry bronze (not ore-dict bronze), and keep the recipe of Forestry bronze, and remove Forestry bronze from the ore dictionary?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Why not make Forestry's recipes use only Forestry bronze (not ore-dict bronze), and keep the recipe of Forestry bronze, and remove Forestry bronze from the ore dictionary?

We could have three choices:

• Un-oredict Forestry bronze
    • Register a new item made from 2? 4? bronze as a Forestry Sturdy Casing and remove the Sturdy Casing recipe
    • Nerf forestry by not doing anything
  • I was playing FTB Ultimate 1.1.2 multiplayer and ran into a bug where I placed my assembling machine and immediately crashed out of the server. When I rejoined the machine was still in my inventory and there was a bug block (ID 702) where I had placed it previously.

• We could have three choices:

• Un-oredict Forestry bronze
    • Register a new item made from 2? 4? bronze as a Forestry Sturdy Casing and remove the Sturdy Casing recipe
    • Nerf forestry by not doing anything

1. Impossible, Immibis, you should know that this is not possible without wrecking everything.
    2. What? Thats not logical.
    3. If you say "by not doing anything" I think you mean keeping the Forestry Bronze Recipe at 1 Ingot as I won't do anything to change it back.

I was playing FTB Ultimate 1.1.2 multiplayer and ran into a bug where I placed my assembling machine and immediately crashed out of the server. When I rejoined the machine was still in my inventory and there was a bug block (ID 702) where I had placed it previously.

And how the fuck am I supposed to help you if you dont even give me a Crash Report!?!

• Uhhhm what? I did nothing in regards to these two. I dont hack into the TE Config and I also don't nerf TE Bronze Recipes. Especially not to 1 Ingot per 3Copper 1Tin.

Then why do I, and apparently other people as well, get only 1 bar out of that recipe as soon as GregTech is added to the modmix?

Honest question, by the way. I want to know why it happens so I (or you or King Lemming) can fix it. If you want me to test anything specific/provide other details, I can do that.

• Then why do I, and apparently other people as well, get only 1 bar out of that recipe as soon as GregTech is added to the modmix?

Honest question, by the way. I want to know why it happens so I (or you or King Lemming) can fix it. If you want me to test anything specific/provide other details, I can do that.

Well, I have no Idea how that could happen. I only know that I am not responsible for these changes.

• It was me who made those suggestions, although I was just extending from immibis'.

I dunno about Forestry's current balance, I've haven't used it after I quitted when I went over to 1.5 as it was OP in 1.4.7. So I'm probably just talking bullshit here.

• The addition of oil field biomes kind of screwed up the whole fuel balance even if they are super-rare. I've only cleared topmost three layers of a 1/8'th in an ocean one and have 10k buckets of oil. Then again it being flammable sort of balances it out, I guess. Too bad having a whole oilfield on fire makes the game completely unplayable, though.

It seems as oil is far more abundant in the world in general as well. I'm finding far more big oil geysers than before. It's quite rare to not have at least one oil source visible in max-zoomed out map.

• I'm probably missing something, but is there any use for all the atrocious amounts of sulfur i get from the nether (at least as of the version used by the latest ultimate 1.4.7)? I don't really need fertilizer and the other uses of that are limited by some really slow processes (saltpeter extraction for gunpowder, chemical reaction for cells), is there any intended feature i'm missing that uses stacks of sulfur? The only thing i can think that needs the sulfur is Xycraft torches, and not much else.

• The addition of oil field biomes kind of screwed up the whole fuel balance even if they are super-rare. I've only cleared topmost three layers of a 1/8'th in an ocean one and have 10k buckets of oil. Then again it being flammable sort of balances it out, I guess. Too bad having a whole oilfield on fire makes the game completely unplayable, though.

It seems as oil is far more abundant in the world in general as well. I'm finding far more big oil geysers than before. It's quite rare to not have at least one oil source visible in max-zoomed out map.

I think its mainly because nobody was bothered to pump out oil. A Little nerf to Fuel/Oil energy would be best, or make it require alot more Water (Or, Greg, here is something, Highly compressed CO2 as we are currently prototyping, as it is far more efficient), but mainly removing all those Oil spouts that arent in the Biomes, perhaps replacing them with small underground pockets of oil.

• Uhhhm what? I did nothing in regards to these two. I dont hack into the TE Config and I also don't nerf TE Bronze Recipes. Especially not to 1 Ingot per 3Copper 1Tin.

@Wrench: I needed a better System than implementing stupid Interfaces, so I made my own one. And since my System lets the Machine damage the Wrench it works only if it actually damages the Wrench.

@Flint&STEEL: Either use other burnables like Lava or get yourself a GT Blast Furnace, which doesnt require any Netherwork. Not to mention all that Steel in Dungeon Chests.

@Wrench: This is disingenuous, you need to say exactly what you mean, "I do not want unbreakable wrenches working on my machines." And that's fine. But to state that it's just how the registry happens to work and that's the only option is a farce. You're not a bad coder, don't start pretending to be one now - it would be trivial to have the machines work with both. If you actually wanted them to work, they could.

Having said that, I see no evidence of a Wrench Registry anywhere in your API.

EDIT: For reference, here's how you handle a machine reacting to a wrench properly:

Base code for all TE blocks. You're welcome. Notice that wrenchUsed is called - it's up to the tool whether or not it gets damaged. No, this doesn't work with IC2's wrench. Yes, IC2's wrench is terrible, we've been over that.

The post was edited 2 times, last by KingLemming: Code lesson. ().

• 1. Impossible, Immibis, you should know that this is not possible without wrecking everything.
    2. What? Thats not logical.
    3. If you say "by not doing anything" I think you mean keeping the Forestry Bronze Recipe at 1 Ingot as I won't do anything to change it back.

And how the fuck am I supposed to help you if you dont even give me a Crash Report!?!

1. Is it? What bad things would happen? I haven't tried it and neither have you.
    2. Yes it is, but if you don't understand it, he meant "Change the recipe for sturdy casing so it needs 4 bronze" - which doesn't affect things like biogas engines, which are the things you're most likely to spam, so not a good solution.
    3. "not doing anything" = "leaving it as it is right now"; 3 tin + 1 copper = 2 bronze, which effectively doubles the cost of Forestry recipes (relative to without GregTech) and is thus a nerf to all of Forestry (and an unconfigurable one at that - it seems you removed the option?)

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• 1. Is it? What bad things would happen? I haven't tried it and neither have you.
    2. Yes it is, but if you don't understand it, he meant "Change the recipe for sturdy casing so it needs 4 bronze" - which doesn't affect things like biogas engines, which are the things you're most likely to spam, so not a good solution.
    3. "not doing anything" = "leaving it as it is right now"; 3 tin + 1 copper = 2 bronze, which effectively doubles the cost of Forestry recipes (relative to without GregTech) and is thus a nerf to all of Forestry (and an unconfigurable one at that - it seems you removed the option?)

1. Forestry Bronze would no longer be useful for anything. Sengir uses the ore dictionary properly.
    3. >.>

• @Wrench: This is disingenuous, you need to say exactly what you mean, "I do not want unbreakable wrenches working on my machines." And that's fine. But to state that it's just how the registry happens to work and that's the only option is a farce. You're not a bad coder, don't start pretending to be one now - it would be trivial to have the machines work with both. If you actually wanted them to work, they could.

Yes, there are other Options, if you have read my "suggestion" about an IToolable Interface for Forge. But you have to admit that letting other people reimplement things is much worse than just letting the Machine decide. I would've registered the Omniwrench myself, but I didnt want to do the setMaxDamage call on your Items, and since I know you read this Thread I mentioned this here.

Having said that, I see no evidence of a Wrench Registry anywhere in your API.

You mean this inside the GregTech_API.java?

/**
    * Register a Wrench to be usable on GregTech Machines.
    * The Wrench MUST have some kind of Durability unlike certain Buildcraft Wrenches.
    */
    public static boolean registerWrench(ItemStack aTool) {
    if (aTool == null || aTool.getHasSubtypes() || (aTool.getMaxDamage() <= 0 && !GT_ModHandler.isElectricItem(aTool))) return false;
    aTool = aTool.copy(); aTool.setItemDamage(GregTech_API.ITEM_WILDCARD_DAMAGE);
    sWrenchList.add(GT_Utility.stackToInt(aTool));
    return true;
    }

I dont make extra classes just for adding a Function and a List. And since it is disallowed to include API files in general (people always break things with that), I dont need to add another Class as it keeps being binary compatible.

V3.07d:
    Fixed "Air" Block related Stuff in my Machines (checks for isAirBlock now). That is especially for the invisible Blocks Railcraft adds, but also for the Wrath Lamps and similar devices.
    Added Teleporter. It can set the exact Target Coordinates. For interdimensional Travel you need to investigate a bit more. Also Interdimensional Travel currently has Problems with Chunk loading meaning Players have to relog after being Teleported into another Dimension. If you want it to teleport Players for free (Admins for example) rightclick it with the ultimate cheat Armor and add a Lock Upgrade if you dont want others to change it.
    Fixed several other Bugs.

Edit:
    Well, your Code is almost the same as mine. At least from a Point of concept. However the Wrench itself needs an Interface of another Mod and these could break sometime. Also nobody damages Wrenches in that BC Function, I wonder why it is even there if nobody uses it. And BC Wrenches are even Stackable! Guess why I dont use the BC Interface.

• It's not because you're also affecting things like MPS which have custom handling of damage (drain power from suit). Does it even work with electric wrench? Or are you having a special case for it?

• It's not because you're also affecting things like MPS which have custom handling of damage (drain power from suit). Does it even work with electric wrench?

Yes it works with IC²-Electric Tools properly. It detects Electric Tools and uses the "ElectricItem.use" Function for that.

• Yes it works with IC²-Electric Tools properly. It detects Electric Tools and uses the "ElectricItem.use" Function for that.

Does it detect them using IElectricItem? my players are reporting it's damaging the powertool, but IElectricItem should be OK for that.

Maybe it's a different issue...