[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Sengir didn't nerf bronze, that was a rumor that got disproven by DrRed in post 15,283, a little ways up on this page.

The wiki could easily be out-of-date, so I'm not going to accept that as disproof. (I haven't verified it either, it's just a rumor to me as well)

P.S.: I really hope that lava centrifuging isn't one of the reasons that GregTech keeps the bronze recipe at half output. Lava centrifuging is an absolutely stupid mechnic and it's the first thing I disable when setting up a new game world. Seriously, how does zero-effort infinite metal even fit into a mod which aims to make things more complex...?

As Greg himself put it, GregTech is absolutely about making big factories. You spend less time mining for not-so-valuable metals, and spend more time setting up 50 centrifuges and magma crucibles and their power supply.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• A) What has Centrifuging Lava to do with Thermal Expansion? Nothing, because everyone uses Nether Lava for that.

Is this an official statement that nether lava is intended to be used with GregTech and is not considered OP in the slightest?

B) Uhhm, and what about the IC² Ores of "previously exisiting" Worlds? Copper and Tin of IC² are common enough. Dont blame me on your bad mining skills

For IC2 yes. Not for Forestry etc.

D) It indeed makes sense, but IC² owns the Bronze Standard, so bug Alblaka to change it.

In that case MineFactory owns the Steel Standard. 1 iron + 4 coal = 5 steel. Go. Add it now. And make it undisableable.

You know the Problem with Tin Buckets and Bronze? The Problem is you thinking it is even a Problem, because it was never a Problem. So unless I can hammer it into you, I can't fix it.

You can imaginarily fix the imaginary problem, by adding configs for bronze ratio and tin buckets.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Hey Greg,

I've been having some issues with the Machine Box. I applied a pneumatic and MJ capacity upgrade to it, then connected a full redstone energy cell to one of its input sides, and it filled correctly. However, it won't output at all. I connected an empty Redstone Energy Cell and a batbox to its output side, and they are not receiving any energy.

• As Greg himself put it, GregTech is absolutely about making big factories. You spend less time mining for not-so-valuable metals, and spend more time setting up 50 centrifuges and magma crucibles and their power supply.

Especially since GT machines needs CONSTANT supply, so centrifuging Lava with 50 centrifuge also mean having 250EU/t generated, or Energy Storage devices and some good timer. Not to mention that without OP mods allowing free teleportation, you'll see that Lava isn't "free", because living in the Nether is quite annoying.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• The wiki could easily be out-of-date, so I'm not going to accept that as disproof. (I haven't verified it either, it's just a rumor to me as well)

DrRed didn't use the wiki, he downloaded the latest Forestry version and laid out the recipe ingame and screenshotted it. ;)

• In that case MineFactory owns the Steel Standard. 1 iron + 4 coal = 5 steel. Go. Add it now. And make it undisableable.

DERP! That makes NO SENSE! It would be more like a Carbon-Steel alloy ^^ (or composite material, because alloy and Carbon don't go well together ... because you know, smelting point being higher than combustion point.)

You can imaginarily fix the imaginary problem, by adding configs for bronze ratio and tin buckets.

You're a funny one xD.

As for the Bronze issue, the solution to me would be ... to make Forestry Bronze and IC² one not compatible ^^. So you could say that GT Bronze (basically IC² one, but ...) is denser, or richer ? ^^

The best way would have been Forestry to add Brass and not Bronze ... and to make it with Zinc. As RP2 ...

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• immibis : The current Minefactory doesnt have that strange Steel Recipe anymore, meaning that the next large Steel adding Mod, which is Railcraft owns it.

@Netherlava: I will add a Config to disable the interdimensional part from my Tesserarct Generators, so that it wont be possible to connect Overworld and Nether that easyly (IDSU still possible, but that Device itself can be disabled as it cant do anything else).

edoreld : It's not supposed to output any MJ (and neither Steam, when it's stored as Energy using Upgrades).

• That's fine but it doesn't output EU either, which is what I want! I was just testing in case.

In this setup the redstone energy cell is providing energy to the machine box, which has a pneumatic and a RS-Energy-Cell upgrade. The machine's output is connected to a batbox, which is not receiving energy.

• Is this an official statement that nether lava is intended to be used with GregTech and is not considered OP in the slightest?

There is plenty of lava in overworld as well.

For IC2 yes. Not for Forestry etc.

What mod's worldgen are you using for copper/tin? I seem to have plenty of both quite fast with just TE ores in the world and not centrifuging lava. I also generally have a bunch of forestry machines and are yet to feel worried about the bronze recipe.

immibis, why exactly are tin buckets so important? How many buckets and when do you need that you are so desperate for them and can't spare a few pieces of iron? Just trying to understand why you fight for them like you do.

That's fine but it doesn't output EU either, which is what I want! I was just testing in case.

It outputs EU if you put EU in it. It doesn't convert from other energy sources to EU.

• You have latest IC²? Could be that thats the Problem (Adding to E-net fails somehow). I think I probably fixed it, but I'm not sure. Downgrade IC² in that case.

• immibis, why exactly are tin buckets so important? How many buckets and when do you need that you are so desperate for them and can't spare a few pieces of iron? Just trying to understand why you fight for them like you do.

I'm guessing it's not the buckets, or at least not anymore. It's what the buckets represent.

• So then, is there any point to storing MJ / Steam in a machine box, since you can't output it?

Yes, Some Covers need Energy to function (Conveyors and Valves, if Gravity is not "helping" them). They can drain MJ for that sake.

• immibis : The current Minefactory doesnt have that strange Steel Recipe anymore, meaning that the next large Steel adding Mod, which is Railcraft owns it.

Is that why you've got so many metals?

Also what does this do?

Code
    1. general {
    2. B:online=true
    3. }

@Netherlava: I will add a Config to disable the interdimensional part from my Tesserarct Generators, so that it wont be possible to connect Overworld and Nether that easyly (IDSU still possible, but that Device itself can be disabled as it cant do anything else).

Nether portals and obsidian pipes exist.
    You can add a config to prevent advanced pumps from pumping lava in the nether.

P.S. When Greg adds options for bronze ratio and tin buckets, and admits he's wrong for disabling them without a config, I'll stop adding a message like this to every post.

Battery snot included.

• Is that why you've got so many metals?

I use pretty much every logical Metal other Mods add, and sometimes I add other Metals, like Antimony recently.

Also what does this do?

Code
    1. general {
    2. B:online=true
    3. }

That is an old Config for checking if the Cape check should be executed, but since I threaded the online Cape check, its useless.

P.S. When Greg adds options for bronze ratio and tin buckets, and admits he's wrong for disabling them without a config, I'll stop adding a message like this to every post.

I already have options for the bronze ratio. Either you get 1 Bronze or 2. You have a 100% free and democratic choice between them.

And I'm right to disable Tin Buckets without Config, as I am not the origin of that exploit.

• @Netherlava: I will add a Config to disable the interdimensional part from my Tesserarct Generators, so that it wont be possible to connect Overworld and Nether that easyly (IDSU still possible, but that Device itself can be disabled as it cant do anything else).

I think your own Tesseract Generators aren't the issue, because they do consume power. And Constantly.

Nether portals and obsidian pipes exist.

Any Item allowing free teleportation is OP (at least to me), so of course you could also use Portal Gun and Mystcraft, but he assume you don't, otherwhise of course it's useless. (okay, I know you do). But Nether Portals ? I'm fine with that, since you can't AUTOMATE Lava TP with that. (Wait, RailCraft and Cart can do that ? Fuck RC. Thought you were balanced)

You can add a config to prevent advanced pumps from pumping lava in the nether.

And anyone would use BC one ...
    Btw, the issue is not pumping the Lava in the Nether, because if you really LIVE in the Nether, it's not OP assuming your life conditions aren't very cool.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• But Nether Portals ? I'm fine with that, since you can't AUTOMATE Lava TP with that. (Wait, RailCraft and Cart can do that ? Fuck RC. Thought you were balanced)

You also may to transpose lava into buckets, put buckets into chest cart, move it into overlworld, unload, transpose it back, move cart back to nether, load it, etc.

• Any Item allowing free teleportation is OP (at least to me), so of course you could also use Portal Gun and Mystcraft, but he assume you don't, otherwhise of course it's useless.

And what about vanilla enderchests with lava cells? Even with no "OP" mods installed you can have free automatic unlimited lava.