[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• This should not happen. Check ID's in your configs, and grep your ForgeModLoader log for the word "CONFLICT"

EDIT: Also enabling NEI's ID map dump feature is the most useful feature you'll ever enable. When you track down which ID's are conflicting, just move one of them to an unused area as indicated by the ID map. There's still potential to run into problems though, so don't trust it as the only thing right in this world, because in reality nothing is right in this world.

• Wow, a Java Error. The only thing which can break through a try/catch no matter what. UE Energy Support works properly, but I guess something is borked with your Java. Did you really disable UE Energy Support? In that case this Error cant even happen as BaseMetaTileEntityUE wouldn't exist.

I had my server host reinstall Java and it seems to have went away. Weirdness. And yes I triple checked your config file to make sure I turned it off.

• This should not happen. Check ID's in your configs, and grep your ForgeModLoader log for the word "CONFLICT"

EDIT: Also enabling NEI's ID map dump feature is the most useful feature you'll ever enable. When you track down which ID's are conflicting, just move one of them to an unused area as indicated by the ID map. There's still potential to run into problems though, so don't trust it as the only thing right in this world, because in reality nothing is right in this world.

Thanks for the help! Upon searching the logs, I found a few other conflicts as well.

• Too easy mode reverts all the nerfs made by Greg.
    (E.g. 3 Cu + 1 Sn in crafting table = 111 Bronze)
    (E.g. 1 Dirt = 111 UU-Matter)

As for the texture files:
    Won't it be simple to check up the names via the .lang file? That's what I always do.
    Alternatively, I believe it is possible to write a simple batch script to convert all the names to letters and vice versa.

• Won't it be simple to check up the names via the .lang file? That's what I always do.

Looked around, can't find your lang file anywhere.

Alternatively, I believe it is possible to write a simple batch script to convert all the names to letters and vice versa.

Good idea. Now comes my problem: You need two batchfiles: One to deobfuscate, one to obfuscate. Also, how can you handle files that are missing in the deobfuscated format (not yet textured files?)

• Looked around, can't find your lang file anywhere.

config/GregTech?

Now comes my problem: You need two batchfiles: One to deobfuscate, one to obfuscate.

I don't understand. How is that a problem? If you already have one of them then making something to work the other way is trivial.

Though I'd strongly suggest NOT doing it in windows batch "language". Anything is better than that, even qbasic.

Also, how can you handle files that are missing in the deobfuscated format (not yet textured files?)

You mean how to handle files that you have not yet created an alternative texture for? Why not just, you know, skip them in the script? It's trivial to see if a file exists or not.

• config/GregTech?

Oh wow, I totally missed that one. I was spitting around in the gregtechmod.zip....

I don't understand. How is that a problem? If you already have one of them then making something to work the other way is trivial.
    Though I'd strongly suggest NOT doing it in windows batch "language". Anything is better than that, even qbasic.
    You mean how to handle files that you have not yet created an alternative texture for? Why not just, you know, skip them in the script? It's trivial to see if a file exists or not.

What programming language do you recommend that is simple to pickup, skips missing files and can easily run the script in opposite mode?

Progress on the guide: Got the blocks done. GUI is self-explainatory. Items will be finished today I hope.

• Hey Greg,

When I put a maintenance hatch on the bottom side of a thermal boiler it doesn't let me access its GUI. Is this on purpose?

Is the Maintenance Hatch facing downwards? Hatch GUIs should only be accessible from the Side they are facing.

• Another question/issue,

I'm feeding a thermal boiler lava & water. It doesn't seem to be getting enough lava at a time, because rather than generating steam it's just consuming the lava and making obsidian (I'm using liquiducts to feed it lava). Could you make it so that if it has lava and water in its input hatches, it will wait until it has the right amount of lava to generate steam with both liquids? Or is there something that you are supposed to do instead that I'm missing?

I'm feeding a thermal boiler lava & water. It doesn't seem to be getting enough lava at a time, because rather than generating steam it's just consuming the lava and making obsidian (I'm using liquiducts to feed it lava). Could you make it so that if it has lava and water in its input hatches, it will wait until it has the right amount of lava to generate steam with both liquids? Or is there something that you are supposed to do instead that I'm missing?

Recommend using Tesseracts (TE or GT, doesn't really matter which) to feed it lava, because the Liquiducts may not feed fast enough. That's my thought.

The Thermal Boiler needs to heat up, but it looses Efficiency as soon as you lack Lava. The first Lava it takes has always 0% Efficiency meaning that the Boiler doesnt generate anything. And a Liquiduct is by far not enough to keep it running. Better put a Machine Box and connect multiple Liquiducts to it. Use the GregTech SensorKits for Nuclear Control to monitor the Efficiency.

V3.10a:
    Added Gears and used them in Crafting Recipes for Hatches, as these were definetly too cheap. My Gears are crafted in a different Way than BC Gears, but they are compatible in OreDict Recipes where said Gears are needed.
    Added Metal Rods (and a Recipe for Iron Bars using them), they are all properly registered as "stickXYZ", where XYZ is their Material.
    Changed my Plate Bending Recipes for Railcraft Rails to use Metal Rods instead of Plates.
    Electric Tools can now be used in Crafting Recipes, which require Tools.
    Added File, which can make Rods from Ingots, and is also used to sharpen Tools Edges.
    Added Lathe, which makes Rods more efficiently Material wise (1 Ingot = 2 Rods OR 1 ingot = 1 Rod and 2 tiny Piles of Dust).
    Added Saw, which is needed to make 4 Planks from a Log, otherwise you get just 2 Planks (that got nerfed, yes, but there is a bunch of Configs for that)
    Added Advanced Drill, and made two Chainsaws, which can be used for Crafting Planks as well.
    The old IC²-Chainsaw is craftable by doing the Crafting Recipe upside down.
    Many Vanilla things now need Tools to be created. Don't complain, I have a Config for that, and it's extra painful to toggle everything of it. :P
    Added Freezing Spray.

• Added Saw, which is needed to make 4 Planks from a Log, otherwise you get just 2 Planks (that got nerfed, yes, but there is a bunch of Configs for that)
    Many Vanilla things now need Tools to be created.

Oh the people are going to LOVE this :love:
    GregTech Intergalactical: Making your Minecraft experience more Fun and Realistic, since 2012.

edit: Also, this makes the GT/TE Sawmill a valuable investment. :D

• Oh the people are going to LOVE this :love:

Yes, they will.

Btw. Did anyone hear a famous Youtuber (who is not belonging to ForgeCraft or similar) saying the Name of another Mod Dev than me? Yes, most of these Sentences were "damn you Greg", but they mentioned me. :D

• Found these in my server log