[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I tend to go straight to the TC3 Pickaxe of the core, cause its awesome >:D
    Also, Thanks to armour being harder now, Hardened Leather from Pams is now useful :D
    Good thing that seed spawned me a Candlenut tree, some Coconut trees and some cranberries, cause thanks to hunger overhaul i have already starved to death 3 tiems xD

I've been able to establish and secure (torch) my island, with solid tree and wheat farms set up. I never did actually die from starvation or the skeletons, but I did drown twice :wacko:

• I've been able to establish and secure (torch) my island, with solid tree and wheat farms set up. I never did actually die from starvation or the skeletons, but I did drown twice :wacko:

xD Still on stone tools and i just found sapphire xD
    You want the coords?

But... erm... how are we going to get rubber ;p

• well only 1 way: find slime chunk and make some slime spawning pads.

Edit: Yes! Iron pick baby! Now i need more wood for sticks... -_-
    Edit 2: Turns out, i think there is no mainland ;p Another infi-ocean :(

• xD Still on stone tools and i just found sapphire xD
    You want the coords?

But... erm... how are we going to get rubber ;p

Yes! Iron pick baby! Now i need more wood for sticks... -_-

(assuming we're on the "GregoriusT" seed) I'm on an island at around +180,+840, about 400m S/SE of my initial spawn point. I covered the island in torches, then covered half of it in saplings and started building my furnaces and stuff on the other half. Right now, I'm busy saying "screw you" to reason, and I'm branch/strip mining out the entire interior of the island. I've burned through about 50 stone picks (I have 4 stacks of logs, 10 stacks of cobble, and about 3 dozen trees waiting to be chopped down...), and I have fortunately found enough iron for 2 axes and 1 pickaxe. The iron pick has so far seen the most use mining Amber (because that's what I keep finding, and it blocks my mining tunnels :cursing: )

... and then I accidentally shocked myself (IRL) with a bad plug on a desk fan. 8| ow.

edit:

Edit 2: Turns out, i think there is no mainland ;p Another infi-ocean :(

I was afraid of that sort of thing, which is why I just set up shop on the first decently-sized island I could find that actually had trees on it.

edit 2: In my search for said island, I found an abandoned mine shaft in the middle of the ocean. Sapphire coords aren't going to be that useful to me for a really long time, but if you want I could tell you the general coords of this shaft I found?

• I have a request, would it be possible to have a config to allow certain enchants on your electric items.
    It is specifically for treecapitator, I have it set to only be allowed if you are using the enchant.

• Turns out that the "coconut" tree is actually dragon fruit, which is really useless and barely grows out at sea, so imma copy my inv and go to a different seed ;p

Edit: So i started on "70775035", which is two small islands but with a fair few more trees, luckily a rubber tree spawned for me xD

• My island has a Slime Chunk right on the corner of it; I'll use that for my rubber stockpiles.
    Now to make a stack of ladders and dig my way down to it... who knows, maybe I'll actually find Iron down there.
    Seriously, I've found more TE Copper than I have Iron or Coal.

• V3.10c:
    Fixed Liquid not being saved in some Machines, as the saveNBT Function got overwritten by Machine specific NBT Stuff, what caused the Liquid to not be saved.
    Added LV, MV and HV Solar Covers like the ones from Compact Solars, but these are disabled per default.

• Is there an actual config to revert all GregTech difficulty changes?

Because getting 2 planks for a log is just the tipping point, you have nerfed early game progression as well, its a game, not a full time job.

Right now the "tooeasy" config gives you 111 bronze and buckets when using tin buckets or crafting bronze with ingots. If your going to be nice enough to offer your mod without all the "balancing" features, can you at least make it real, not a joke?

Because getting 2 planks for a log is just the tipping point, you have nerfed early game progression as well, its a game, not a full time job.

Right now the "tooeasy" config gives you 111 bronze and buckets when using tin buckets or crafting bronze with ingots. If your going to be nice enough to offer your mod without all the "balancing" features, can you at least make it real, not a joke?

Well you could at least read his posts before asking, he said there is a config for it.
    Don't like it - don't play, it's not like some1 force you to play wgt :)

• I know, but the config also does the stupid thing of giving 111 bronze and buckets.

I like the mods original content, just not the balance fixes that Greg has made. I even liked the mod enough at one point that I donated, I am just slowly getting annoyed at the balancing that Greg does because it seems to make MineCraft realistic. MineCraft is not a realistic game, it never will be, and its turning my once fun MineCraft world into a chore simply because I want features like the Industrial Grinder and Rockcutter.

• I know, but the config also does the stupid thing of giving 111 bronze and buckets.

I like the mods original content, just not the balance fixes that Greg has made. I even liked the mod enough at one point that I donated, I am just slowly getting annoyed at the balancing that Greg does because it seems to make MineCraft realistic. MineCraft is not a realistic game, it never will be, and its turning my once fun MineCraft world into a chore simply because I want features like the Industrial Grinder and Rockcutter.

I totally agree!
    Since the greg tech config got pretty complex now would it be possible to add easy to understand global flags like
    VanillaMinecraftRecipes = true
    VanillaIC2Recipes = true

Currently I'm searching for how to disable new hopper and bucket recipes and cannot find them.
    I'm already late game so in principal I don't care about more expensive early game stuff :p but I'm annoyed that I always have to change my applied energistics recipes ;)

lol @ full time job..

• The point isn't to make it 100% realistic. The point is to make it more fun. If you don't find it fun, don't bother installing it. It's not a mod for you if you're not finding it fun. It's a mod for us, the people who do find it fun.

So strap on your big boy panties and deal :)

GregTech.cfg wrote:

general {
    B:WoodNeedsSawForCrafting=true (->false)
    B:smallerStoneToolDurability=true (->false)
    B:smallerWoodToolDurability=true (->false)
    }

DynamicConfig.cfg wrote:

platesneededforarmormadeof {
    platesneededformiscmadeof {
    platesneededfortoolsmadeof {

Have not yet located the config entry specifically for the use of hammers/files in tool recipes.

Don't like it - don't play, it's not like some1 force you to play wgt :)

That's just kind of a dick way of treating DZCreeper, and the issue at hand. This is where the config files come into play - there's a metric ton and a half of things we like and we want to have that are unique to GregTech, but there's a few things that some people may not want to have, and may want to cut out via the config. If you're going to simply take the "love it or leave it" point of view, especially with that tone, then you don't even deserve the respect I'm giving you by writing this.

• Since people were complaining about the "Defaut" Config here is why I make the default "Hard Mode" (It's not even Hard Mode, it's Normal Mode):
    1. Nobody would even know that there is a "Hard Mode" and continue using the "Easy Mode". See Forestry or Thermal Expansion, which both have easy Mode per Default and everyone complains about them being too easy, without even trying the Hard Mode.
    2. If a Server Operator decides to switch all Configs to Hard Mode, then all people will hate said Server Operator, but when I make that Mode per Default and the Server Operator leaves it like that, then people will hate me instead, and since I don't care about being hated, it's a fair deal.
    3. The "Hard Mode" just modifies the Tech Tree in a more realistic fashion. And realism is always default, even in the unrealistic Minecraft.

• That's just kind of a dick way of treating DZCreeper, and the issue at hand.

Well he didn't read Gregs post (it states that all recent changes have config options) and didn't look at the config first. If he asked for help to locate setting in config the answer would be diffirent.

• Well he didn't read Gregs post (it states that all recent changes have config options) and didn't look at the config first. If he asked for help to locate setting in config the answer would be diffirent.

There's 9001 people out there that don't fully read the posts or config files, that's nothing new to me (or anyone on this thread). However, two things: 1, these configs are actually rather numerous, a little more spread out, and less obvious than others, and 2, one of the very few things that actually pisses me off is people who respond to questions with condescension, such as your "it's not like some1 force you to play wgt :)" comment.