[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Since people were complaining about the "Defaut" Config here is why I make the default "Hard Mode" (It's not even Hard Mode, it's Normal Mode):
    1. Nobody would even know that there is a "Hard Mode" and continue using the "Easy Mode". See Forestry or Thermal Expansion, which both have easy Mode per Default and everyone complains about them being too easy, without even trying the Hard Mode.
    2. If a Server Operator decides to switch all Configs to Hard Mode, then all people will hate said Server Operator, but when I make that Mode per Default and the Server Operator leaves it like that, then people will hate me instead, and since I don't care about being hated, it's a fair deal.
    3. The "Hard Mode" just modifies the Tech Tree in a more realistic fashion. And realism is always default, even in the unrealistic Minecraft.

I would like to mention that in real life, well made wrenches, screw-drivers, hammers, don't break... unless Steve, a guy who can make fusion reactors, is an idiot with his tools...... but ANYWAY......

I dunno if this is fixed or just not a bug, but the Universal Macerator does not let items stack inside the machine. I.E. grind some ore and you cannot grind the next one until the results are removed from the machine even if they are the same.. This was not seen in the past 4 pages.

• Hi.
    I've been having issues with the new electric saws and AE automation.

I set up some recipes for planks using the Advanced Saw, and when their energy is fully drained I seem to be unable to withdraw them from the terminal, either by hand, by export bus, or by passing the containing drive through an IO port. Not sure if this is something to do with the way the name changes when it's empty or what - it only seems to occur when it's depleted by an assembly table craft. I'll check with the other tools like the wrench to see if it happens to those too.

Sounds like the AE system thinks the Advanced Saw is broken, but since its electric it cant actually break, so the AE system says its broken but it still shows up... That's just my idea on what is happening though, my recommendation would be to set up an Industrial sawmill, or if you have Thermal Expansion you can use its sawmill, and an ME Interface so you can request planks to be crafted. You can also use the electric crafting table and an ME interface to craft planks using the chainsaw.

• Sounds like the AE system thinks the Advanced Saw is broken, but since its electric it cant actually break, so the AE system says its broken but it still shows up... That's just my idea on what is happening though, my recommendation would be to set up an Industrial sawmill, or if you have Thermal Expansion you can use its sawmill, and an ME Interface so you can request planks to be crafted

A good idea, though it doesn't solve the underlying issue - that wrench staying at half energy screams broken... though the problem really lies with AE, I think gregtech is the only mod that uses electric tools in this way in crafting, so I figured I'd best report it here too.

• A good idea, though it doesn't solve the underlying issue - that wrench staying at half energy screams broken... though the problem really lies with AE, I think gregtech is the only mod that uses electric tools in this way in crafting, so I figured I'd best report it here too.

Yeah, just edited my last message, I would say to just use an me interface connected to an electric crafting table for what you want to craft, uses a bit more space but it seems like one of the only good solutions to this problem.

Edit: I just tested in a creative world and the electric auto-crafting table seems to only craft the planks once, then the saw looses durability and changes its id so you have to manually reset the saw its trying to use for every craft.

• I would like to mention that in real life, well made wrenches, screw-drivers, hammers, don't break... unless Steve, a guy who can make fusion reactors, is an idiot with his tools...... but ANYWAY......

I dunno if this is fixed or just not a bug, but the Universal Macerator does not let items stack inside the machine. I.E. grind some ore and you cannot grind the next one until the results are removed from the machine even if they are the same.. This was not seen in the past 4 pages.

Everything eventually does wear out of constant usage, MC tools are not an exception. I bet steve uses MUCH more his tools than we actually do IRL, try setting an entire factory IRL with only one set of tools and guess what happens to them.

It is not a bug, the universal macerator DOES require empty slots to work as it has recipes with two outputs, don't ask me why it is like that.

• So, we have all this semi-realism, but the lathe is 1 m^3? Can I request a multiblock lathe? Perhaps a vertical mill as well? Then maybe a 5-axis as the advanced version? That would be excellent. I want to have a full machine shop in my minecraft world.

• Whenever I get around 500 or so centrifuges and electrolyzers, and maybe 3 or 4 fusion reactors in multiplayer, I get a huge fps drop from the centrifuges and electrolyzer's animations. Is there a config for turning off these animations to stop the death by client lag? I'm just using gtech as it's intended, huge factories all in lieu of manual labor.
    Using 152wgt, 0.6. SMP.

• Has someone a few ideas for liquid challenges? I got only 11 :/

If you have the mods, liquid XP and/or mob essence and liuid DNA.

There is also mod for liquid UU :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by hoho ().

• Once you get a thousand or so, the rest is just waiting. I would say, get 1k of plasma, then get enough power to use a GT Teleporter that transports you to the farlands xD (how much energy would that need? A trillion EU)

Yes, visit lonely old me. Teleport so far that you go back in time to 1.7.2. Don't fool around with those fake chunks. They are just plain and boring. The real end comes when your save corrupts. The best way to end a game.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Found a bug, the recipe for the steam upgrade in the assembly machine (2 steel plates and industrial steam engine) gives the pneumatic generator upgrade instead.

That is the sort of Gamebreaking Bug I wanted to hear before updating to 1.6. Thank you.

It is not a bug, the universal macerator DOES require empty slots to work as it has recipes with two outputs, don't ask me why it is like that.

It is like that, because the Railcraft Rock Crusher, whichs Recipes are compatible, can have random Outputs and these Outputs cant be predicted. I could predict it with regular Pulverizer recipes, but the Rock Crusher is the Main Reason for it to not work, when having anything in the Output.

Sounds like the AE system thinks the Advanced Saw is broken, but since its electric it cant actually break, so the AE system says its broken but it still shows up... That's just my idea on what is happening though, my recommendation would be to set up an Industrial sawmill, or if you have Thermal Expansion you can use its sawmill, and an ME Interface so you can request planks to be crafted. You can also use the electric crafting table and an ME interface to craft planks using the chainsaw.

The Advanced Saw changes its ID when being empty, like every Tool, which got drained. Since I know that some Autocrafting Mechanisms have Problems with Container Items, I added Assembling Machine Recipes for the most important Recipes, which are in most cases even cheaper.

Is there a config for turning off these animations to stop the death by client lag?

Try switching Animated Textures OFF via Optifine.

• Greg, you became more popular at FTB forums w 3.10. 10+ раges in less than a day :)

I don't think the people on the FTB forums have ever heard of a config file. I for one actually like the recent changes Greg has made.

• I don't think the people on the FTB forums have ever heard of a config file. I for one actually like the recent changes Greg has made.

They just want to complain for the sake of complaining.

Obviously, the mod has evolved into a game they no longer wish to play, yet they still hold a deep hatred towards it whether they'll play it or not. It's as simple as:

Code
    1. cd ~/.minecraft/mods/
    2. rm gregtechmod.zip

If they want to play on a server, all they have to do is find one that doesn't have GregTech, or an Easy Mode server where some server owner changed configs to appeal to the whiny fucks that only want creative mode, but don't have the courage to demand it.

Eventually I suspect we'll see an ImmibisTech that appeases these people that really should just switch to Creative if all they want to do is play with cool machines for free.

• I respect people who either play GT and enjoy the challenge and people who play GT in Creative for the sake of innovation. I absolutely hate the people that wish their Survival was Creative.

At first I didn't like the whole Covers/Plates system because it seemed tacky but now it just fits and makes sense.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DrRed ().

• Good news for people that don't quite hate quarries. Quarry plus added a few new config options!

If it now also added the ability to turn on/off enchants THAT would be nice. I'll see if it would be possible to make the machine use MORE power with efficiency and still be faster. That would be really really nice imho.

___
    As for GT bugreporting, I'll be starting a fresh world tonight but won't be able to play for more than a couple of hours. If I do see anything funky I'll report but you'll probably have the last 1.5 version out by then.

[edit]
    <1 coefficent for efficiency seems to be working in increasing power usage for the QuarryPlus. Though I think the machine is capped at 100MJ/t at the moment :(

[edit2]
    No, wait. I can't tune efficiency to use more power per-block. Testing in normal world instead of superflat is hard :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by hoho ().