[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Hacking. Hacking. Hacking.

Please stop talking.

If rewriting recipe changes is hacking, Greg is the master of them all.

This, really. Smeg advertises as an ICC2 add-on but he sticks his chode into other mods, and even vanilla. I doubt he has permission to edit BC recipes.

• Hacking. Hacking. Hacking.

Please stop talking.

If rewriting recipe changes is hacking, Greg is the master of them all.

All recipe changes that Greg made (which are not exploits) are all configurable and can be turned off, go ahead and turn your creative-survival mode back on and live happy with CreativeTech.

There is only 3 mod recipes that got changed, with one being an indirect buff (UE), these all can be turned off, except for Forestry bronze hand crafting.
    [Forestry bronze amount can be modified using forestry and GT configs together]
    There are some vanilla recipes that got changed, all can be turned off, including the wood one that started all this pointless war.
    There are IC² recipes that got changed, all can be turned off, if you like CreativeIndustrialCraft².

• You better stop talking , he didnt simply changed the recipe otherwise it would have been overwritten by the nerf of Greg. He hacked the recipe in after the game starts , so it isnt affected by gregs scan, which takes place at the latest possible moment

Maybe Greg isn't as good a coder as you think? Maybe his detection algorithm has flaws?

• So because It happens after Gregs "fix", takes place he's a hacker? No, not at all. Greg changing recipes, and functions of other mods means he's not a hacker. Someone changes Gregtech's functionality, he's a hacker. That's ass backward logic, and doesn't add up.

[Addon][IC² 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity!

That's an interesting instance of someone calling Greg out on changing recipes in a mod that's not his own. So greg changes these recipies to better suit his machines, his mods, his vision correct? I believe the change that was made to TC for the wood, well that fits mDiyo's vision. Let's not get hypocritical here, but I'll spell it out for you cause your really blind to anything that isn't spoonfed to you. Just because someone does the same thing that Greg does to balance out their mod, or their vision doesn't make them a bad person okay? Just because someone see's Greg do something and thinks its a good idea doesn't make them a bad person. It just makes Greg a bad influence.

• Maybe Greg isn't as good a coder as you think? Maybe his detection algorithm has flaws?

You do realize that its not a detection for Greg's wood nerf, it is a recipie added in at the latest possible moment, so from what I've heard mDiyo is adding in the un-nerf after the game starts, but either way all of this is stupid as the wood nerf can be toggled from Greg's side

• You do realize that its not a detection for Greg's wood nerf, it is a recipie added in at the latest possible moment, so from what I've heard mDiyo is adding in the un-nerf after the game starts, but either way all of this is stupid as the wood nerf can be toggled from Greg's side

Please explain how recipes can be modified after the game has started. And I don't mean "NEI not showing correct recipes when configs don't line up in SMP".

• B-b-but configs. Please, it's the act of putting your paws in someone elses shit and changing it, and getting pissed when someone else does the same thing back to you. So you decide to shit on my porch, and you get pissed because I did it back? But don't worry, you got a hose (configs) to wash it off so you don't have to touch it.

• Please explain how recipes can be modified after the game has started. And I don't mean "NEI not showing correct recipes when configs don't line up in SMP".

There is code that allows that, i'm not a modder to explain this.

B-b-but configs. Please, it's the act of putting your paws in someone elses shit and changing it, and getting pissed when someone else does the same thing back to you. So you decide to shit on my porch, and you get pissed because I did it back? But don't worry, you got a hose (configs) to wash it off so you don't have to touch it.

mDiyo could have been more friendly and instead of force-disabling the wood nerf, displaying a message in the start of the game :
    "Tinkers Construct has a high wood dependancy on early, disabling GregTech wood changes is advised"

This would make whoever likes TC more than GT, disable that nerf, everyone is happy and no one gets harmed, however this was not his behavior.
    Me, for example, who likes GT more over TC, would NOT disable that nerf, since i can happily live with that nerf, even if TC has a high wood requirement.

• B-b-but configs. Please, it's the act of putting your paws in someone elses shit and changing it, and getting pissed when someone else does the same thing back to you. So you decide to shit on my porch, and you get pissed because I did it back? But don't worry, you got a hose (configs) to wash it off so you don't have to touch it.

B-but muh balance! Might as well play creative!

• There is code that allows that, i'm not a modder to explain this.

Then again, perhaps Greg's detection algorithms are a bit sloppy and won't pick up on the nerf. Because if what's been said is true, and his recipe checker runs after everything else, then it could just be that mDiyo's found a bug in the algorithm that gets his change through.

• Hello there ;)

Can I post a Bug question here ?

If yes :

Does Gregtech have a problem with BukkitForge ?

Because I'm mounting a new modpack server with MC 1.5.2 with FORGE build 738 and BukkitForge build 301. And together it's not possible : Server crash when BukkitForge is loading.

WITHOUT Gregtech and WITH BukkitForge is OK.

WITHOUT BukkitForge and WITH GregTech is OK.

Please don't tell me there is no way !

THe Plugins Bukkit's are very useful for administrativ task.

Thaks by advance

Galbar.

Edit : Ha yes ! I forgot my server with : MC 1.4.7 + FTB Ultimate + BukkitForge + Plugins = OK

• Record high 132 viewers?

SpwnX is Deputy Greg, please refer all questions to his majesty.

• With the number of users online and the tension already rising, I'm expecting another 8 pages by morning. Please prove me wrong. (Less, just in case you thought 9 pages of arguing and insults is nice to read in the morning)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• So, a truce is agreed upon, Greg would remove his crash-code after mDiyo would removed his. ...and then mDiyo goes back on this. Most of the hatred being shown because of this whole affair is based upon people's general distaste of GregTech (despite it being the choice of server owners to run it on their respective servers, etc. and how it's configured etc., not Greg's.), rather than this back-and-forth escalation between Greg and mDiyo.

Is this backing out of the truce to capitalise on this hatred to gain popularity? I don't agree that a client crash is the best method to combat mDiyo's methods by far, but to back out of a truce THEN act as if it is a wholly one-sided thing, Greg being evil, is absolutely backhanded.

• Unfortunately i can't help you with this, but you can try updating forge and bukkitforge. GregTech tries to keep as much downwards compatible as possible (forge and MC versions), but he may be using an updated version which is not compatible with bukkitforge. These are random toughts, not that they are right.

With the number of users online and the tension already rising, I'm expecting another 8 pages by morning. Please prove me wrong. (Less, just in case you thought 9 pages of arguing and insults is nice to read in the morning)

I can expect more 10 pages here on the next day and about 30 on the ftb forum.
    It is really fun to read all the hate towards greg. The issue was fixed some hours ago, i simply don't know WHY mDiyo decided to go back on his decision of "peace" with Greg.
    Maybe because this will make TC have some kind of popularity on the FTB, as their community already hates Greg for many reasons and will take any side that is agaisnt it for whatever reason?

• So, a truce is agreed upon, Greg will remove his crash-code after mDiyo has removed his. ...and mDiyo goes back on this. Most of the hatred being shown because of this whole affair is based upon people's general distaste of GregTech (despite it being the choice of server owners to run it on their respective servers, etc. and how it's configured etc., not Greg's.), rather than this back-and-forth escalation between Greg and mDiyo.

Is this backing out of the truce to capitalise on this hatred to gain popularity? I don't agree that a client crash is the best method to combat mDiyo's methods by far, but to back out of a truce THEN act as if it is a wholly one-sided thing, Greg being evil, is absolutely backhanded.

No. mDiyo made it configable, and told Greg to leave it alone and let the user decide. Quit trying to make a 3rd night of chaos.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• No. mDiyo made it configable, and told Greg to leave it alone and let the user decide. Quit trying to make a 3rd night of chaos.

Pointless, redundant and conflicting config towards Greg's.
    Pointless and redundant as Greg already offered the config to turn off the wood nerf since it had been added.
    Conflicting as TC may have the anti-nerf ON, and GT with the config to nerf ON. This may make TC win the overriding thingy, but it is not a cool thing.

Why someone would bother to turn the anti-nerf ON at TC config, if one can do the same, but by turning OFF the nerf at GT config?

• No. mDiyo made it configable, and told Greg to leave it alone and let the user decide. Quit trying to make a 3rd night of chaos.

Right, the problem was that mDiyo's original change made it so that the user Couldn't decide. That's all Greg wanted in the first place.