[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Although, I do agree that he should have added a config to alter the centrifuge recipe for whatever bronze standard you prefer.

Note here however, that such a config used to exist, and you will find that it works in 3.06b (available from FTB download). I have no idea exactly when it was removed. As I recall, the centrifuge also adapted to that config setting so no "exploit" was even possible until it was removed.

• Is the anti-wood nerf enabled by default?
    I think Greg has to rework the config, with commented parts, as i've suggested earlier.
    I would make a config text file, if it helps in any way.

• Hate to be the herald of bad news but mDiyo has gone back on his word he said he would add a config option in regards to the wood nerf but in his latest version 1.4.1.4 there is a config option but it has no effect I still get 4 planks from 1 log no matter the setting (and yes I have checked Gregtech configs and it is enabled there as well). I would go mention this in his IRC channel but I am too afraid that I will chased off with pitchforks and torches.

Checked the source code on Github, nothing of the sort seems to be there aside from it checking for the config option being toggled on or off.

• Is the anti-wood nerf enabled by default?
    I think Greg has to rework the config, with commented parts, as i've suggested earlier.
    I would make a config text file, if it helps in any way.

Agreed, a lot less people would be coming here or the ftb forums complaining about gregtech's difficulty if they new exactly what the configs did, even though most of them are self explanatory.

• Agreed, a lot less people would be coming here or the ftb forums complaining about gregtech's difficulty if they new exactly what the configs did, even though most of them are self explanatory.

A config manual called "GregTech for dummies" would be fun to see.

• Don't just talk about it - do it!

I would , however i am sure that i may get stuck when it comes the part of machine time/energy setting, as Greg uses "GT-itemnumber" way, instead of "GT-itemactualnameofitem".
    like these on assembling :

How i am supposed to know what number is?
    Well, i can get the recipe from in-game, but that may take some time and effort, that i'm not willing to do for today, maybe tomorrow.

Edit : Doublepostingbecauseican!

• geGreg = config.get("Difficulty Changes", "Remove Vanilla GregTech Nerfs", true).getBoolean(true);

That config option appears to be properly documentated for what it does and the setting is respected in the code.

Were it a GregTech config it would have been setting "foobarspankingmoneky" be an integer, and only when the setting is 33843 would it actually turn off.

• Grabs popcorn and beer and gets comfy watching the gregtech fanboys battle it out ....So entertaining LOL

*Side note dun like a mod dun use it pretty simple hey!!!

HAve a peachy day peeps :) :)

• and only when the setting is 33843 would it actually turn off.

All numerical values in GregTech config files are either energy values (and noted as such) or are time values, measured in ticks (because Minecraft runs in ticks, so any other time values would be meaningless). All other values are either 'True' or 'False', as they would be in any other config file out there.
    If it's really that hard to figure out what lines in the config file mean: if English is not a language you're good with, I can understand your problem, but otherwise the only two lines in the config file that don't tell you exactly what they do are "unsuspiciousHungerConfig" and "namefix". As for why the DynamicConfig file is so large, that's to allow you to completely customize, a.k.a. config the hell out of, the interactions between different materials and GT machinery. It's even clearly broken up into sections.
    And if you can't figure out what a line in a GT config file means, ask one of us on this thread. There's at least a dozen people here in addition to Greg himself who can tell you what a line in the config means (either because it's that simple or because we were around to see it added), and if you can't figure out how to config a particular setting, ask, "Is there a config for X?" or, "How do I do X?" (Just don't say, "Hey greg you should add a config for X" because honestly it's probably already there, and therefore Greg's Rule #4 is in effect.)

As for the presence of 5 files in GregTech.cfg:
    1) BlockItemID.cfg - Take a wild freakin' guess as to what this one is for
    2) DynamicConfig.cfg - This is generated to reflect the other mods you have active, as it deals with cross-mod interaction, for example, the management of substances from Thaumcraft or Ars Magica, that GregTech has an interaction with. Also contains the various sub-functions of different machines (mostly time values for things like Alloy Smelter recipes), and the recipe overwrites
    3) GregTech.cfg - This contains the general settings that pertain to GregTech and its machinery
    4) GregTech.lang - language file
    5) Recipes.cfg - pretty much depricated, contains only the recipe ratio for Tin:Cells (which may or may not work as intended right now, because of the changes to how cells are crafted/assembled)

If you can't find what you're looking for in the file you're currently in, Ctrl+F, Ctrl+F in another file, or ask one of us on this thread. We're actually pretty reasonable people (as long as we aren't talking to people who don't spend half their time flaming us or calling us unreasonable people).

Edit: 850 pages? Wow, we hit 800 pages only 8 days ago... lol

• Well, no to be serious... Today, i discovered myself with saw in my hands..... well, some realism yeah... But using a saw for wood, and crafting stone with nothing...
    There is next suggestion, then:

Stonecutter table. Just like in pocket version.

Metalworking bench... forge in fact. Well, u know - putting ingot on the wooden workbench and hammering it gives nothing, but a lot of woodpile. I didnt even speak about u have to heat ingot up, before cooking)

Change armor recipes. There is not enough metal plates to craft armor, Greg, being the descendant of german blacksmiths, inventors of famous landskneht 3/4 footman armor you should know this) recipe should contain leather straps and iron
    rivets are required.

Sword and tool crafting changes. They are not good enough. First, you are craftin head of tool, next - putting it on the wooden handle. That is the order. To sword crafting it should be special handle, wrapped with leather straps. In that way, hammer could be made little more cheaper (4 ingots, not 6) cause 6 is too much.

Steel tools, weapons and armor. (this makes iron age little mor longer) And crafting steel is too uindustrious for now. Middle aged blacksmiths where crafting good steel without industrial furnaces - how about making steel craft able with that "forge" table, powered by coal? (I think, forge could be not a single block, but a complex, with bellows, furnace, anvil, e.t.c. It shoud produce less output of steel, then industrial furnace, but it is nessesary, cause tool craft now is very difficult and costly, but it breakes too fast... Some balance requested)

Why all the suggestions? Cause jumping stone age-metal-steam still too fast and unstable. Your "Saw" item was just a key to that ideas........ Its like to have nanites. living in your body, to operate simple tasks, like sawing wood, stone, transforming ingots into blades.... And setting the gregtech mod makes all your nanites hecking dead)))))))))

Second law of thermodynamics!

• I think in this case, Max, we need to consider the placement of the lines between the capabilities of Steve?, the capabilities of humans IRL, and the scale at which Steve? operates. (In other words, Where do we draw the line between Minecraft and reality?) What you're proposing is very much in effect in (hell, it's pretty much the point of) TerraFirmaCraft (which is on my mind this week because I've been playing A LOT of it), but may not work with Greg's vision of things. (Mostly I think it might not fit Greg's vision just because of the time he would have to spend coding these things, which he might want to spend on coding other things.) Most of GregTech exists in the Industrial and post-Industrial age, established by IndustrialCraft, and I think Greg likes it that way.

• Ok, it's a little redundant, but who cares?

How about every single person that makes modpacks? They now have to KNOW there are two separate configs for changing one thing and they need to KNOW what gets actually used.

• Say I wanted to un-nerf vanilla wood while TCon was installed. That should be in DynamicConfig, but what name would it be under?