[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Wait Greg has his own Tin/Copper generation?

Yes, Cassiterite ore and Tetrahedrite ore.
    Those are a bit rare but are generated in huge veins in certain biomes. Prospectors hammer is the way to go.

Copper and tin ores (and antimony in one of them, i just dont remember which).

• Yes, Cassiterite ore and Tetrahedrite ore.
    Those are a bit rare but are generated in huge veins in certain biomes. Prospectors hammer is the way to go.

Copper and tin ores (and antimony in one of them, i just dont remember which).

Antimony comes from Tetrahedrite ore.

Cassiterite just produces a lot of tin. 2 ingots if directly smelted, 5 dust if ground industrially.

• So is that more the hardcore style or do you guys actually enable that normal now? Or do most people just use greg/ic?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Good Idea with UHC.
    Stacksize only effects blocks. Not items.

We have not enough minerals! ~Executor

beep bop? zzzzz beee?!

• After installing Gregtech NEI causes minecraft to run out of memory even when given up to 12gb of ram. Once NEI is removed the issue is resolved but no one can play gregtech without NEI there are way to many recipes so I would like to know if anyone has a solution to my issue or what is causing it.

Versions:
    Gregtech: 1.5.2
    NEI: 1.5.2

• After installing Gregtech NEI causes minecraft to run out of memory even when given up to 12gb of ram. Once NEI is removed the issue is resolved but no one can play gregtech without NEI there are way to many recipes so I would like to know if anyone has a solution to my issue or what is causing it.

Just a stab of a guess without seeing the actual crash or error, but try adding -XX:MaxPermSize=128M to your Java parameters.

• Is it just me or is BC oil completely broken? I found an oilfield biome but it seems as if the oil on the surface is all flowing blocks + when I tried to pick either that or the "columns" up with buckets I only got water buckets. I know Forge has some problems with fluid API but I didn't know it was THAT broken

• Just a stab of a guess without seeing the actual crash or error, but try adding -XX:MaxPermSize=128M to your Java parameters.

How would it look? This is what I am using though the ram is a bit high because I was testing to see if it stop it:

java -Xmx12288M -Xms12288M -jar "Minecraft.exe"

• Greg, i think you will like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4inlUc0dFJ8

I hear you have plans for storage cells for it and monitor and etc. But yeah sending a single not actually any kind of physics and moving parts is amazing!

• ComputerCraft Update: http://www.computercraft.info/

• Added Treasure Disks: Rare Floppy Disks found only in dungeons, which contain fun programs made by the community. Find them all!
    • All turtle functions now return additional error messages when they fail.
    • Resource Packs with Lua Programs can now be edited when extracted to a folder, for easier editing.

Twilight Forest Updated if anyone still uses it:
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…-updated-to-minecraft-16/

• Is there anything else I should deactivate for "Hard Mode"?

/gamerule naturalregeneration false

Disables regeneration of Hearts when the Hunger Bar is full.

You don't actually need the bonus chest. You can just raid a village and hope for some tools.

That is how I got my first Bronze on my current World.

Is it just me or is BC oil completely broken? I found an oilfield biome but it seems as if the oil on the surface is all flowing blocks + when I tried to pick either that or the "columns" up with buckets I only got water buckets. I know Forge has some problems with fluid API but I didn't know it was THAT broken

Fluids eat up each other and even themselves. The Fluid Stuff is really that broken. I mean the Blocks, not the Stuff in the Tanks. Tanks are fine.

• This adventure mode sounds fun but I'm worried with my wide mixed of mods might end up causing me issues as if I recall adventure mode suppose to be like none block breaking maps but I know Greg has changed that at least mostly. That mean certain tools and items out there are going override or cause issues that are not in IC/GT?

• Just a stab of a guess without seeing the actual crash or error, but try adding -XX:MaxPermSize=128M to your Java parameters.

Following up on the error log this is all I get and the rest seems to be caused after the crash itself:

2013-08-04 13:22:40 [INFO] [Minecraft-Client] Stopping!
    2013-08-04 13:22:41 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Stuff After that:

• This adventure mode sounds fun but I'm worried with my wide mixed of mods might end up causing me issues as if I recall adventure mode suppose to be like none block breaking maps but I know Greg has changed that at least mostly. That mean certain tools and items out there are going override or cause issues that are not in IC/GT?

Adventure Mode was always there to limit Players to use Tools for breaking Blocks. If you dont give them Tools, then they cant break Blocks. That is a pure VANILLA Mechanic. The only things I did to it were fixing 5 Blocks to no longer be unbreakable (TNT, Hay, Beds, Silverfish Rock and Sponge), and adding the Config for enabling Adventure Mode.

• Is it just me or is BC oil completely broken? I found an oilfield biome but it seems as if the oil on the surface is all flowing blocks + when I tried to pick either that or the "columns" up with buckets I only got water buckets. I know Forge has some problems with fluid API but I didn't know it was THAT broken

The way I understand it, it has to do with the vanilla bucket only recognizing the material set as "Water"

XCompWiz was having this issue yesterday during his dev stream with his ink. I think he ended up writing a new material extending water, or denying the bucket event and replacing it with his own? I forgot already.

• Hello. When using NEI at version 1.5.2 i have such a bug as i see bad textures instead of normal textures for Gregtech and some other mods.But there is such a thing as when i firstly go to the page where they are situated , for some ms i can see normal textures . then they change to bad textures.Images attached.If it helps , here is some information about everything:

If needed , all versions of all mods and all configs may be uploaded by me.
    P.s everything was fine before i installed gregtech , also some other mods'textures are bad.

• Adventure Mode was always there to limit Players to use Tools for breaking Blocks. If you dont give them Tools, then they cant break Blocks. That is a pure VANILLA Mechanic. The only things I did to it were fixing 5 Blocks to no longer be unbreakable (TNT, Hay, Beds, Silverfish Rock and Sponge), and adding the Config for enabling Adventure Mode.

Ahh thanks, So really adventure mode for us just means no punching your way to a victory?

• Following up on the error log this is all I get and the rest seems to be caused after the crash itself:

2013-08-04 13:22:40 [INFO] [Minecraft-Client] Stopping!
    2013-08-04 13:22:41 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Just as I suspected. It's a Java thing, and should no longer be an issue once Java 8 comes at us. Increasing MaxPermSize to 128M should alleviate this as I said.

It's a flag passed to Java itself, so if you start Minecraft with the line:

/opt/java/jre/bin/java -cp /usr/share/minecraft/minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

Then just change it to

/opt/java/jre/bin/java -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -cp /usr/share/minecraft/minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

• I have this issue aswell but for me ICBM caused it, the second I installed it ever time an ICBM item is visible in the NEI with others it glitches out random other items though I don't care enough to persue a fix as I have bigger issues to fix first.