[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Anyway, I hope IC² is gonna overhaul Windmills making them much bigger, much efficient, but ... much annoying to use at a large scale, like IRL (because of the lack of spots, the randomness of the output and the annoying wiring you have to do). Just because IRL Windmills are one of the best renewable energy, but aren't scalable at all (but on Ocean, which is IRL much more expensive).

Are we getting my brick windmills too? :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Log files can easily crow massive...I mean gigabytes of text.

if you had forge log from the server it might shed some light on the issue, more specifically the beginning of the log, not part from the middle repeating that same thing over and over.

Oh and how little space is actually available to the server, sounds like 1GB or something silly like that.

• if you had forge log from the server it might shed some light on the issue, more specifically the beginning of the log, not part from the middle repeating that same thing over and over.

Nope, all of my forge logs have nothing in them.

• http://pastebin.com/X677VGks

Random Things updated to 1.6.5 to fix a issue with crafting tables, updated to the latest and getting the error you see in paste bin.

The previous version of RT worked fined with GT and removing RT from the folder allows it to startup without error.

Can you look at the pastebin and see if its RT GT or something else?

• Nice updates so far. I'm really happy with the new features.

I am playing around with the liquid pipes right now. I am using a machine box with two pump covers to transport the liquid from a BC storage tank (just for testing purposes) and then into the pipes. Works marvelous.

The machine box with pump covers pumps really fast and doesn't use up much EU. The only problem is that I can't seem to turn it off as long as it has internal storage left. The control covers don't seem to affect the pump covers.

Any ideas to create a valve for the pipes? :)

Solved: Ah... the pump covers have a mode for that. You need to set it to import 'conditional' or 'conditional inverted' and then use a control cover with a lever. Nice!

We have not enough minerals! ~Executor

beep bop? zzzzz beee?!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Three_Pounds ().

• You're right. The pump cover can also go on the pipe. Amazing! I thought pumps need power, though?!

Then the simplest valve would be a pipe with pump cover set on conditional import/export and a control cover with lever.

We have not enough minerals! ~Executor

beep bop? zzzzz beee?!

• You're right. The pump cover can also go on the pipe. Amazing! I thought pumps need power, though?!

Then the simplest valve would be a pipe with pump cover set on conditional import/export and a control cover with lever.

Pumps only use power if the machine they are connected to can accept power, in the case of pipes, and quantum tanks they do not use power

• Greg, can you at least add a config to make QTanks to retain their inventory?

Also, Greg can you make a Forge pull request to increase Adventure mode hooks(or something)

The post was edited 1 time, last by DrRed ().

• Also, Greg can you make a Forge pull request to increase Adventure mode hooks(or something)

For whatever reason Forge people seem to absolutely hate the current implementation of adventure mode. At one point they even threatened to break it entirely.

• So it seems that something isn't quite right with the new pipes. I have 2 Thermal Boilers with a constant supply of lava and water with pump modules on the output hatch moving steam through large steel pipes into one of the multiblock steam turbines. Supposedly the turbine uses 1600 liters/tick, which is well within the bounds of the large steel pipes, and should be equivalent to the output of 2 thermal boilers. However, the turbine is still stuttering even with 3 boilers. I thought it might have been an issue with intersections of pipe, but running direct lines from 2 boilers into separate input hatches had no effect.

What exactly is going on here?

• Supposedly the turbine uses 1600 liters/tick, which is well within the bounds of the large steel pipes

As Greg posted: The large Steel pipe can carry 480L per Tick so it's impossible to power turbine w 2 pipes and you probably can't use it wout tesseracts if you don't put 2 boilers adjusted to turbine w pump covers on hatches (hatch to hatch).

• As Greg posted: The large Steel pipe can carry 480L per Tick so it's impossible to power turbine w 2 pipes and you probably can't use it wout tesseracts if you don't put 2 boilers adjusted to turbine w pump covers on hatches (hatch to hatch).

Whoops, didn't catch that. For some reason I was reading the pipe tip as 9600L/tick instead of 9600L/sec.

So has anyone come up with a clever way to run one off of railcraft boilers yet? In 1.5 I just run each boiler into 2 tesseracts and slap a tesseract on the turbine, but I'm at a loss for a good 1.6 solution since it takes ~2.2 railcraft boilers to feed a single turbine. Maybe multiple pipes off of a boiler into a pump module-d machine box adjacent to the input hatch? It seems like railcraft boilers in general are going to be pretty tricky without liquiducts.

• So has anyone come up with a clever way to run one off of railcraft boilers yet?

GT tesseracts or machineblock-pipe(don't forget to power it) or 2 quantum tanks w pump modules near turbine hatches and 3 big pipes going to each from 3 boilers (2 from each boiler) that way you will have additional steam in tanks that you can use as you want.
    no other ways here.