[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• @boveabove I wouldn't, it makes lithium a valid fuel source for early game. Perhaps lowering its extraction cost too.

@bove It isn't rarer, its just that the oceans and rivers are much deeper so it is harder to get. Mangroves should be shallow for that.

• I have a question: how am I supposed to cope with steam flow issues when using thermal boilers? A Thermal Expansion liquiduct, which is to my knowledge the most powerful pipe available, can only move 100mB/t of liquid per face it is connected to. A thermal boiler has two output hatches, so that would amount to a very pretty 200mB/t, which would still would be half of its steam production of 400mB/t, though. I have tried using ender tanks and liquid tesseracts, but they don't seem to receive steam from the output hatches, even when I configure said hatches to auto-output steam. I also don't seem to be getting steam flow putting the hatches in direct contact with Railcraft tanks or even a Gregtech steam turbine, for that matter.

Is this purposedly so? Do we just have to wait till a very powerful Gregtech pipe is introduced? Or is there a workaround I haven't thought of?

• I have a question: how am I supposed to cope with steam flow issues when using thermal boilers? A Thermal Expansion liquiduct, which is to my knowledge the most powerful pipe available, can only move 100mB/t of liquid per face it is connected to. A thermal boiler has two output hatches, so that would amount to a very pretty 200mB/t, which would still would be half of its steam production of 400mB/t, though. I have tried using ender tanks and liquid tesseracts, but they don't seem to receive steam from the output hatches, even when I configure said hatches to auto-output steam. I also don't seem to be getting steam flow putting the hatches in direct contact with Railcraft tanks or even a Gregtech steam turbine, for that matter.

Is this purposedly so? Do we just have to wait till a very powerful Gregtech pipe is introduced? Or is there a workaround I haven't thought of?

One thermal boiler, given enough lava and water, can produce a whopping 800 mB/t of steam.
    A Steam turbine uses 1600 mB/t , so 2 boilers are required to run it.
    GT pump modules can move 1000 mB/t (so you can have the output hatch of the boiler directly adjacent to an input hatch of the steam turbine)

Or

You can use latest GT fluid pipes. The biggest one (large tungstensteel fluid pipe) can transport up to 960 mB/t.

• Added a bit on the Community Wiki Large Steam Turbine page, stating the 3 currently known steam transport solutions. Maybe people will ask a little less if they look there.

• For IRL Solars (Huge amount of simplification upcoming) would this math be correct?:
    1000Wh per m^2 at Equator at noon
    20% Efficiency on solar panel
    During Noon, you would get 200Wh per m^2
    200Wh m^2 x 12 (Rough day time, estimation set at noon) = 2.4kWh's per day per m^2
    365 x 2.4kWh = 876kWh per year? Could any one fully do the math with Light levels and Seasons?

• @above : Added a 4th method using TE.

For IRL Solars (Huge amount of simplification upcoming) would this math be correct?:
    1000Wh per m^2 at Equator at noon
    20% Efficiency on solar panel
    During Noon, you would get 200Wh per m^2
    200Wh m^2 x 12 (Rough day time, estimation set at noon) = 2.4kWh's per day per m^2
    365 x 2.4kWh = 876kWh per year? Could any one fully do the math with Light levels and Seasons?

1 m² produces 200 Watts of power, which is equal 5 EU/s (40J = 1 EU according to UE) = 0,25 EU/t (5/20)

IC² panels has an awesome efficiency of 80% to produce 1 EU/t :D

• Obviously solar panel manafacturers are doing something wrong lol

But seriously, Don't use Solars. The heavy metals used are shit for the environment, and all they do is make everyone else pay a little more tax so you can get a reward for using "renewables".

• One thermal boiler, given enough lava and water, can produce a whopping 800 mB/t of steam.
    A Steam turbine uses 1600 mB/t , so 2 boilers are required to run it.
    GT pump modules can move 1000 mB/t (so you can have the output hatch of the boiler directly adjacent to an input hatch of the steam turbine)

Or

You can use latest GT fluid pipes. The biggest one (large tungstensteel fluid pipe) can transport up to 960 mB/t.

Yes, 800mB/t, you're right. I'm running on a modpack with a slightly outdated version of GT (3.11), so fluid pipes are unfortunately out of reach for the moment (really good that they're coming, though!), but pump modules work perfectly fine, thank you!

So now I'm getting lots of steam to the steam turbine and that's brilliant. But, with two adjacent boilers, it still seems not to be enough as the turbine just stutters continuously, never producing any energy. Now, the Manual I can find ingame says a steam turbine requires 1666mB/t (if that changed in later revisions, I could see why), which is slightly more than two boilers can provide. But even attaching up to four maxed out liquiducts (netting an additional intake of 400mB/t of steam) there's still stuttering. Only with a third thermal boiler does the turbine run smoothly.

Am I missing something here? :S

• I'm running GT 4.0.3c, IC 158 along with other mods ([1.6.2] StoneLegion.Com Minecraft Modded Server, With GregTech and much much more!). I had this problem earlier as well with GT 4.0.3b and IC 155.

Since NEI plugins is not fully up to date, I'm not sure how to get stainless steel for the industrial centrifuge/industrial grinder. I have iron, nickel and chrome dust, but the only 2 ways I've found of getting manganese dust involve the 2 machines I can't craft because I don't have it yet.

- Red garnet dust in an industrial centrifuge
    - Tungstate ore in an industrial grinder

• SirusKing , so what you are saying is solars are only good in minecraft because taxes don't exist, and neither does the environment?

Lol, in Germany we give people Money so they can affort Solars easier.

Aren't solar panels are really indirect but still nonrenewable power since they stop working after 20 to 30 years? And the fact that they don't pay back the power required to even make them from mines to finish panels off the conveyors?

• Yes, 800mB/t, you're right. I'm running on a modpack with a slightly outdated version of GT (3.11), so fluid pipes are unfortunately out of reach for the moment (really good that they're coming, though!), but pump modules work perfectly fine, thank you!

So now I'm getting lots of steam to the steam turbine and that's brilliant. But, with two adjacent boilers, it still seems not to be enough as the turbine just stutters continuously, never producing any energy. Now, the Manual I can find ingame says a steam turbine requires 1666mB/t (if that changed in later revisions, I could see why), which is slightly more than two boilers can provide. But even attaching up to four maxed out liquiducts (netting an additional intake of 400mB/t of steam) there's still stuttering. Only with a third thermal boiler does the turbine run smoothly.

Am I missing something here? :S

Here, I had this problem myself and finally found a solution. Take a peek; I'm assuming you're using Unleashed with that version, which is what I'm on.

After a couple hours of work, I finally have made my Steam Turbine and Thermal Boiler set up function correctly! Thank you Malevolence and r00teniy for the tips. Current set up for anyone curious.