[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I couldnt get the scan out of the scanner, it says "scan complete" , shows the 6 B usage 256k EU, the pattern is not stored, why?

Wasn't Dr Red that said they had it working, was me. Once the scan completes the scanner will have an icon showing an arrow next to a chest. click that to add the pattern to the adjacent pattern storage. I still haven't figured out how to get it into the replicator though.

• Greg should start a kickstarter for a new computer, even a basic one since his current one is shit.
    Your prize for donating is to have your Suggestion -->>> Officially Denied <<<--

• Greg, why did you nerf blaze powder in macerator? [Now it gives 1/2 blaze powder ¬¬]

Well, that was an unwanted Sideeffect. I have generalized the Recipe adding a bit too much.

From now on, after speaking of any new amazing thing Greg will be adding, end with the following.

It will be Greglorious!!!

Thanks for introducing this. I had that in mind myself, but I found it too punny.

• I couldnt get the scan out of the scanner, it says "scan complete" , shows the 6 B usage 256k EU, the pattern is not stored, why?

Why would I know? I haven't said anything about Pattern Storage.

• Yeah I just realized there's no config to disabled certain strong metals from being easily obtainable in loot chests *cough cough* kinda annoying, I build a modpack based around gregtech hard mode, yet cannot disable 2 of the last "game breaking"(for this certain modpack) problems in the pack :P ah, i guess you can only config so much...

• Just got my first industrial grinder in a 1.6 world, and the potential ore yield is absurd because it yields purified crushed ore which you can then put through the new IC2 thermal centrifuge to multiply further if I'm not mistaken.

Of course, that hasn't been balanced yet.

• Greg, why does your Lapotronic energy orb store 100,000,000 even though its crafted with energy crystals, wouldn't it make more sense to craft it with lapotron crystals like before? The same goes for your Cloaking device, it stores 100,000,000 but is crafted with a lapotron crystal.

• Ran into an unusual problem. I gave up on 1.6.2 for now cause it seems to hate java. I can play 1.5.2 with a bazillion mods and not get java errors. 1.6.2 barely has mods and gives me java memory errors.

Thats besides the point. On my 1.5.2 world, Berry Plants from BoP give me energy flow circuits... Which Im guessing, obviously means there is an id conflict.. or something. I dont know exactly how one item breaking into another works. (Eg. berry bush into berry). So Im trying to find the id. But BoP doesn't have energy flow circuit ID listed. Nor does any gregtech config or IC2 config. While free energy flow circuits are nice, ... Id rather not? Anyone have any ideas for what I could do here? I had to even look up what mod energy flow circuits come from and was pointed to GT.

• Anyone here use Cal's MFFS? Wondering power usage on say a 50x50 10 high?

50x50x10 cube? Assuming no displacement or other modules,
    2.74MJ Fortron/s
    3.475 (4) Coercion Derivers @ 800kJ Fortron/s
    @5 MJ/s each =20MJ/s (= 20kW UE)
    @125 EU/s each =500EU/s

Why the hell does Cal put all of his energy values in per second, rather than per tick... this is not the real world, this is Minecraft!

After a bit more math:
    Cube mode, 50x50x10
    137kJ Fortron/tick
    3.475 (4) Coercion Derivers @ 40kJ Fortron/tick
    @.25MJ/t each =1MJ/t (= 1MJ/t UE)
    @6.25EU/t each = 25EU/t

These numbers can't be right. Those values are too low.
    Either I'm reading this wrong... or UE has the worst inter-mod energy balance I've ever seen.

• In the ore generation part of the config files, is the probability line a percentage, or a 1 in x chance of it generating?

As far as I can tell (1.6.2), the Probability line is a 1 in X chance to generate a vein of Y size in a chunk. (That would be consistent with the old 1-in-5 20% chance to find one Iridium Ore in a chunk.)

• Ran into an unusual problem. I gave up on 1.6.2 for now cause it seems to hate java. I can play 1.5.2 with a bazillion mods and not get java errors. 1.6.2 barely has mods and gives me java memory errors.

Thats besides the point. On my 1.5.2 world, Berry Plants from BoP give me energy flow circuits... Which Im guessing, obviously means there is an id conflict.. or something. I dont know exactly how one item breaking into another works. (Eg. berry bush into berry). So Im trying to find the id. But BoP doesn't have energy flow circuit ID listed. Nor does any gregtech config or IC2 config. While free energy flow circuits are nice, ... Id rather not? Anyone have any ideas for what I could do here? I had to even look up what mod energy flow circuits come from and was pointed to GT.

Go into your Minecraft directory, and open the file "ForgeModLoader-client-0.log" (Notepad will work)
    With that file open, Ctrl+F (search) for "CONFLICT". Anywhere you see that word, it means that there is an ID conflict, and something is being overwritten.

In the GT BlockItemIDs config, the id "COMPONENTS" refers to most of the random components in GregTech (Circuits, etc.) and Covers. That is the ID you're looking for. So you can change it either on the BoP end, or the GregTech end.
    The default ID in config is 21003 (in game, 21259).

Edit: Added lists to COMPONENTS and MATERIALS in the BlockItemIDs - 1.5.2 page in the Config Guide on the Community Wiki.

• Go into your Minecraft directory, and open the file "ForgeModLoader-client-0.log" (Notepad will work)
    With that file open, Ctrl+F (search) for "CONFLICT". Anywhere you see that word, it means that there is an ID conflict, and something is being overwritten.

In the GT BlockItemIDs config, the id "COMPONENTS" refers to most of the random components in GregTech (Circuits, etc.) and Covers. That is the ID you're looking for. So you can change it either on the BoP end, or the GregTech end.
    The default ID in config is 21003 (in game, 21259).

Tis the thing. I get no conflicts in my log. Which is why I didnt know this until I started breaking berry bushes. Which is why I only assumed this to be an id conflict. Though usually the game wont start with id conflicts active. So Im totally at a loss as to how a berry bush can break into a GT item. Regardless, I forgot item ids have 256 added to them which is why I couldnt find this in the configs. Lets switch ids and see what happens.

Edit: Yep. Was an id conflict. Changed it. Got berries in my inv. again. Weird how it never showed up as an error though. But thank you for the help.