[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Small question on my part but Greg does the distillation tower still extract fuel from oil type ores from Traincraft? I remember you saying something about this a year ago with an update that if you don't have buildcraft installed you can use another source to get oil/fuel from another mod.

Soulsand and Oilsand should both work.

Additional question to the above: How do I get BC Oil into cells?

Just fill a Tank and use the Cells in it? You know, all the Tanks can fill those.

Edit: Could now anyone tell me about the newer Oil and Fuel Values of BC (and please tell me the old ones for comparision)

• Is there any way to use vanilla flint and steel recipe? I have checked configs a few times so either it's not there or I'm blind.

There is "B:namefix_true=true" at file DynamicConfig.cfg , section "harderrecipes". Change it to "B:namefix_true=false" if you really want to revert that.

• Ah thanks, quite a lot of bronze needed for that ^_^

Is there any way to use vanilla flint and steel recipe? I have checked configs a few times so either it's not there or I'm blind.

Yup, 200 bronze.
    The only problem is now we need the NEI plugin to be updated for the Bronze Tier machines. Some stuff (e.g. Steel, Sturdy Grinder) get people quite mixed up over "recipe loops".

• It seems that it is no longer possible to macerate Railcrafts quarried and abyssal stone into marble and basalt dust. Is this wad?

• The Server isn't configured to use Greg's recipe changes. Your client shows the changes to be in effect, but the server thinks they aren't, and the server is what matters.
    To fix: get the GregTech config files used by the server.

I'm having the same issue. In response to this, I uploaded my clientside configs to the server and restarted it. The problem persists despite this. It wouldn't be much of an issue but it extends to an inability to being able to craft iron tool rods; even a spawned lathe cannot do it (it treats it as it does any other invalid item; moves it to the right input slot then does nothing).

Edit: further testing reveals all recipes involving vanilla metals in the machines do not work. I can still aquire plates from the hammer/2iron recipe however.

Edit2: I'm using Gregtech 4.05l and IC2 Experimental 2.0.316

Edit3 : Update GT and IC² ~SpwnX

The post was edited 3 times, last by SpwnX ().

• How much did they nerf Buildcraft Oil/Fuel?

Before Buildcraft 4.1.1: 100,000 ticks/Bucket of Fuel
    After BC 4.1.1: 25,000 ticks/Bucket of Fuel

The basic idea (2 months ago, from player and CJ) was a 75% reduction in liquid fuel burn times.

• That reminds me, I need to do an update spotlight, but I don't know how those damn filters.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Mess around on creative with them

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• That reminds me, I need to do an update spotlight, but I don't know how those damn filters.
    Anyone have any ideas?

The Filters are basically working like Redpowers Filters (to pull Items use an Import Conveyor Cover on said Side), but with 5 Input Sides, a 9 Slot Buffer (for the 9 Items so that it doesnt clutter up), an Output (that is the only thing consuming the electricity btw) and two different Versions, one being based on the 9 Items you put into the Filter Slots, and the other being based on OreDict Prefixes with a nice rotation between all Items contained in that particular Prefix List, and a "Tooltip" (I just changed the Display Name of the Item :P ) to show which prefix it is.

Most people greatly underestimate the Power of this Addon. There are many awesome things you can do with GT Automation.

Edit: Remember when I said that IDs won't be compatible with 1.7? I will entirely remove some of the more useless Machines in MC 1.7. Here are some examples of ID changes:

- The regular Translocator, because either Filter+Conveyor or just a Conveyor will do the same job. The Advanced Translocator will probably stay, unless I decide to make an advanced Buffer using Sides instead of Slot indices.
    - Both of the original Sorters, since Filters are doing that job better.
    - The Superconductor Block, but it will just get another ID.
    - I will sort the Meta-IDs of my Machines (and Meta-Items, like Dusts) depending on their main purpose.

• Considering the spatial volume of 6 blocks of plank wood and the limited usefulness of wooden doors, meh, no big deal.

Iron doors should use 6 iron plates imo.

• Found bug!
    If I use Thermal Boiler with lava (without lava fiter) - generated resource output from main block, not from output hatch. And if I use lava filter - resources does not generate.
    Version: 4.05m

• Found bug!
    If I use Thermal Boiler with lava (without lava fiter) - generated resource output from main block, not from output hatch. And if I use lava filter - resources does not generate.

Did you use a screwdriver to set the output hatch to actually output items?

• Found bug!

1. The Main Block doesnt generate any Resources at all. It doesnt even have an Inventory to put it into.
    2. The Book mentions afaik, that you have to use a Screwdriver to determine the kind of Output you wanna let go out of.

• You mean most people ragequit at the challenge of the mod, and then try to put its features down so they don't feel like they're missing out, right?

I think I've asked about it a bit back, but will the electric type sorter be getting changed to something similar, or is it just not worth the effort since it's working as intended? just read that you'll be removing them. Some spring cleaning certainly is due. What about stuff like the metal former and the wiremill and plate cutter/bender. They're not rendered useless, but there's quite a bit of redundancy amongst them.

Has anyone else experienced the type filter getting visually stuck while going through the selections? It still changes the type and works normally, but it will get stuck showing the lest icon and prefix that was working properly. I just realised that if you close the GUI and open it again you can see the type properly. So far IngotHot, cellPlasma, stoneSmooth, stoneBricks, stoneCracked, stoneChiseled, glass, item (yes, "item". That's the prefix for ic2 rubber it seems), bee (even when I manage to get it to show properly the icon is blank and it won't really filter bees), sand (only cracked sand from EBXL), wood (only ic2 rubber wood), fuel (only coal coke), brick (only peat), wire (displays only copper cable, metadata can turn it into any cable), and reed (just EBXL cattail) and problematic. They are all single entry types(kinda weird as pulp only has wood pulp in it and shows up fine) so that might have something to do with it.

The type filter works in a very smart way, but it also probably shows a bit of the nonsense that goes on in the oredict. Coal and charcoal are gems 0_o. Some of the types are too small and redundant in smaller collections of mods like mine. There's potential for even more clutter on larger ones.

I did some more testing with the bee prefix while writing this. I think it causes a dupe bug in conjuction with better storage crates. If you select the bee prefix on a type filter trying to import from a crate that already has bees in it(drone, larva or princess), it won't import the bees, but the bees will keep reappearing after you manually take them out. If you shift click them out of the crate, they get duped. If you manually pick them up and put them into your inventory, they will be ghost items with the original in the crate. This keeps hapenning even after you change the type, or remove the filter, but only for bees that were in the crate during the time the filter was on the "bee" prefix. I typed this out yet there's something telling me that it's probably a combination of the wirdness of bees and the wirdness of crates, and this isn't the right place to report it...

On a different note, anyone know what gregtech ores spawn in EBXL Extreme Jungle biomes? I can't seem to find any.

Also, the advanced drill discussion a while back got me testing out the different tools and their uses. Anyone have any idea what the soldering iron changin redstone signal outputs to high and low actually do? I just can't seem to figure it out.