[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• @ wall-o-text above: Use Forge 953, IC2 344, and latest GT. Anything more recent than 953 is not for 1.6.4.

Also, make sure you're not on page 2/1 in NEI; that's a 1.6 bug.

Forge 953 doesn't work either. That was where I was before I got tired of not having recipes and started updating everything last night. Did notice the page 2/1 bug, but that is different. Once switching back to page one, the item appears, but it still gives no recipe (if IC2 or GT machine).

According to the Forge File Server (http://files.minecraftforge.net/)

11/21/2013 02:31:00 PM

Is the most up to date version for 1.6.4. They don't start the 1.7 version until Forge 10.12.0.967. Is GT not configured for Forge versions higher than 953? Considering they've moved on to 1.7, I assumed all authors that were still doing 1.6.4 updates would compile against the latest version since it wouldn't be changing anymore.

• Bronze machines show up in NEI just not what they produce. They function the same as there electric versions.

You can find out what version of gregtech you have by opening the gregtech.zip and viewing the mcmod.info file.

This is what made me think it was an issue rather than just disabled recipes. Since I can't see any of the bronze machines and those are tier 1 GT so they pretty much have to be there. I'll check the version number when I get off work, but since I downloaded from the OP here I'm pretty sure it's the most up-to-date one available, unless there's another secret stash somewhere I don't know about.

• Post your startup log so we can see if there are errors there.

I'll get that up once I get home, but I'm pretty sure there's going to be some errors (at the very least TiC and Greg, yeah I know...), there's over 200 mods in this grouping.

• I'm pretty sure there's going to be some errors (at the very least TiC and Greg

All that happens with those two is TiC says Gregtech is detected so don't post bug reports to mDiyo.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I had an idea for a bronze age excavator, it would be a steam powered equivalent to the miner, but instead of only seeking out ores it would function similarly to the buildcraft quarry, but be a lot slower. Good idea?

Sometimes this forum moves so fast I worry my ideas might be missed, also I pretty bored and selfish right now, so I want to talk about my idea.

• All that happens with those two is TiC says Gregtech is detected so don't post bug reports to mDiyo.

Yeah that's why I added GT as the very last mod. So that if there were any issues that I'd have to go report to other authors, they couldn't ignore it with the "GregTech no support" retort.

• Sometimes this forum moves so fast I worry my ideas might be missed, also I pretty bored and selfish right now, so I want to talk about my idea.

The advanced miner already does the "functions like a buildcraft quarry but is a lot slower" part, and consumes prodigious amounts of EU. If anything, you should only get a Mining Well equivalent in the bronze age.

• How does the GT cape work? Do I have to download it separately? have MCcapes mod but no capes.

On another note:

What would you build with your first 9 Stainless Steel :?:

• How does the GT cape work? Do I have to download it separately? have MCcapes mod but no capes.

No mod, just Gregtech, and the cape should appear when Greg adds it to the list. If he has, try closing and re-opening the game.

• In the latest IC-Exp build, coalfuel and biofuel(IC) cells seem to have no use. I cannot use them in the canning machines to make fuel cans, and I can't burn them in the semifluid generator. In addition, it seems like there are no vanilla IC fuels for the semifluid, which I find rather strange.

• No mod, just Gregtech, and the cape should appear when Greg adds it to the list. If he has, try closing and re-opening the game.

Since Nov. 30th, I think I should be able to see something now, right?

• In the latest IC-Exp build, coalfuel and biofuel(IC) cells seem to have no use. I cannot use them in the canning machines to make fuel cans, and I can't burn them in the semifluid generator. In addition, it seems like there are no vanilla IC fuels for the semifluid, which I find rather strange.

In the latest IC-Exp build, coalfuel and biofuel(IC) cells seem to have no use. I cannot use them in the canning machines to make fuel cans, and I can't burn them in the semifluid generator. In addition, it seems like there are no vanilla IC fuels for the semifluid, which I find rather strange.

Coalfuel will probably become some kind of bitchumen liquid/oil and biofuel will probably become.. uh... biofuel.

• The advanced miner already does the "functions like a buildcraft quarry but is a lot slower" part, and consumes prodigious amounts of EU. If anything, you should only get a Mining Well equivalent in the bronze age.

Where can I find information on the advanced miner? I don't really know where to look for it.
    Also, I figured it would act more like a quarry because in the bronze age you don't have scanning tools so finding ores would have to be done mainly by just digging everywhere.

• Where can I find information on the advanced miner? I don't really know where to look for it.

NEI is your friend, but make sure you can craft a drill first, cause it is required, a scanner, mining pipes.

Mine is just sitting around taking space, until I can craft a drill.

• NEI is your friend, but make sure you can craft a drill first, cause it is required, a scanner, mining pipes.

Mine is just sitting around taking space, until I can craft a drill.

The Advanced Miner doesn't need anything except EU and an OD/OV scanner. It functions like a BC quarry, but only digs the blocks you tells it to dig. Blacklisting doesn't make it faster at scanning/digging, it just won't dig up the blocks you blacklist/don't whitelist.

Turn the advanced miner on with a redstone signal. OD scanner = 8 block radius, OV scanner = 16 block radius. Digs a square.

What would you build with your first 9 Stainless Steel?

Industrial Centrifuge (4), Plate Cutting Machine (4). Centrifuge is mandatory for obvious reasons. Plate cutter = Ruby Plates = Mining Laser. Without BC quarries (or equivalent) or sufficient EU generation to run an advanced miner, the mining laser is your best friend when hand-mining. The Low-Focus mode only consumes 100 EU per shot!

• Potentially, I would try without it.

No luck, even without the optifine.

Is any of the following mod probably causing it not appear?