[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• What a massive failure to brain that was...

going RF

Really? RF? I get a seperate energy network, but RF?

On that note, do TE energy conduits turn RF into MJ when connected to a GT machine with the pneumatic generator upgrade? They should, shouldn't they?

• And whats so bad about RF? I like RF more than MJ

• Unless we now have a piston module for machine boxes, do you mean using a machine box to put covers on and hide a piston behind it? Wouldn't that work like using the material block? On that point, you could use the cheaper iron frames.

Now if only we could get an aluminum recipe for that.

What do you mean by material block? You need a machine box for functional covers.

And whats so bad about RF? I like RF more than MJ

Pretty much anything is better than MJ. RF has a decent API, but mods that use RF tend to add ridiculously OP generators.

• Can't we just have EU? Really.

I just dont like EU at all. Its annoying to work with in my opinion. Nothing more. i like Ic2 overal

Edit: Today i made like 20 posts in MCF. Biggest amount i did in a month.

• I've personally quite liked the EU system since its implementation with ic2. Then again, the original ic energy system was a freaking disaster. The other energy systems later on seemed too simple. Blutricity tried to add a decent degree of realism to its energy system, but redpower...

Half the fun of setting up your cables is preventing shit from blowing up :D . I really don't like the whole lossless energy transfer trend with the only limit being max power transfered without any drawback to stuffing more energy than the system can handle. Anyways, as soon as the E-net gets done being reworked there will hopefully be fewer complaints, but I really wouldn't mind energy system as it is plus energy loss and machine explosions at all.

I tried to see if I could get pneumatic generator upgraded machines to explode when supplied with too much MJ, but I couldn't get the kinetic pipes to connect. I tried to upload some pictures, but the file came out as just a black screen for whatever reason.

Edit: I have the latest GT, but let me check my BC version.

Edit 2: Updated Buildcraft to latest version, still hapenning. Managed to get a screen.

• I still dream where we can have a global standard for energy...
    Or at least somewhat convenient converters nativelly provided by the energy mods.

An "Electrineticflux Dynamic Transformer" , which converts EU, MJ, RF, UE and Steam, using a ratio 20% lower than the lossless one. Thus, every transforming step loses 20% the energy. For steam conversion, water is required/produced, at a close rate to GT/RC boilers.
    Ratio (when starting with EU): 1 EU -> 32 J , 1 EU -> 0.32 MJ , 1 EU -> 3.2 RF , 1 EU -> 1.6 mB Steam.

• I still dream where we can have a global standard for energy...

Or just another energy type which a some mods use but others don't. Thus making the problem worse :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Or just another energy type which a some mods use but others don't. Thus making the problem worse :P

You got it, relevant xkcd:
    http://xkcd.com/927/

Apart from being way too cheap, powerconverters configured to significant energy loss would quite nice, harder recipes anyone? PowerCrystals already did it with MFR.

• I'm wondering if something is missing in the most recent GregTech or if I'm missing something. I'm trying to run the mod with basically IC2 and Gregtech. I added some other mods to get an automated tree farm (buildcraft, logistics pips, forestry) but haven't used them.

What I'm wondering is how the #$@@## do you get Zinc??.

To make an industrial blast furnace you need heating coils.
    To make heating coils you need a wiremill.
    To make a wiremill you need Brass.
    To make brass you need Zinc.
    To get Zinc you can Industrial Grind Sphalerite ore or mine Sphalerite and use the dirty dust in an industrial centrifuge (wait can't do that I need stainless which needs industrial blast furnace)

Am I missing something here or is the model supposed to require getting a silk touch pick to get the Sphalerite ore to use in an industrial grinder to finally be able to make a wiremill so you can then make a blast furnace? It seem to me that we should be able to get Zinc from the sturdy grinder, low chance of course but this makes more sense then hopefully getting a silk touch enchant on a pick.

Any help appreciated (not sure where else to ask something this, please point me there if I'm asking in a wrong spot ... LOVE the mod)

• zinc dust is a not so rare drop from normal/fortune mining sphalaerite ore and that ore is present both on overworld and nether. Visit the ore page on gregtech community wiki (link at my sig) for more info.

• zinc dust is a not so rare drop from normal/fortune mining sphalaerite ore and that ore is present both on overworld and nether. Visit the ore page on gregtech community wiki (link at my sig) for more info.

Read the ore page (again) I CANNOT BELIEVE I missed that. I had hit a few Sphaelrite ore in the nether and hadn't hit any zinc yet so figured I had to Silk touch to get it. Heading back to the nether now to get some. THANK YOU, was getting annoyed that I couldn't figure it out. Figuring things out is the best part.

• How do you guys go about mass-producing stainless steel endgame? Chrome, Nickel, and Iron are super abundant from automated mining, but Manganese isn't. I either have to find a black granite deposit and sic advanced miners on them, or fly in the nether to manually gather Tungstate. Is Manganese meant to be the limiting factor? Why is it so rare? Do you people ever renew it somehow, or just limit your production and consumption based on how much Tungstate you mine?

• Greg, glowstone blocks are being compressed from 9 glowstone dust.

Known. :)

*im was gonna ragequit MCF here but luckily i found one single person who isn't completely retarded who said something in the thread of mine. Thank you.

@greg. Do bronze machines explode if they are outside in the rain?

I have some machines here but im afraid to test it because i ran out of my bronze