[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Will we ever see MJ support back?

Wouldn't be surprising if we don't. To me as an outsider it looked like BC devs didn't like how popular original TE became and screwed up the API to make creating custom BC energy sources hard to implement.

Apparently joke is on them now that TE created a whole new energy network that seems to be easier to use and most likely far less laggy.

Anyone has any good suggestions for ore configs for playing with Geologica oregen? Seems to me that turning all other oregen off seemed to make copper several times rarer than diamonds.

• After trail and a lot of nearly base exploding error,I've finally got an automated coolantcell reactor running.
    Sadly I've just found out that even my BACKUP reactor makes more energy.

• After trail and a lot of nearly base exploding error,I've finally got an automated coolantcell reactor running.
    Sadly I've just found out that even my BACKUP reactor makes more energy.

Either you've got a really good backup reactor, or your DDOS reactor needs work. Are we talking raw reactor output, or (output - automation costs)?

• Yet it only crashes with GT installed.....

What I am doing is asking a Recipe for its Output, and just the "asking for Output" crashes your Game. Not the return Value of it (every return Value would be supported from my Side even null in that particular Case), just the Process of asking for it causes this Crash. Note, that the Function which I use to ask for the Output doesn't even have Parameters, meaning it cannot even be my fault for giving any false Parameters, since there are no Parameters to begin with.

Another Note: Putting a try/catch into a Loop is nothing I want to do to mute this crash (People are already pitchforking me for Startup times), and putting it around the Loop will end up in half broken Support, so I won't do that.

Will we ever see MJ support back? It seems far more smiteful to RF to force it to go to MJ first rather than give it an upgrade itself.

It seems to me that both MJ and RF are going to die soon (die as in, nobody aside from the introducing Mods themselves will use it), the only stable things in regard of an Energy Network are EU and UE Energy, even though UE has really screwed up during the 1.6 period, exactly like EU did too. It is just a matter of time until someone else comes up with a new "Universal" Energy System, since these screwups from all the Energy Systems.

Note: I say RF will die soon, because KingLemming disappeared before even finishing all of the Energy Sources, making RF more like the Universal Cable of Mekanism.

Heck, I might continue working on my own EU based Energy Network since all that happened (with IC2 compatibility ofcourse), just to have something stable and usable, so that nothing will screw up again.

• Either you've got a really good backup reactor, or your DDOS reactor needs work. Are we talking raw reactor output, or (output - automation costs)?

My backup reactor's a 0 heat quad cell with 4 reflectors.
    The coolant one is a 0 heat quad cell with 3 reflectors,and I can't really tear down the whole thing to add a new coolant slot.

• It seems to me that both MJ and RF are going to die soon (die as in, nobody aside from the introducing Mods themselves will use it)

Sengir confirmed Forestry will continue to use MJ. Meaning Buildcraft and Forestry for MJ and Thermal Expansion for RF.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• My backup reactor's a 0 heat quad cell with 4 reflectors.
    The coolant one is a 0 heat quad cell with 3 reflectors,and I can't really tear down the whole thing to add a new coolant slot.

What else is in the coolant reactor? The best DDOS (coolant cell) reactors use large arrays of fuel cells, each reflecting off of either other fuels cells or reflectors and each feeding to a single coolant cell.
    However you do bring up a valid problem with the DDOS reactor: DDOS fuel cells cannot operate at maximum (7/7) efficiency, as one of their sides must be used for a coolant cell.
    The additional bonus of the DDOS reactor, however, is that because they don't self-cool, they don't have to be run at 0 Heat. You can afford to have the reactor hull build up some heat to boost fuel cell output.

• I was considering heat exchangers feeding into the coolant cell.
    And you CAN get 7/7 efficiency if you fiddle about with core heat exchangers a bit.

• I can't see a Core Heat Exchanger solution being powerful enough to handle a full strength DDOS reactor. I'll look into it though.

Also, Kenken, HVC?

• Greeeeeeegggg...

Edit your first post so it says "resource packs" instead of "texture packs". Ain't nobody use em texture packs no more. Pretty please.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Could you add an option to exclude the various colors of Fluorite from inventory unification from ReactorCraft? I couldn't find the option for it in the GregTech configs. Right now it always defaults to the red color.

• Hello,

Not sure if it is intended or a side effect (like machine are active before DynamicConfig.cfg is loaded)

A server restart cause all pending processing tasks for loaded stacks to be processed instantly inside machine, totally ignoring DynamicConfig.cfg machine { I:itemName_ticks=ticks ... ]

Example:

Load a pile of 64 tungsten dusts into a blast furnace.
    Restart server
    get 64 hot_tungsten instantly at server UP.

My dynamicConfig.cfg has these duplicate/different defaults values for various items in blastfurnace
    I:dustTungsten_10000=10000
    I:dustTungsten_22875=22875

• Hi Greg. I decided to make an automatic farm wool with yours mod. And I was a little shocked 8| Recipe of Electric Item Clearer is terrible. It is simple device like as "Transposer" in RedPower. But you make craft this machine is the useless: Diamonds 8| , glass fiber :wacko: , advanced machines, electrum, adv. circuit ... I think it is overpowered for this simple device. And why not make 4 Redstone + copper dust = 1 red alloy dust ? This is more balanced than now.
    ?

• I absolutely agree with Sentimel in this case.
    Greg, seriously, you have overdone it, and even not a bit. I mean 8 redstone for a simple circuit is fine, nice and balanced, but when it comes to advanced circuits, it's simply a shame. About half-a-stack of redstone required for adv circuit; seriously?..
    Now about red alloy dust. The law of conservation of mass states that for any system closed to all transfers of matter and energy (both of which have mass), the mass of the system must remain constant over time, as system mass cannot change quantity if it is not added or removed.
    How come 4 redstone + 1 copper = 1 red alloy dust?

• I absolutely agree with Sentimel in this case.
    Greg, seriously, you have overdone it, and even not a bit. I mean 8 redstone for a simple circuit is fine, nice and balanced, but when it comes to advanced circuits, it's simply a shame. About half-a-stack of redstone required for adv circuit; seriously?..
    Now about red alloy dust. The law of conservation of mass states that for any system closed to all transfers of matter and energy (both of which have mass), the mass of the system must remain constant over time, as system mass cannot change quantity if it is not added or removed.
    How come 4 redstone + 1 copper = 1 red alloy dust?

Mass does not necessarily equal volume, aka, how much space it takes up (1 red alloy) is not the same as it's mass (4 redstone + 1 copper).

Also, once you get assembly machine, it is much less redstone than that for an advanced circuit. It's about efficiency.

• GregTech automation never meant to be cheap, and never will, at least not until you get into higher tiers of tech where stuff become significantly cheaper.
    You two should already know the GregTech style of doing things. It does stuff efficiently, at a price.

• GregTech automation never meant to be cheap, and never will, at least not until you get into higher tiers of tech where stuff become significantly cheaper.
    You two should already know the GregTech style of doing things. It does stuff efficiently, at a price.

Ahem, yes we do know "gregtech style of doing things": copy the whole mechanic from another mod, place yellowish GT logo in that machine and add an absurd recipe. Ah, forgot: make zat Maschine require Kraft [stupid nouns starting from capital letter, argh!], while another machine does the exact same thing efficiently and for free.

• Ahem, yes we do know "gregtech style of doing things": copy the whole mechanic from another mod, place yellowish GT logo in that machine and add an absurd recipe. Ah, forgot: make zat Maschine require Kraft [stupid nouns starting from capital letter, argh!], while another machine does the exact same thing efficiently and for free.

Go play that mod then. Complaining will most likely get you nowhere.