[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• yeah... I always scratch the configuration of a circuit in with a screw driver...

I have been trying everything I could think of with the soldering iron and solder...

... which seems the way it should be...

• Is gregtect the mod that has made my iron pickaxe two iron and an iron plate? Or is that vanilla ic2

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Ah. Has GT affected the rate of durability loss in tools also?

• Another thingy about the lightning rod: You already spent lots of resources on it right? So make it be efficient!
    Place the main block as close as possible to bedrock (where you can still connect a cable and bring it up to surface) and make the longest fence tower possible, that increases a bit your chance of getting a strike.
    Nostalgia time: That block was the first thing ever implemented on GT, i tested it, reported some "bugs" (aka unneficiency) and played with the (very old) configs for this:
    (Ignore the big square of fences on top, it was a test that proved to be useless)

Gregtech was originally a joke addon showing how useless and worthless lightning rods were. "The Bane of alkaba" they were called. Too many suggestions asking for it, so greg made the lightning rod to silence the fools. The forums have slowed down since then, from what i've seen. IC2 has changed alot since then aswell. As you see above, textures and sprites have changed quite drastically (CURSE YOU SIRIUS) I believe that screen shot was taken in 1.2.5

• @Nanotan I've been curious, who exactly is that character in your profile pic?

• yeah... I always scratch the configuration of a circuit in with a screw driver...

I have been trying everything I could think of with the soldering iron and solder...

I presume the circuitboard uses dip switches for configuration and Steve has big fingers.

What are you doing with the solder, swapping out resistors every time you want to reconfigure the machine?

Of course, it would be nice if the machine just had a dial or something, but what can you do?

• Only stone and wood tools, but screw them, go for flint tools (flint where material goes for tools). Even if you have iron, flint is amazing.

Only difference with stone vs flint tools is that flint tools have the durability of pre-GT stone tools.

When on a mining trip it's generally less use of inventory space to drag a stack of sticks+crafting table with you than to craft a bunch of tools.

• Well, you never know spawn, it could always be from a VN and not an anime.

It has a tiny switch inside, and Steves Stumbs are too fat for that Switch. That was the best explanation I have seen here.

• Btw, anyone knows anything about reactors? Is it safe to use them?

Reactors are perfectly safe as long as you know what you are doing.
    Really, If you have a stable design and aren't using some kind of DDOS or similar reactor, you don't even need shielding...
    That is, unless we add random heat ticks :D