[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I thought I remembered that MFR adds harder recipes if GT is detected. Try renaming the MFR jar to something like aaaMineFactoryReloaded... so that it loads before GT does.

• I thought I remembered that MFR adds harder recipes if GT is detected. Try renaming the MFR jar to something like aaaMineFactoryReloaded... so that it loads before GT does.

That's probably not it, one of the first things I checked was that EnableGregTechRecipes was false in the MFR configs. Besides that, Plastic Sheets appears to be the only recipe missing.

• Whenever player finishes the 1.7 port and feels like working on it.
    Sad that Greg doesnt seem to be able to work on it.

I hope the e-net will be rework as soon as possible, this the mainly feature that I'm waiting for... However, all the guys here make very good job :) Hope you follow that way !

• if i'm not wrong it will be similar to the old e-net, but the more packets go through a cable, the higher the current and thus higher energy loss.

That sounds awesome, no, fucking awesome. DOes that mean, longe lines, more than 4 blocks will be possible? Because in my opinion it's madness, that in the industrialization process the cable infrastructure eats more recources then machinery.

• Suggestion:allow ind.electrolyzers to have water/deuterium pumped in for deuterium/tritium.
    This would make fusion reactor automation a lot easier.
    I can't exactly build a gigantic area of base for a fusion reactor and then build an even bigger room with a huge electric supply just to get the reactor running.
    Since I can't exactly get tin cells for the electrolyzers all the time.

• since gregtech dev for 1.6 ended, i guess this thread will be alot quieter than ever, well, since i started using it of course, GregoriusT could have done some wrap up on the final version for 1.6 and remove all itens/meta/process/stuff, that is never gonna get working on such version, it would help reducing the start up time and some sync, but thats is never going to happen, the big question would be how much of this thread and how fast it is going to be forgoten when the 1.7 gets online. i have, on my current schedule, at least 20 days before getting live with the final version changes, prob will be useless before going live, like alot of things that haven been.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• So I am using a lot of mods, and for the life of me I can't get GregTech, Thaumcraft, and NEI to play nice.
    This is my current list of mods. http://gyazo.com/271582cfef5471d9188e0b2f639da5e3.png
    Forge 1.6.4 9.11.1.965

Everything works perfectly, except when i add Thaumcraft. When I do add Thaumcraft MC loads up fine but when I get in game and open my inventory and start scrolling through NEI It gets extremely laggy fast, and Memory used skyrockets then the game crashed to desktop without error (OR) I have to force close the process.
    If I remove any one of the three Thaumcraft, GredTech, or NEI the issue is fixed. I have checked the logs etc. they give no info.
    I have tried completely starting from scratch etc.. different computer. I am at a loss on how to fix the issue, or even what mod is the cause.

I do realize that 1.6 dev for mods is pretty much stopped but is worth a shot to attempt fix until 1.7 mods are finished.

• Can you give use the mod versions of gregtech, NEI, and thaumcraft? Sorry if included in your link I canot use it at the moment. I am asking this because I have those mods installed atm have not had a problem thought I am not using the latest of any of them.

• Can you give use the mod versions of gregtech, NEI, and thaumcraft? Sorry if included in your link I canot use it at the moment. I am asking this because I have those mods installed atm have not had a problem thought I am not using the latest of any of them.

Sure
    Thaumcraft 4.1.0e
    CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.8
    NEI 1.6.1.9
    GredTech 4.08s

Well I have had the issue for a while and multiple versions etc.. all of 1.6.4 couldnt get the three to play nice

• Sure
    Thaumcraft 4.1.0e
    CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.8
    NEI 1.6.1.9
    GredTech 4.08s

Well I have had the issue for a while and multiple versions etc.. all of 1.6.4 couldnt get the three to play nice

Have you tried use CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.6 or so that's what I'm using.

EDIT: If this changes anything I'm using Forge 953.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Anarack ().

• Fix in IC2 caused that. Bug Gravisuit (or whatever the mod's called) to fix it

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It is the world of modified Minecraft, like it or...

Versions changes, there is no mod API yet, so mods imply version incompatible changes.
    Mod authors try to keep-up with versions.
    New major versions come every 6 months
    Mod authors sometimes switch development to newer version, but because it is a volunteer and quite unrewarding hobby, they can not support older and newer versions at the same time.
    1.6.4 was a strange state with mods. Some authors gave-up, anger grew, some mods like Gregtech, IC2 and Appeng undergone huge changes then, 1.6 has lived as a work in progress.
    It was quite difficult and maybe frustrating packaging mods for 1.6 as it changed so much. The unfinished IC2 energy-net was quite a challenge to handle. Gregtech ore processing was progressively split into many more sub-process.
    In the end, no one has been or will be able to build a stable modified 1.6.4 Minecraft with IC2 or Gregtech.
    For 1.7 I'd say wait and see, AppEng 2 will likely skip 1.7.
    I bet we will not get stable mods until 1.8 with hopefully the long awaited Mojang published Minecraft API.
    Building mod packs right now is a bit like gambling.
    Its kind of troubling, the latest solid modified versions where 1.5.2 and 1.4.7. if you discount the dupes/glitchess/crashs caused by some mods. IC2 and Gregtech having been the most stables and reliable.
    The old IC2 energy-net caused some server lag but you could avoid it by intelligently avoiding cable loops with clever branching or painting tight cables. Grid layout IC2 calbes was a major CPU eater where EU packets parsed all possible paths.
    Thank-you for beta-testing, the beta-test of beta tests beta versions ;P

• In the end, no one has been or will be able to build a stable modified 1.6.4 Minecraft with IC2 or Gregtech.

IC2 isn't really that unstable.

For 1.7 I'd say wait and see, AppEng 2 will likely skip 1.7.

Don't be too sure on that. There are AE2 builds working for 1.7

I bet we will not get stable mods until 1.8 with hopefully the long awaited Mojang published Minecraft API.

The Modding API will probably either involve eating Forge or forcing entire re-writes from the ground up for mods.

IC2 and Gregtech having been the most stables and reliable.

Not for 1.4.7 or 1.5.2 This time last year we thought we were seeing IC2 dying, Gregtech however was, but many of the releases were fixes/minor changes

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.