[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Thermal Boiler produces 800mB Steam/tick (stated on Large Steam Turbine page), this is a static value.
    Large Steam Turbine consumes 1600mB Steam/tick
    Lava bucket consumption times are not listed because we (the end users) do not currently have exact numbers.
    Below numbers are from a combination of statements made over recent weeks and math done in my head right now.
    At 0 heat, consume ~ 1.6 Buckets/second Lava, approximately 1 Bucket every 12 or 13 ticks [this is the math we need the most confirmation on]
    At maximum heat, consume 1 Bucket of Lava every 75 Ticks (30,000EU / 400EU/t = 75t)

400EU/t comes from Large Steam Turbine producing 800EU/t @100% effic., 2 Boilers = 1 Turbine

the level of complaints about all this is making me almost want to set up a workspace, decompile GT, and dig the math from it by hand...

• I think Greg you should suggests players to install the WAILA for the maintread's the third spoiler's the third point.
    that's the way good to know what thinges do come form which mod.

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• The Unificator is being a dick to me. All of the entries for ReactorCraft's gemCalcite are set to false, and yet the ore still drops the Calcite Gem and I cannot use it in a crafting grid to put it back to regular Calcite. And when I spawn in calcite, it gets switched back to the gem. The gem retains none of the functionality of regular Calcite either.

• The Unificator is being a dick to me. All of the entries for ReactorCraft's gemCalcite are set to false, and yet the ore still drops the Calcite Gem and I cannot use it in a crafting grid to put it back to regular Calcite. And when I spawn in calcite, it gets switched back to the gem. The gem retains none of the functionality of regular Calcite either.

try set GT's to true?Doesn't have tested like that.

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• There is no Calcite Gem in GT, so what are you trying to say?

Also you have to set stuff to true in order to override the Default. Setting to false does nothing since all Config Entries are false per default in order to not override the Default.

• There is no Calcite Gem in GT, so what are you trying to say?

Also you have to set stuff to true in order to override the Default. Setting to false does nothing since all Config Entries are false per default in order to not override the Default.

GT does not have it, it's a part of RotaryCraft and ReactorCraft interaction. If you run the Calcite Ore through a RotaryCraft extractor, the end result is flakes. Reika adds in gems for non-metals from other mods, which can then be turned into the proper item. A Calcite Gem is produced when smelting the flakes, and you place the gem inside the grid to get the item. I don't know why it goes through this, Reika probably has a reason for it. Either way, for some reason, after I added in GregTech, gem to item conversion was disabled, and now the regular Calcite Crystal that drops when mining the ore is converted into the Gem. Trying to put the gem in the crafting grid simply outputs the gem again. This also applies for Mimicry's Mimichite. It might be an issue between RotaryCraft and GregTech instead of just the Unificator though; I'm not really sure. Would the OreDictionary interfere like this?

• Hi Greg,

Have you ever thought about creating some multi structure large industrial electrolyzers and centrifuges that do not need cells but liquid pipes to pump out the liquids into tanks or other post processing units?
    They should be expenisve and computer controlled.
    Just a suggestion...

• Question on the energy net. Originally i read you could now only put no more than 3 generators feeding, for example, a batbox. That a machine could truly now only take 32 eu/t now, not just 32 eu packets.

Is this how things work, or is it back to how the old system worked?

I ask here because I thought explosions were disabled, and just found out the hard way that I can still blow up machines. :) Im assuming explosions are disabled for ic2, but not GT?

• Hi Greg,

Have you ever thought about creating some multi structure large industrial electrolyzers and centrifuges that do not need cells but liquid pipes to pump out the liquids into tanks or other post processing units?
    They should be expenisve and computer controlled.
    Just a suggestion...

Sometimes I read about something like this to be expected.

I would add:
    - Multiblock diesel generators with 512 EU output on-demand. Given diesel has quite a high energy density (10Kw/litter). I'd like to have an array of diesel generators powered-up on demand on peak EU usage or other power outages. Diesel generators should be able to run on seed-oil with same ratio as diesel because Mr Diesel initial designs where meant to run on plant oils and IRL Diesels run fine on seed oil. Maybe add a filter requirement with mud or sticky resin as by-product of filter cleaning/recycling. Or allow refining seed-oil to bio-diesel.

- Add sounds to all machines:
    * Industrial grinders should make loud crushing and rock banking sounds.
    * Centrifuges should ramp-up processing speed and slow down when not working. Having a ramp-up and down of rotary rumble mixed wit whiny turbine sound
    * Electrolyzers and chemical reactors could sound hiss-bubbling,
    * Actual single block Diesel generators should sound like diesel piston engine. Multi-blocks turbine diesel, gas, steam should sound like whiny turbo chargers
    * Muffler upgrades should cut sound down to configurable 50%, add multiple to get lower sound, side effect would be heat build-up efficiency penalty
    * fan covers should add some fan sound
    * Transformers could go well with coil vibration buzz (upper tier having louder noise) and transformation penalty + possible upgrades ad fan cover to enhance transformation efficiency

Gases shoud/could be world placeable and possibly fly-up like liquid glowstone.
    It would allow fuel consuming generator emit CO2 and Sulfur gas you'd have to pipe out and dispose or get asphyxiated. These fueled generators should require at least an empty air slot next to an intake vent.
    Unplugged pipes should eject content if unplugged (fluids, gas, items)

Pipes could have a bit of refined design on pipes could be appreciated (slanted or rounded corners), using rounds as junctions and possible leaks (already suggested) 8 facet pipes should be enough to keep a rough industrial look and a bit of symbolic roundness. Please match pipe hit-boxes to pipe size, really other mods have it quite good.

• You mean, like, sounds? In GregTec? Please, this is blasphemy. The same goes for textures - Greg will never work on it.

• You mean, like, sounds? In GregTec? Please, this is blasphemy. The same goes for textures - Greg will never work on it

Sounds, at least if not included in the Gregtech mod jar, if he adds support, the community could add some properly namespaced ogg files in ressource packs. I am sure there are some public domain or free licenced soundbanks to work with. Once support is added, If I can cook some proper smooth loop samples, I'd gave them to Gregg for embedding in the mod.

I cooked some realistic replacement minecart sound for a friend ressource-pack, not a big deal.
    But for now, unless support already exist in GregTech code, I don't know where and how to name the files.

• At maximum heat, consume 1 Bucket of Lava every 75 Ticks (30,000EU / 400EU/t = 75t)

It's wrong. I tested now. Burn 700.000Liters lava(without stopping). Speed of burn not changed (still 1 bucket lava / 0.6 sec)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pro ().

• Sounds, at least if not included in the Gregtech mod jar, if he adds support, the community could add some properly namespaced ogg files in ressource packs. I am sure there are some public domain or free licenced soundbanks to work with. Once support is added, If I can cook some proper smooth loop samples, I'd gave them to Gregg for embedding in the mod.

I cooked some realistic replacement minecart sound for a friend ressource-pack, not a big deal.
    But for now, unless support already exist in GregTech code, I don't know where and how to name the files.

As far as I know, there currently is o support for the sounds at all.

• this recipe is being disabled for now.

can I configure it, to output only 2 ingots?

Also im trying to configure Big Reactors here, to make it harder, I disabled all the graphite recipes from it. The only way to get it now is by grinding diamond ores in the Industrial Grinder to get 2 small graphite dusts, for then making a dust and smelting it in a graphite ingot. My question is, since I dont really know how to work with the config files from gregtech, I would like to know if it is possible to make this graphite dust be only smelted in the blast furnace or better, used in a implosion compressor to get the ingots.

• W bronze it's easier to reduce ore spawn rates by 50%.
    About graphite: It can be done using GT api, but i don't think you can change that in configs.

• If you're not already, you could also just disable copper and tin ore, and rely solely on Tetrahedrite and Cassiterite.