[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Sounds good. No longer have to search for a hills biome for tetra. Or in a desert for ruby.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Sounds good. No longer have to search for a hills biome for tetra. Or in a desert for ruby.

Yeah, but knowing gregs habits, do you really think he will let us mine everything at home? I'd rather have big chances of spawn in different biomes, than low ones in one biome.

• 1.7 won't have Biome dependant Ores.

Also I have 15760 Points in 2048, new Highscore yeah! XD

So what about the ICExp?
    There's some problem about rubber trees generation when you choose some world type like indev,infdev,survival skyland and so on

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• The Problem with Rubber Trees is that they must be Biome dependant in order to know if they are in a proper Forest/Swamp. Nothing I could fix there.

And Ores will be much rarer but in giant Clusters of Clusters (yo dawg). They basically generate only at certain (only Seed dependant) points but when you find such a Point it is worth looking for more of it around the Area.

Also on other unrelated News, I just reached the ultimate Overpoweredness in Morrowind, meaning it becomes boring, more time for Coding!

• The Problem with Rubber Trees is that they must be Biome dependant in order to know if they are in a proper Forest/Swamp. Nothing I could fix there.

And Ores will be much rarer but in giant Clusters of Clusters (yo dawg). They basically generate only at certain (only Seed dependant) points but when you find such a Point it is worth looking for more of it around the Area.

Also on other unrelated News, I just reached the ultimate Overpoweredness in Morrowind, meaning it becomes boring, more time for Coding!

Hmm, so how are we supposed to look for certain ores? Just random looking for them? Could you explain the "algorithm" for searching?

• PLASMA POWERED MACHINES
    First before you dismis it whit call there is enough machines already or cause of mine terryble english pls read it.

Lots of servers still having isues even when usint maximum upgraded machines for example having 20 centrifuges to feed IC fusion reactor *number of players

ok now imagine PLASMA POWERED MACHINES machines that are powered by plasma not EU or cables onli plasma. So users whud have to already have plasma technologi to star using them im propose that there whud be PLASMA version of every machine. For example Plasma furnance whud smelt 1 stack for 1000mb plasma and it whud do it instant. it look like ok but if you imagine that how much eu is 1000mb plasma is it is not OP at all. Then imagine plasma centrifuge it whud do like 16 items per 1000.
    Im propose new machine PLASMA FUSION CENTRIFUGE this machine whud take plasma watter and make deuterium and tritium 1:1 in liquid form so no lags whit items constantli runing in pipes and big centrifuge systems.
    Im can even imagine PLASMA INDUSTRIAL FURNANCE IT whud have some tank like casing and plasma whud move inside....
    Imagination of this tier is unlimited.

This top tier whud be super hard to make cause of
    1) need of actuali having fusion reactor.
    2)super hard recipes

Benefits of this tier whud be
    1)Plasma as power simple piping
    2)Items proceses so fast that machines are off most of the time lot less load on server.
    3) one machine can work so fast so there is no need for BIG lagi factories
    4) NEW PLASMA FUSION CENTRIFUGE whud get rid of lagi big factories made just to keep fusion run ing.
    5)It iznt cheap to make and actuali help HI TECH PLAYERS to make more eficient smaler factories
    6)Even whit PLASMA normal furnance energi / stack is so big that it cant be called OP

Reason why im dont do this as ADDON mi self is time work and server takes all mine time and mine knowledge of moding is right now at point of making block whit textures.
    If you dont going to implement this then if somebody cud do this as addon for IC /GT it whud be super great.

PS:Thx for hearing me out and again sory for mine english.

• Hmm, so how are we supposed to look for certain ores? Just random looking for them? Could you explain the "algorithm" for searching?

My guess is that it will be like villages. The ores will only spawn in certain locations, and not within a certain distance of each other. But at those locations, there will be lots of them, so quarry the whole area.

• My guess is that it will be like villages. The ores will only spawn in certain locations, and not within a certain distance of each other. But at those locations, there will be lots of them, so quarry the whole area.

That is understandable. The question is - for finding a village I have to craft a jetpack, fly up, fly around, in 10 minutes I find a village. Now, with ores, I can not escavate EVERYTHING looking for them.

• Maybe, just maybe, there could be traces of the ores in the caves which helps you finding the vein.
    New ore finding technologies will be required. The prospector hammer is the first of them, we need better ones as we progress.

• Your English is really "terryble" but the Plasma powered Machines are a great Idea. Especially since I will do 1 Machine per Tier (up to 8 Electric Tiers + Bronze/Steel Age if realistic for that Type of Machine) of each kind. However letting Machines accept Plasma directly is not that good. It would be much better to just up the Voltage of the Machines so you can use the required Voltage directly from your Fusion Reactor.

Note: I will try to get rid of Overclocking and maybe also Transformer Upgrades using that Method. Also you then must look at the Voltage of the Recipe before using it (Steam Machines being LV regards Recipes).

My guess is that it will be like villages. The ores will only spawn in certain locations, and not within a certain distance of each other. But at those locations, there will be lots of them, so quarry the whole area.

Basically every 3x3 of Chunks has 0 to 1 Ore Layers/Clusters per Y-32 inside, to make it simple. A Mountain COULD have 3 Layers of Ores inside especially in amplified Worldgen, while OCeans can by that definition only have one Layer Max per X48 x Y32 x Z48.

You clearly used a Bot for that, not to mention that there is no such thing as a 4096 Tile (in the Original).

Maybe, just maybe, there could be traces of the ores in the caves which helps you finding the vein.
    New ore finding technologies will be required. The prospector hammer is the first of them, we need better ones as we progress.

The Ores will be mostly in layers (similar to UB Lignite), but the Ore Density is not that high (Lignite is 4 Meters high), while GT Stuff would be Stone filled with a ton of sparse Ores (so that not 100% of the 4 Meter Layer are actual Ores, but the Ores spawn only inside that Layer).

• Idea on a similar basis to that:
    REALLY REALLY Inefficient coal machines (like vanilla furnace style thing). As in, takes 10 minutes to grind one piece of ore or something, into 10 tiny dust. I feel we need MORE tech trees, or at least expansions to the ones that we do have so that bronze isn't something we will never use again.

Good, remember, if you need something tested... you know where to go :P

• More tiers? Want! I always said more tiers would be great. It expands the content so much. Like eras in strategy games, you'd have to go from the stone age to the post-futuristic age. Each tier would increase efficiency of already existing machines and add new features. Man, now I'm hyped.

• More tiers? Want! I always said more tiers would be great. It expands the content so much. Like eras in strategy games, you'd have to go from the stone age to the post-futuristic age. Each tier would increase efficiency of already existing machines and add new features. Man, now I'm hyped.

Nah, for my taste, not more tiers, but instead, more differentiation. The amount of tiers is ok the way it is.

• New ore finding technologies will be required. The prospector hammer is the first of them, we need better ones as we progress.

To be honest we have good enough tools for finding ores in later game. What I'd like is a way to find ores when I'm still scraping together stuff for the first bronze blast furnace. No idea how to have something that isn't useless, though. Perhaps the layering would be effective with the prospector hammer ...

Your English is really "terryble" but the Plasma powered Machines are a great Idea. Especially since I will do 1 Machine per Tier (up to 8 Electric Tiers + Bronze/Steel Age if realistic for that Type of Machine) of each kind. However letting Machines accept Plasma directly is not that good. It would be much better to just up the Voltage of the Machines so you can use the required Voltage directly from your Fusion Reactor.

Interesting. Would that mean more multiblock stuff in higher tiers?

Also, just having a copy of a machine for each tier, just more expensive/faster/more efficient/higher voltage sounds rather boring. I'd rather see stuff spread out more meaning some machines might skip some tiers. E.g something like this (stuff is pretty much random for illustrative purpose):

Code
    1. --- furnace | macerator | plate bender | assembly machine
    2. Tier 1 Y N Y N
    3. Tier 2 N Y N N
    4. Tier 3 Y Y N Y
    5. Tier 4 N Y Y Y Y

Y - machine exists for that tier and is in some way better than last
    N - machine doesn't exist for that tier

For furnace it's easy: faster smelting with less overall energy taken
    Stuff like macerator, assembly machine and plate benders could also have a tier requirement for higher level stuff. E.g can't bend tungstensteel stuff with lowest tier bender. Though having

The Ores will be mostly in layers (similar to UB Lignite), but the Ore Density is not that high (Lignite is 4 Meters high), while GT Stuff would be Stone filled with a ton of sparse Ores (so that not 100% of the 4 Meter Layer are actual Ores, but the Ores spawn only inside that Layer).

will the height of the layer be randomly chosen with deeper stuff being richer in content?

It would also be nice if there was an option to use similar distribution for vanilla/other mod ores :)

• Also on other unrelated News, I just reached the ultimate Overpoweredness in Morrowind, meaning it becomes boring, more time for Coding!

Knowing greg's coding speed, I'd expect we will find out if these ideas were implemented or not ;)

@Greg, I sent you a PM (not about ETAs, I'm not that weird).