[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I have started working on my modpacks HQM guide... its quite a task I must say, I am also trying to include exact tiered progression through every mod in the pack. (There has been so much work with minetweaker to get everything working right... Its amazing how many mods dont use ore dictionary in crafting recipes.. I wouldn't mind a third party looking over it for errors and obvious things I have missed once I am done TBH (It is a private pack so I wont just be throwing links around) but if anyone is keen to provide a bit of constructive criticism I would be grateful.

• Section them. Put bronze age machines in 1 chapter, then early electric machines in another chapter, and so on. And maybe a bonus chapter.

Connect the bronze with a bronze blast furnace which connects with steel.
    Also, plasma gen is much further in the tech. It must wait for electrolyzer (titanium and chrome).

Edit: As the above said, you should section them, for example different pages for different mods and they all connect with the vanilla page (which also contains the vanilla modifications of GregTech)

6 chapters were planned in the beginning, with 3 chapters for vanilla and 3 for GT (Bronze Age, Electric Era, Quantum Age) but when I saw I got only few quests per chapters, I decided to regroup them in one and then make another for "challenges". After your feedback, I feel more like making a "Bronze Age" chapter with a Vanilla/GT mixed objectives, an "Electric Era" chapter following the same pattern with a Wither kill as a requirement in the middle, a Railcraft chapter with requirements from the Bronze Age chapter, an AE chapter with requirements from the Electric Era chapter, and the "Challenge" chapter. I still wonder if I should make a Forestry chapter as well.

The bronze blast furnace is already included in the "Steel" quest, and thanks for pointing out the Plasma Generator requirements.

By the way, where should I make a thread about it in this forum ?

• not using LV Machines or Parts to craft MV machines and similar

Also I DO plan on making Machines decraftable

that is very wellcome, so basic any part that is not tiered on a certain voltage will return, at some degree...

other Machines need the higher Tier just to get the proper Voltage for certain Recipes.

that is worring, i already had my troubles with the industrial blast furnace and its heat requirement, if is gonna start affecting everything else, we might be more screwd than ever.

I always disliked the concept of just putting a few Circuits and Coolant on a Machine to make it run faster, you can do that to a Computer, but to a Furnace? Isn't that supposed to be hot? And Macerators? Their rotations would vibrate the shit outta you when overclocked instead of heating up, meaning you need a more stable Hull instead of a Coolant. Every Machine needs an individual Upgrade depending on its purpose, and a whole Set of Tiers is the best way to do that.

this all is very logical, but, to me just adding an overclocker dont make the engine strong enough to handle more dificult tasks. In the end (not the place) what maybe you are doing is binding the trouble and solution at the same time, an overclocked machine is gonna require more energy, so you bind the transformer with it, the big problem of this system, is how much is gonna be a choise than something you will be forced to use

so you have Cover Compatible Transformers in case you are worried about your Wiring.

transformers cover? thats a dream /droll , it would be good if the cover/machine only request the EU it can handle, and the more machines on the net would increase the stain on the line, not the machine itself, so you wold need a medium voltage cables to handle 4 lv machines requesting Eu atsame time, as the eu stocks up

Battery Upgrades will be replaced by the Battery Slots

that was so good at time, is more smart than before, the batery slot on the machine is gonna work like the charger box.

TotallyNotaka13 : was my answer enough?

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• that is very wellcome, so basic any part that is not tiered on a certain voltage will return, at some degree...

You are very good at misunderstanding things. The tiered Stuff will ofcourse return too (like Circuits) and you can recycle it in creating other Low Tier Machines.

that is worring, i already had my troubles with the industrial blast furnace and its heat requirement, if is gonna start affecting everything else, we might be more screwd than ever.

You cannot use a Tier 1 Electrolyzer (which is cheaper than the regular one and mainly used for things like Water) for a 128 EU/t Recipe, that would end up insufficient.

Also there are already 512 EU/t Recipes for the Blast Furnace.

transformers cover? thats a dream /droll , it would be good if the cover/machine only request the EU it can handle, and the more machines on the net would increase the stain on the line, not the machine itself, so you wold need a medium voltage cables to handle 4 lv machines requesting Eu atsame time, as the eu stocks up

I meant Transformer BLOCKS which can be covered using GT Covers (so they dont accidentially touch your Stuff and blow things up)

• So, to my calculations -

early-game oil refining. For this experiment we assume, you have acces to mid-game machinery, but no acces to late-midgame stuff as centrifuge(no blast furnace).

We have 2 diesel generators, 4 forestry elecrical engines, each of them modified with efficiency boards (- 1Eu/t, each consuming 5 EU/t, eu/mj conversion rate 2,5 to 1), and a buildcraft refinery (I imoly, you have oil).
    All in all,

Consuming -
    20 EU/t
    Producing -
    8 MJ.

Using already heated engines, I used approximately 130 000 Eu and 5 min 30s for converting 4 buckets.
    So, going away from that we use approx. 32 500 Eu and 82,5s for each fuel bucket.

Fuel has the burning value of 128 000k Eu. Substracing the costs for producing each bucket, we would get 96 000 Eu per bucket.

Having the biggest source possible, which is having a sphere filled with fuel with the radius 15 blocks, we have approximately 14 137 buckets inside, not counting whats on the surface.
    That would give us
    1 357 152 000 Eu over the time of 1 166 302 s, or 13,5 days.

Will organize and post it to wiki, and later calculate nitrofuel, together with Gregs distillery tower.

• Guys, I had a dream! I had a dream about GIGA MINING LASER.
    In my dream player was wielding a device, that when activated, gave a feel as if the power of sun was being unleashed. Laser so powerful, that it was consuming some kind of energy orbs directly from players inventory. And the mining effect, was not really like mining. It was as if world was being consumed. Range as far as player can see, removing landscapes with continuous beam in blinding light of solar flare. And all mined material directly appeared in players inventory (In my dream inventory was much bigger).

i think i just dreamed out engame device for Gregtech.

• Guys, I had a dream! I had a dream about GIGA MINING LASER.
    In my dream player was wielding a device, that when activated, gave a feel as if the power of sun was being unleashed. Laser so powerful, that it was consuming some kind of energy orbs directly from players inventory. And the mining effect, was not really like mining. It was as if world was being consumed. Range as far as player can see, removing landscapes with continuous beam in blinding light of solar flare. And all mined material directly appeared in players inventory (In my dream inventory was much bigger).

i think i just dreamed out engame device for Gregtech.

Tiered lasers? Similar to tiered machines. More modes unlocked as you go/farther reach.

• At the risk of getting my head bitten off I'll ask this question here anyway...

Busy with config settings that disable the changing of other mods recipes for people who want to play normal easy modded MC but still have the option of a late game challenge. I've gone through all the configs and I've managed to reverse everything except the gears. I've searched around but no one seems to be able to help so thought I'd come straight to the horses mouth as it were...

Is there a config line to reverse the changes to Buildcraft's Wood, Stone and Iron gears?

• At the risk of getting my head bitten off I'll ask this question here anyway...

Busy with config settings that disable the changing of other mods recipes for people who want to play normal easy modded MC but still have the option of a late game challenge. I've gone through all the configs and I've managed to reverse everything except the gears. I've searched around but no one seems to be able to help so thought I'd come straight to the horses mouth as it were...

Is there a config line to reverse the changes to Buildcraft's Wood, Stone and Iron gears?

You should already to able to use the normal BC gear recipes.

Thats unification issue, not recipe change. You played too much with unification. Why people even touch unification? Default setting are good, so what kind of mods do you use to meddle with unification settings?

• Thats unification issue, not recipe change. You played too much with unification. Why people even touch unification? Default setting are good, so what kind of mods do you use to meddle with unification settings?

Actually as I have encountered, default unification when it comes to gears will often not work. Every modder and their dog adds their gears to the oreDictionary and then no one uses oreDictionary gears in their recipies (With the exception of forestry/mfr/GT) so gears are just a big mess. Best to get a mod like minetweaker and rewrite a heap of recipes to use oredict gears properly.

• The Unification works properly, the BC Recipes (funny how BC itself registers it and doesn't use it) and other Mods Recipes don't use the OreDict. Unification will always default to the MetaItem in 1.7, so you have to set the other Mods Stuff to true in case Recipes won't work.