[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• However, for that to work the targeted Computer must have a disabled/malfunctional Firewall. There are many Computers with that kind of Firewalls, especially if a stupid User decides to "Hey this is annoying me with its permanent blocking of the Interwebz for Programs I just installed, just disable it".

My own Firewall doesn't allow ANY inbound connections at all for example (not even Dropbox or Chrome are allowed), so it cannot work for me.

Inbound Connection meaning something trying to create new Connections to the Computer from the outside.

I think that is overprotective. Blocking inbound is a security measure you o not need for your home computer. Not even for your work computer. I suggest making backups instead, with 1 ay intevall on an external drive, overnight, and keeping these for a few weeks. Tat should be more than enough.

• I think that is overprotective. Blocking inbound is a security measure you o not need for your home computer. Not even for your work computer. I suggest making backups instead, with 1 ay intevall on an external drive, overnight, and keeping these for a few weeks. Tat should be more than enough.

There is no reason to have any Inbound Connections at all. Joining a Minecraft Server = Outbound, browsing with Chrome = Outbound, starting Dropbox = Outbound, IRC (only when I'm actively working on something large in IC²) = Outbound, Windows Updates = Outbound. As you can see there is nothing that should do Inbound Connections at all.

• However, for that to work the targeted Computer must have a disabled/malfunctional Firewall.

... or uses known vulnerabilities within the firewall. Alternatively it can use ports that are known to be open on the most common firewalls.

Backups do nothing against stealing passwords or using your machine in a DDOS botnet.

• Windows 8 lets you close those Ports too (at least one thing Win8 is useful for). There was a ton of Ports I disabled because they weren't useful at all. I basically disabled all things which didn't directly disable my Internet Connection.

• And how the fuck do you get Virusses without Internet?!?

I don't know about this too,maybe in some CDs,you know it's in China~everything could be happened.

USB devices...

there's no flash disk in China at that time,and USB devices.

BBS and Floppy disk used to spread viruses before the internet was big. And never forget that Stuxnet was USB only, without even running a program on the USB.

if I'm right,floppies are very expensive and it's storage only 1.44MB(there's no 2.88MB floppy in China),I can't imagine how a virus storage in floppy,since you can't trigger it by double clicking on the floppy icon.Also a floppy's storage is easily used up.And same as above,no USB of anything in China,it was expensive and rare.

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

The post was edited 4 times, last by SSC ().

• Greg, next Aprils Fools day, you should change all your machines sounds to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Greg, next Aprils Fools day, you should change all your machines sounds to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Please no...

Edit: Although, if you're going to do it, you might as well include the 2nd and 3rd songs...

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

The post was edited 1 time, last by xbony2 ().

• Speaking of Music, I searched for something particular for a while, but i didn't find anything hearable. I'm talking about the (full) Asuran Soundtrack which is widely used in Stargate Atlantis Season 4 Episode 10 (and 11), but I cannot find anything that is not polluted with the regular Series running in background. Here is a tiny Part of the Soundtrack as heard in the ending of Episode 10 (with McKay interrupting in the middle), maybe some of you know how to find things like this.

• Man, I can't wait for Gregtech to come out for 1.7, it seems silly that the gregtech-themed modpack I'm working on doesn't even have gregtech in it :P

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Speaking of Music, I searched for something particular for a while, but i didn't find anything hearable. I'm talking about the (full) Asuran Soundtrack which is widely used in Stargate Atlantis Season 4 Episode 10 (and 11), but I cannot find anything that is not polluted with the regular Series running in background. Here is a tiny Part of the Soundtrack as heard in the ending of Episode 10 (with McKay interrupting in the middle), maybe some of you know how to find things like this.

Massive coincidence, I actually already had it. I found it searching for neat themes ages ago >.>

• Hello,

I'm running FTB Monster (1.1.0) with GregTech.

Firstly I have had a good hunt online and found some suggestions to solving my issue but haven't had much luck!

Currently, my RotaryCraft HALA Steel ingots are changing to GregTech Steel ingots when they're in my inventory.
    I understand it's related to the GregTech unification system. I've had a play around with the Unification.cfg file but the ingots are still changing.

I'm unsure how to completely turn off unification and/or inventory unification (the old setting doesn't appear to exist any longer to disable inventory unification).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm currently unable to do much with RotaryCraft.

Cheers!

Rieka

• there any workaround for the issue that is gregtech only accepts its own steam? (1.6.4)

edit; oh and I will note another issue if its not already known; the unification completely breaks reactorcraft's fluorite crystals, a blacklist system would be required,
    (ie; if all of the one type are set to true it should disable conversion) otherwise the only fix for this issue is to disable inv unification.

edit2; scratch the steam issue, turns out it was misbehaving piping at fault, now I just have to work out why ingots from a certain mod don't work in gregtech machines (they still work in the classic crafting)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Paul17041993: found the problem ().

• In the RotaryCraft config, there is a config to allow use of RC steel in other mods. Set it to false, and it should become separated from OreDict and though from Unification. Cant lookup the exact line, but its there :)

• Massive coincidence, I actually already had it. I found it searching for neat themes ages ago >.>

Just downloaded it to find out if it is either the Trololo Song or "never gonna give you up". Don't you think I know that you would do something like that?

Edit: It was the second one.

• In the RotaryCraft config, there is a config to allow use of RC steel in other mods. Set it to false, and it should become separated from OreDict and though from Unification. Cant lookup the exact line, but its there :)

You sir, are a beautiful man! <3

• I upgraded my ore processor, adding a buffer to feed the thermal centrifuge and one more type sorter, and now, I can process ore indefinately for ages (unless, the buffer gets full, which I assume, is not going to happen any time soon)