[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• i dont hoped for GregoriusT actualy answering my example question, so, understood, some of it, the rest came with the experimentation.

@ores: so basic, we are gonna play somewhat like terrafirmacraft? where on the beggining we depend on small "spare" ore blocks found randomly, to make the first metal tool, then start looking for the real vein. I still dont know, because i did not play yet, but this dont look so much good, that all ores block are now in control of gregtech alone, can on some case makes things easier, but can also make it alot harder, on current gregtech is already dificult to spot such veins, now they will be rarer, have more types of ore, and without any certain position, it will give alot when found, but the "when" is the problem... so much dependency on luck...

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• Most likely not, thinking about the "Addon for RedPower2 mod which adds something Eloram wants to add sometime in the unknown future" incident. Most people seemed to have sided with Eloram since her mod was 'in'.

Which is the point. Things are skewed to be pro TE and therefore anti-IC2. We may never know the full detail, and even if it is released, it will be dwarfed by lies and rumours.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Yeah I think the socio-path style manipulation manoeuvre would be pretty bad, but It was an idea that popped into my head none the less :P

• i dont hoped for GregoriusT actualy answering my example question, so, understood, some of it, the rest came with the experimentation.

@ores: so basic, we are gonna play somewhat like terrafirmacraft? where on the beggining we depend on small "spare" ore blocks found randomly, to make the first metal tool, then start looking for the real vein. I still dont know, because i did not play yet, but this dont look so much good, that all ores block are now in control of gregtech alone, can on some case makes things easier, but can also make it alot harder, on current gregtech is already dificult to spot such veins, now they will be rarer, have more types of ore, and without any certain position, it will give alot when found, but the "when" is the problem... so much dependency on luck...

On the other hand, having those ore clusters makes mining with prospector hammers really worthwhile. Before it felt mostly a neat but not that really usefull thing to me, but now it's not only usefull, it could easily be a really really powerful (and fun) way of mining.
    Oh and don't forget IC2 Miner.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Miradae ().

• One of the biggest parts of playing with GT (Or even TFC for that matter) is the amount of downtime you have to do other things. Read forum threads, watch videos, or design interesting bases. A brute force push to top teir tech (Which I have done and it was fun for me) Generally isnt my style of playing. GT really allows me to take my time and relax somewhat.

• Am i the only one who sees Lemming making IC2 look bad in that reddit thread? You can't say anything bad about that guy, people hate you, but i still think he is a snake oil salesman. And a good one... notice in the reddit thread he says that RF could be implemented into FORGE as a standard power API...

Doubt he'd do that though. That's a real bum thing to do.

Imagine the flip side of things, if a mod (maybe) copied TE's code, would TE get ridiculed for being mean for taking it down?

People would rally to Lemming's side and the person copying code would be burned at the stake. the guy is very, very good at persuading people. he should go into politics.

• FTB (and i mean Eyamaz and Jadedcat in particular) could have announced that they were streamlining tech packs according to power type, and there would no longer be a 'flagship' pack. Instead they intimate that their flagship pack will be RF-based. If they didn't think this would stir up a storm in the community, then they are extremely naive...but that doesn't wash. They knew what they were doing, trying to hammer in those final nails into various coffins (IC2, BC, etc..). The majority of ftb forum members lap this up, unable to think for themselves...and that's the crux of it.....unable to think for themselves.

Pose an engineering problem in modded minecraft, and all of a sudden it's a grind or tedious. Machines blowing up because they aren't fed the correct amperage is apparently trolling. FTB should be catering to all types of players instead of dumbing it down for the masses. Why they couldn't put together a GT pack for 1.6 is beyond me....wait, no....they didn't because they let personal feelings determine what's best for the community. Professionalism is non-existent.

I hope CJag digs his heels in. Player may be fighting a losing battle, but his reaction was forced by the lack of foresight (and personal bias) shown by FTB modpack devs.

• Am i the only one who sees Lemming making IC2 look bad in that reddit thread? You can't say anything bad about that guy, people hate you, but i still think he is a snake oil salesman. And a good one... notice in the reddit thread he says that RF could be implemented into FORGE as a standard power API...

People would rally to Lemming's side and the person copying code would be burned at the stake. the guy is very, very good at persuading people. he should go into politics.

Influential, persuasive and charismatic person is the "last" one you want in politics.Those are the people that turn others in to slaves and fanatics.

• FTB (and i mean Eyamaz and Jadedcat in particular) could have announced that they were streamlining tech packs according to power type, and there would no longer be a 'flagship' pack. Instead they intimate that their flagship pack will be RF-based. If they didn't think this would stir up a storm in the community, then they are extremely naive...but that doesn't wash. They knew what they were doing, trying to hammer in those final nails into various coffins (IC2, BC, etc..). The majority of ftb forum members lap this up, unable to think for themselves...and that's the crux of it.....unable to think for themselves.

Pose an engineering problem in modded minecraft, and all of a sudden it's a grind or tedious. Machines blowing up because they aren't fed the correct amperage is apparently trolling. FTB should be catering to all types of players instead of dumbing it down for the masses. Why they couldn't put together a GT pack for 1.6 is beyond me....wait, no....they didn't because they let personal feelings determine what's best for the community. Professionalism is non-existent.

I hope CJag digs his heels in. Player may be fighting a losing battle, but his reaction was forced by the lack of foresight shown by FTB modpack devs.

i feel the same way about jaded and Eyamaz. I had some PMs with Jaded months ago on the ftb forums, and she had every excuse in the book to make IC2 look bad. She claimed it took her 6 hours just to CRAFT the basic IC2 machines, and she had all the resources when she started.

At any point, if IC2 is painted in a positive way, she very subtly downplays it, or disagrees. then tosses a (shrug) at the end to make it appear she is neutal. Its the same with GT packs, no one on the FTB forums had any answer as to why GT was not in a big pack. The reasons Slow originally gave were all gone (EXP not being stable at first), and the final answer from Jaded was that it made more sense to base the packs around TE and not IC2 anymore. But when I asked why they couldnt make a separate pack for the iC2/gt crowd, she had no answer.

and as ive posted here before, many server hosts only support and help out users who use approved packs, because the FTB crew is supposed to be releasing 'stable' packs. No GT in a pack means a hosting company like Creeperhost would not help me, once i had installed it. This is bad for newbies like me, who need help running a server. And not being in ftb packs means new players arent even exposed to GT.

Something is going on behind the scenes, the old mods are being muscled out for one reason or another.

• Let's not start a hate war against KingLemming and condemn the "RF people" because they start a hate war against Player/IC2.

KingLemming made a mod which is now a "in" mod, his fan base behaves like most fan bases and loves everything their "god" says and hate everyone who speaks against them, that doesn't have to mean that KingLemming is as 'evil' as his fan base.

Lets be the GregTech guys who are hated for their 'looks like arrogance' and only flame with actual statements why something/something is stupid :)

• Can you post those PMs, would be certainly interesting to read.

Offtopic: we are quite offtopic, is that ok or should we start a new topic?

• No idea what really happened here but all I can say is hunker down for the shatstorm and hope my favorite mod make it out ok.

• IC2 and GT are scape goats when ever something bad happens, even vaguely involving them. We must just face this and either tolerate or ignore.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• War means war. As soon as they start shitting here on the forums, I start taking countermeasures. Besides, I guess it's finally time to check out, what they beloved reddit is like.

Don't forget your helmet :P

I never used TE and I won't ever use it because of pure OP-ness... It would be nice if someone wants to explain the "special" thing of RF to me. :D

Magic power that flows anywhere and has no voltage so is therefore limited by how fast it can be transmitted: ~~~~~~ <-Magic

I see this too much.

• @Zoron Lets face it, changing an iron smelting recipe to a crafting recipe to avoid conflicts is just completely unacceptable!
    Oh wait... no its not its essentially doing exactly the same thing, just transferring time and energy to a tiny tiny amount of material for insta crafting and can be automated just as easily... But lets face it Direwolf20 said it was "Too hard" "Too Tedious" and so many others so it must be true...

*Brain Asplode* Its simply stupid hearing how people complain about nothing, and I have seen it everywhere...

• The reasons Slow originally gave were all gone (EXP not being stable at first),

At that time, we were running a custom pack with around 150 mods including hardmode GT, and that was stable in so much as no world corruption or server crashes. If we could put together a pack of that size with GT, why couldn't FTB with fewer mods. The excuses were laughable, and it's indicative that it boiled down to personal feelings.

They always hide behind their usual line that players are free to add other mods to their pack, but the majority aren't comfortable in doing that. Essentially, they are dictating what mods are played with.