[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Let's just say:

Speak no FTB, see no FTB, hear no FTB.

problem is, advertising your mod is incredibly hard with ftb AND mcf both being cursed. and there is no other popular MC forum.

• Remember, make the mod to be the best mod it can be. Dont make it to be used by people. Falling into the mod popularity trap is a slow and sad way to make something refined and well thought out a shell of what it once was. Even if bug reports are harder because less are using it the end result will be better.

Just look at BTW. There is somone who is purely making the mod he wants for himself, its a beautiful mod. *It also makes me happy its not forge compatible because then the mod would turn to trash as it would lose all balance*

• So, I have made 5 electric Piston Component Items (I WILL NOT MAKE THEM MOVE BLOCKS AT ALL, SO DON'T ASK) for things like Compressors and such, what could that be used for as Cover? The Conveyor Modules are for example Item Moving Covers, while the Pumps are moving Fluids. But an electric Piston? What could that be used for as Cover?

• Manual overclocker, or even manual power. You right click it to pump it and power the machine :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Manual overclocker, or even manual power. You right click it to pump it and power the machine :)

Hmm, if there was a way that it wouldn't work by leaving something on the mouse and pumping automatically, i'd be all for that.

• if there was a way that it wouldn't work by leaving something on the mouse

Unless you send a live webcam feed to Greg to watch over you, I can't really see how that'd work

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Unless you send a live webcam feed to Greg to watch over you, I can't really see how that'd work

Both of these could work if the 'manual power/overclocker' only worked while you were pumping, i.e. no energy will be stored internally. It is used when it's created, or it's destroyed instantly.

• Both of these could work if the 'manual power/overclocker' only worked while you were pumping, i.e. no energy will be stored internally. It is used when it's created, or it's destroyed instantly.

Yeah, it's essentially MJ. A bit like Forestry's clockwork engine, just with no storage at all, compared to it's tiny buffer.

I see this too much.

• So, I have made 5 electric Piston Component Items (I WILL NOT MAKE THEM MOVE BLOCKS AT ALL, SO DON'T ASK) for things like Compressors and such, what could that be used for as Cover? The Conveyor Modules are for example Item Moving Covers, while the Pumps are moving Fluids. But an electric Piston? What could that be used for as Cover?

Use it to connect multiple machines in a bigger multiblock ?

• It used to stand for 'Feed the beast', because it was based on a custom map, and the 'beast' was a giant fortress that you fed items to get stuff. Pretty much what agrarian skies is now. I was there when it launched, I thought it was amazing. But I slowly drifted, and here I am.

Feed the Beast, when they produced the map with that big pyramid. One of the most fun things I did.

You mean apart from kirara :P

• Wow, I'm 1 weekend offline and all this stuff :D.
    Btw who is Pokefen? I read some stuff from him/her in some reddit posts, but I don't know who he/she is (like mod dev, normal player, ftb dev etc).

• Wow, I'm 1 weekend offline and all this stuff :D.
    Btw who is Pokefen? I read some stuff from him/her in some reddit posts, but I don't know who he/she is (like mod dev, normal player, ftb dev etc).

I'm a mod developer :)
    I do Totemic, and I've been handling a port of Chisel in 1.7.x :P

I develop Totemic, and i usually only come on this forum to put down stupid ideas people have...