[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• US? Murica has nothing on me, I'm in Germany.

He uses Logic. Logic is the only real way to convince me. And that he is "the only" Person means that there are an awful lot of people, who dont think logical.

No, it's not logic. It's that he does things you intended to do yourself but were too lazy/to slow to do. He is efficient at coding, and you feel some kind of a concurrency. Konkurrenz belebt den Markt, meine Herren ;)

• He is efficient at coding

^ This is what I think its all about. He's good at coding, like Greg.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• Anyone have some tips on getting tin?
    So far I've found a million copper in multiple veins, but tin seems impossible to find.
    Is oregen 100% random in what types of ores spawn or is there height involved like in the old IC2 oregen?

• Hi Guys
    I try to make a new Modpack because I want to see Gregs incredible new Machines ;-) I just install Mincraft 1.72 and Forge 10.12.2.1121 with the latest IC 2 Experimental 2.2.1.480 and Gregtech 5.01h. (NEI also) I try to craft Generators from IC2 but I can't. The only thing I can craft is a Watermill in the Assembly Table but for that I need an Generator too. I not changing anything in the config file. Maybe some People can help me with that Problem.

So far I've found a million copper in multiple veins, but tin seems impossible to find.
    Is oregen 100% random in what types of ores spawn or is there height involved like in the old IC2 oregen?

I have the same problem. Tin seems impossible to find. Make gregtech unplayable :(

Hi Guys
    I try to make a new Modpack because I want to see Gregs incredible new Machines ;-) I just install Mincraft 1.72 and Forge 10.12.2.1121 with the latest IC 2 Experimental 2.2.1.480 and Gregtech 5.01h. (NEI also) I try to craft Generators from IC2 but I can't. The only thing I can craft is a Watermill in the Assembly Table but for that I need an Generator too. I not changing anything in the config file. Maybe some People can help me with that Problem.

I have the same problem. Tin seems impossible to find. Make gregtech unplayable :(

Here is the changelog and the link to the work-in-progress GT 5 wiki.
    http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech/Changelog
    http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech

If you don't find the information you are looking for there, go read the previous forum posts. Most of the changes will be documented somewhere. You might want also to experiment with stuff yourself.

If doing the above is too hard, I'd recommend staying away from GregTech until it goes stable and the wiki is properly updated.

Especially for the modpack guy. If your modpack is public, you are on your own basically. I don't know exactly how Greg does his stuff. Otherwise the information would be on the wiki already.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    I have copied this line

I also had a bad time looking for tin (still don't have enough). The problem is that in average extreme hills its 70-79 max high, and cassiterite spawns in between layers 80 and 120. You need to look for extreme hills + or another (sub)biomes with increased high. I'll guess the best spot to find large quantities of tin is the subtype "Plateau M" (but they can be extremely rare in some seeds). I found just one vein in a mega taiga/extreme hills + edge.

• "how to craft ic2 generator" is really frequently asqued question now
    probably someone should put it in faq

Should probably just put it in an FAQ page on the wiki. The first and second post are getting really long. And forum posts are not exactly the best place to display lots of information.

I know first hand a lot of the answers you get here are rather unsatisfactory. That's why I'm filling in the Gregtech wiki as best as I can so that at some point the wiki will answer questions once and for all with as much detail as possible.

EDIT: Done with a rough Mod Compatibility page.

I have copied this line

The post was edited 1 time, last by black3agl3 ().

• Should probably just put it in an FAQ page on the wiki. The first and second post are getting really long. And forum posts are not exactly the best place to display lots of information.

I know first hand a lot of the answers you get here are rather unsatisfactory. That's why I'm filling in the Gregtech wiki as best as I can so that at some point the wiki will answer questions once and for all with as much detail as possible.

EDIT: Done with a rough Mod Compatibility page.

All of those mods under incompatible are compatible they are just either game breaking or annoying.

• All of those mods under incompatible are compatible they are just either game breaking or annoying.

Like I said at the start of the article I'm writing from a point of view of a player who can't code. You can't fix the problem with configs only. If you know about coding, minetweaker and stuff you probably have better ways to get information about how to fix stuff than a wiki.

Compatible is basically copy paste play. And the mods integrate with each other.
    Semi-compatible: the mods don't do special stuff for one another. Also, every problem can be fixed by simple config editing. If you go wrong while doing that you are basically brain dead and deserve to not play minecraft.
    Incompatible: To fix problems you basically need to know a bit more about stuff than just plug and play. Remember that many people playing games do not have previous coding/modding experience. These mods might involve reading forums, asking on irc, experimenting with config files, minetweaking, writing a mod. Also the mod authors don't get along with each other. I didn't say that on the wiki. The idea is that I don't friggin have to update the wiki if mod authors get into code fights.

You people might move stuff from the incompatible section if you want. But you will be the one updating if stuff changes. Like I said, I don't like to do more work than is strictly necessary to get stuff to work.

I have copied this line

The post was edited 6 times, last by black3agl3 ().

• So I've got a problem that many of the ores and gems switch over to a rotarycraft version of that item (vintium dust to a rotarycraft version, moonsonte to a rotarycraft verison, diamonds to a rotarycraft "nether diamond", iron to nether iron... etc.). Even reactorcraft stuff like fluorite switches to a rotarycraft version, even though it's a Reika mod!

I've posted in Reika's page and was told that those mods don't do unification, and they said that if I had GregTech installed, then that was probably the mod doing unification.

I've gone through the config and have found two locations that are applicable, please tell me if there's something else I can do, because this is REALLY annoying everyone on the server. I found in the gregtech.cfg two things = inventory unification, and crafting unification. Then in the unification.cfg I found each mod had it's own stuff for unification. I turned both in the gregtech.cfg to false, then I turned all the rotarycraft stuff to false. It seems to fix it sometimes, then other times it just goes back to what it was doing, but this time it's even changing ingots to nether versions for some reason. It's like changing the config just has a random effect, rather than what I ask for.
    The stupidest part is that these ores and gems are completely useless, and don't have any recipes. Regular things automatically switch whenever I spawn them in. I'll be holding a fluorite, and it will switch right in my hand. I'll smelt some iron ore, and it will automatically become nether iron ingots.

So I've got a couple of questions.
    1 = is there anything else I can do? I just want to use the stupid ingots and gems like normal, lol
    2 = does the config files have to be changed client side for everyone? or is it enough to change the server configs?

Thanks for the help!!

• I suppose that's where the name Overmind comes from huh.

I have copied this line

• That was code from before the IIconRegister Interface was created (early 1.6). It had caused Problems on Servers when it was there for some reason, and the server/client Stuff behaved very confusing back then (even with SideOnly Annotations). And after I crashed for some reason with those, I just made them Objects and casted them when needed (and did some other things in addition to that). I didn't know what of these things fixed the Bug but I just kept it that way until now.

• Here is the changelog and the link to the work-in-progress GT 5 wiki.
    http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech/Changelog
    http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech

Ugh, thats annoying, they reversed my change.

Me and choco decided this was going to be the page for the wiki, as the name of the page looks nicer (small visual change but still) and I set that page up for deletion. Looks like they reversed it for some reason...

Edit: I have no idea what's happening choco help me XD

• Edit: I have no idea what's happening choco help me XD

They decided that GregTech/Changelog would be used, not the other one. Mainly because it was made first, but I think they preferred the name more or something.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• "Duplicate happened when mr10movie added it. I just copypasted the whole GTCW changelog to it. (SpwnX)
    Uh, no, Changelog (GregTech) is the duplicate one. It was created on June 21, while GregTech/Changelog was created on June 14. We also decided to use GregTech/Changelog because that looks nicer. -- SatanicSantaTalkContribs 17:51, 22 June 2014 (BST)"

Well, i like that the flag as the mod image were not reverted.