[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I think the recipe of Advanced Electrolyzer III is missing form NEI.
    Could someone tell me the real recipe of that?
    Thanks a lot!

• Up the pipe size or tech. IE, if you're using small bronze, use normal bronze size. Or, upgrade to small steel. Both results in benefits. You can also mix-match. For example: Large bronze is 4800L/sec, which is the same as normal size steel. Or small stainless steel!

Another thing is to make two seperate (shutter-directed and isolated) pipelines, since machines generally have two inputs. This is why I used to do for my turbines.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Important mods that need to update to 1.7.10:
    NEI, RC and maybe BC.
    The others already updated. I'm guessing that CJ is already making 1.7.10 update. So we are really waiting only for NEI.

• This may not work for everyone (or most, even). Due to line-loss and loss from batteries/transformers/etc. and the machine itself, long-term use of 3-hatch loads will likely result in a power-out after a few runs. It's only suitable for reasonably efficient short runs. (So, aluminium is fine. But if you were, say, smelting a half-stack of tungstensteel? Yer a goner.)

I had to move my turbines and put them right below the Electric Blast Furnace in order to get it to work correctly. I ran into the same issue and that is why I suggested to add some additional information to the tool tip to reduce the number of common questions.

I noticed a message in game that CCC and NEI was updated but there does not appear to be anywhere to download the new versions. I am guessing this is just a update to be compatible with 1.7.10.

• Exactly. This is why I was suggesting the correction to SpwnX.

Altho I reccomend using battery buffers, rather than turbines. Steam is less reliable than power from batteries, and battery buffers have larger (potentially DRASTICALLY larger) reserves to allot for those little steam hiccups. After all, you only have to be short a single EU to choke out!

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• SpwnX

I got bored. I made a thing. I dislike it rather strongly. It is too small. I will fix it. Tell me if it is even close to what you want. I have literally all day to do nothing, so any request or denial is fine.

http://imgur.com/FmzhCqg

You have to put a background. Maybe the GT's flag but a bit "not clear / put the word here to say the opposite of something clear".

• Some things:

EDIT: other five thingys (using forge 1147):

• SpwnX

I got bored. I made a thing. I dislike it rather strongly. It is too small. I will fix it. Tell me if it is even close to what you want. I have literally all day to do nothing, so any request or denial is fine.

Not small, but i didnt like it either.

• SpwnX

Yup, it needs to be polished.

Here's what's wrong in your signature banner, imo :
    - There's a problem with your thick black outline, its diagonals are not properly aligned, and that's because you did not use the same distance from the border of the picture for the top of the left part of your outline and the leftmost of the top part of the outline.

- You made your diagonals too square-ish. Softing them up a little bit should look better.

- If you want to keep this squarish feel for these, the problem will be the yellow outline. It's very hard to downscale its diagonals because you will either break the blocky aspect you'd want to keep so that it looks good with the main outline or breaking the link between the "blocks" constituting the diagonal, making things worse. And trying something in between does not look good either. That's why I think the solution above is the way to go.
    - There's some kind of margin between the name and the top part of the outline, but not between the name and the bottom part. You need to either make a margin for the bottom part or remove the one from the top.

- The horizontal and vertical parts of the "G" outline are a bit off, you either need to make them thinner or make the diagonal parts thicker. Same thing for the rotor icon.

- General text seems to be too vertically stretched and not consistent width wise, especially the "Windmill powah" part. You need to keep the same width for every character, the principal exception being very thin ones like the I.

My english is not that good, especially when using more design-oriented vocabulary to give feedback, so I might had some trouble showing exactly what I wanted to point out.
    That's why I added images in spoilers to make it clearer.
    (And takes them with a grain of salt, I'm no professionnal designer, far from it :p)

• Thank you, this was the main reason for me posting it on the forum. Derping around with pixel art is a nice transition from the paper world, just needs practice :P

I made a second attempt, here: http://i.imgur.com/qScKtax.png

I was making a sig of my own, similarly, but since Spwn considered revising his I thought I would derp around with his.

I will make a third one, this time with your input in mind.

• Thank you, this was the main reason for me posting it on the forum. Derping around with pixel art is a nice transition from the paper world, just needs practice :P

Practice is all you need :p

EDIT :
    Your second attempt looks a bit better, though :
    - The underscore contrasts too much with the name, because of the different color and the fact its colored with a gradient while the text isn't.
    - Using the gradient tool too early is the devil, avoid it like the plague for now. Make your own palette if you really want one.
    - The "N" looks weird (to me), try to make the "middle part" of the letter like I did for the windmill text.
    - The banner outlines are excessively thick :p remove one or two pixels of thickness and it should look a bit better.

PM me directly next time you need this kind of feedback, I'll be glad to help.

• Keep trying :P, one thing i'd like is to consider the lowercased letters on "SpwnX" (so the S and the X are bigger than "pwn")
    Use the one i already use as a inspirational base.
    Another note is that the banner is to promote GregTech and have a little touch of my own presence there.

• Practice is all you need :p

Yup, and lots of it.

What makes it all so interesting is how well my main strong suits (industrial/web/print design) fit so well with pixel art, but when you directly apply them it turns to shit.

• What makes it all so interesting is how well my main strong suits (industrial/web/print design) fit so well with pixel art, but when you directly apply them it turns to shit.

That's because you're used to more sophisticated tools or working with way larger resolutions, I guess :p
    You really need to work pixel by pixel with this kind of stuff, and one wrongly placed pixel or one badly made color can (and often will) affect your work badly.

• ingotElvenElementium

Ahh good, a new properly registered Material.

fieryIngot

Oh, that one however isn't that good, I'd personally suggest "ingotFieryBlood" or "ingotFiery".

orePoorCopper
    orePoorGold
    orePoorIron
    orePoorTin

And other perfectly registered things. Now I only have to add that new Prefix.

Because I am not that updated on RC: How much Ore is inside a Poor Ore? I'm not that sure about it, is it one Nugget worth per Block and the rest being Stone?