[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Extruder is easy to build now is probably the best machine to build as first, since it alone can replace wire mill, lathe, and plate bender - at same material cost per produced item. And in addition to above it can also do things no other machine can. It's pretty much the same as IC2 metal former - all in one machine, without any cons. Previous GT extruder high tier machine.

And for some reason lathe produces less rods then extruder and costs diamond to construct. Any reason to build it?

• And for some reason lathe produces less rods then extruder and costs diamond to construct. Any reason to build it?

It uses less energy. Or at least the extruder used to use more energy per operation than the specific machine designed for it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Lathe is required to make screws at maximum efficiency, extruder is incapable of doing so.
    The above is correct, the extruder is more power hungry and it needs a MV power line to do all the metal forming (adv extruder).

• I'm sure this has been asked already, but considering there's over 1800 pages to this thread and no search option, I don't think I'd be able to find it.
    I'm playing GregTech without Metallurgy, and some of the recipes (like stainless steel) are dependent upon Metallurgy ores like Manganese. You CAN make it with red garnet dust, but you need quite a lot of red garnet (which is rare to begin with) in order to get just a little bit of stainless steel. It's as though GregTech has been made in a way that it is dependent upon Metallurgy 3.

Is it possible to configure GregTech somehow so it doesn't depend on these kind of ores, and we can have an easier time making things like an electric wrench (which really shouldn't be THAT hard, haha). Or is GregTech so dependent upon Metallurgy 3 that I really should just update the whole server and make every member add the mod and then repop the world?

Thanks for the help! Hopefully I can get this working without too much of a hassle.

• It uses less energy. Or at least the extruder used to use more energy per operation than the specific machine designed for it.

It uses less energy but produces 2x less rods. So, in order to compare it with extruder power consumption you would need to multiple lathe power consumption by 2x and add cost to smelt dusts into ingots (which lathe produces). I think they would be about equal.

• Because I am not that updated on RC: How much Ore is inside a Poor Ore? I'm not that sure about it, is it one Nugget worth per Block and the rest being Stone?

Just a nugget per ore smelted (and some "coal" xp for mine the blocks).

And 36 mining speed (and lvl4) in entropy shard tools (a shovel can farm 3 stacks of sand in 10sec until it break)? Fortune III and Silk in aqua and ordo? Finally a use to those extra shards I hoard and has no real TC uses.

• So, I have some questions about automation.

What exactly do, and is the difference between...
    The Item Regulator
    Item Buffer
    Item Filter

I'm looking for something to simply insert coal gradually into Boilerzilla. I figure ULV would do, provided I can figure out wtf these all are.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• So, I have some questions about automation.

What exactly do, and is the difference between...
    The Item Regulator
    Item Buffer
    Item Filter

I'm looking for something to simply insert coal gradually into Boilerzilla. I figure ULV would do, provided I can figure out wtf these all are.

"Gradually"? Don't you mean just insert coal into the boiler? Pipes should be enough for that task.

1. Item regulator: Used to control the amount of items of several types of items to be inserted in a machine. Used best in conjunction with the electrolyzer and centrifuges.

2. Just a buffer that stacks items together. Best used with the packager/autocrafting systems.

3. Filters incoming items using user-based configuration. Best used with pipe lines that has several types of items.

• Hmm.. so what would be best to have a single drop-off point for fuels to be delivered to boilers (both GT and RC) I can do the regulation myself since I run entirely on charcoal anyway

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• GregTech was never built with Metallurgy in mind. It just so happens that Metallurgy adds a ton of metals, and some of those metals have their own purposes in GregTech.
    Any ores that you could need for any progress in GregTech you can find generated somewhere in the world, be it Overworld, Nether, or End. (Except Naquadah, you have to manually toggle its generation on.)

• Hmm.. so what would be best to have a single drop-off point for fuels to be delivered to boilers (both GT and RC) I can do the regulation myself since I run entirely on charcoal anyway

Chest + pipes sending all that charcoal to the boilers.

If you make your charcoal with coke ovens use hoppers + pipes -> chest buffer -> pipes -> boilers

• Chests empty into pipes automatically? c.c

Quoted from "zorn":

• Chests empty into pipes automatically? c.c

Boilers suck Items from adjacent Inventories such as Chests.

And SpwnX probably means Conveyor Covers.

And in 1.6.4 you get Manganese by Dungeon Loot (That is the easiest way).

• Anyone know if Nikolite occurs in Gregtech by default, without any other mods? If not, can it be enabled without said mod? I would like some blue alloy for my 512v grid if possible due to the double-amperage/half-loss ratio, otherwise I need to be a bit more clever in my design.

Also, will a machine with covers (namely plastic sheets) still explode in rain?

Quoted from "zorn":

The post was edited 1 time, last by axlegear ().

• Any intention to add an 8v battery? Seems appropriate for 8v solar panels -> ULV battery buffers.
    As of now, AFAIk, ULV batbufs have absolutely no purpose.

Quoted from "zorn":

• I got a strange error (maybe Minecraft Forge,Gregtech or Cauldron (MCPC+))

Code
    1. Console : [16:48:57 ERROR]: Could not dispatch event: cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLLoadCompleteEvent@7add9f9b to handler [wrapper public void net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeModContainer.onAvailable(cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLLoadCompleteEvent)]Console : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetExceptionConsole : at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.2.jar:?]Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:47) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.2.jar:?]Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314) [minecraft_server.1.7.2.jar:?]Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296) [minecraft_server.1.7.2.jar:?]Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267) [minecraft_server.1.7.2.jar:?]Console : at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208) [LoadController.class:git-Cauldron-MCPC-Plus-1.7.2-1.1147.04.84]Console : at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187) [LoadController.class:git-Cauldron-MCPC-Plus-1.7.2-1.1147.04.84]Console : at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74) [minecraft_server.1.7.2.jar:?]Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:47) [minecraft_server.1.7.2.jar:?]Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314) [minecraft_server.1.7.2.jar:?]Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296) [minecraft_server.1.7.2.jar:?]Console : at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267) [minecraft_server.1.7.2.jar:?]Console : at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118) [LoadController.class:git-Cauldron-MCPC-Plus-1.7.2-1.1147.04.84]Console : at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:695) [Loader.class:git-Cauldron-MCPC-Plus-1.7.2-1.1147.04.84]Console : at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.finishServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:97) [FMLServerHandler.class:git-Cauldron-MCPC-Plus-1.7.2-1.1147.04.84]Console : at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStarted(FMLCommonHandler.java:318) [FMLCommonHandler.class:git-Cauldron-MCPC-Plus-1.7.2-1.1147.04.84]Console : at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:259) [lj.class:?]Console : at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:607) [MinecraftServer.class:?]Console : at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_60]Console : Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!Console : at java.util.TimSort.mergeHi(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at java.util.TimSort.mergeCollapse(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]Console : at net.minecraftforge.oredict.RecipeSorter.sortCraftManager(RecipeSorter.java:146) ~[RecipeSorter.class:git-Cauldron-MCPC-Plus-1.7.2-1.1147.04.84]Console : at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeModContainer.onAvailable(ForgeModContainer.java:282) ~[ForgeModContainer.class:git-Cauldron-MCPC-Plus-1.7.2-1.1147.04.84]Console : ... 27 more

I just deactivated the ore generation from mods (While Gregtech has this Ores too) and then the error appears.

And i would to ask whether GT adding apatite by default (Source: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Mod_Compatibility_(GregTech)) "i don't know if GT generates its apatite by default, but i know that either GT or forestry Apatite will work for all the recipes that use them."

• And i would to ask whether GT adding apatite by default (Source: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Mod_Compatibility_(GregTech)) "i don't know if GT generates its apatite by default, but i know that either GT or forestry Apatite will work for all the recipes that use them."

I started a section a few days back on the Mod Compatibility "Discussion/Talk" Page for requesting clarifications/expansions to the main Mod Compatibility Page... and then I didn't tell anyone it was there, for I am an enigma.

That's one of the questions on there, so I figured this was as good a time as any to point out its existence---I think it might prove a useful way to organize questions about mod compatibility until the experts can get to them.

(It might be a good idea to set up something similar for the FAQ page---I notice a lot of "we really should add this to the FAQ..."-style comments, so adding those to the Talk/Discussion page for the FAQ should make it as easy as possible on those poor souls who know enough to answer them!)

Amateur dinosaur hunter and extreme weather enthusiast, whose interests include spoken mime, armchair parkour, tactical gaslighting (for fun or for pay), conspicuous ninjutsu and Schröedinger's pentameter—of which this sentence may or may not be an example.