[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Why a new Tab? Many of the Recipes I will add are Alchemy, and therefore in the Alchemy Tab.

I mean like a 'Machinery' tab or something, with infusion recipes for lategame magic related machines (magic energy converter/absorber/dragon egg siphon/magic alloy smelter to make magical alloys like steelleaf and stuff). That would be awesome, one of the first non-TC addon mods to add good TC compatibility.

Edit: GRAG BUG REPORT: You can use any multitool as a crowbar on railcraft stuff.

• 5.02e:
    Added some Thaumcraft compatibility. Currently only two Researches (3 were implemented but 1 was bugged on TC side so I didn't add it now).
    Fixed a bunch of bugs

• The Universal Spade does indeed act as a crowbar for covers and Railcraft, but it does not break Nitor in Adventure mode, like an actual crowbar.

• Greg, the reason you need a new tab is because it is azanors policy. He doesn't want stuff in his tab because it can cause overwrites and stuff, its in his addon policy section.

• He'll get over 3 things surely, especially if they fit in with where they are?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Again, afraid to ask a question involving TiC and GT. Is there a bug between the two mods where TiC tools don't comply with Gregtech's adventure mode? (speaking of 1.6.4).

I have no information on whether or not Tinker's Construct tools are Adventure Mode-compliant. And Adventure Mode isn't just a GregTech thing, it's a feature of vanilla Minecraft that 1.6.4 GregTech has an option to force-enable.

• I have no information on whether or not Tinker's Construct tools are Adventure Mode-compliant. And Adventure Mode isn't just a GregTech thing, it's a feature of vanilla Minecraft that 1.6.4 GregTech has an option to force-enable.

Oh, so it would be a TiC problem? So the TiC tools don't comply with the vanilla adventure mode? Interesting, I did not know that.

• Good day guys, i would like to thank all of Gregtech creators and maintainers for this amazing in depth and complexity addon. After few weeks of plaing ic2 and learing most of its secreets only gregtech can bring those overwhelming feelings of discovery anew. I am playing it just the second day and all is great except one bitter bug, i just can't figure out how to cure it. I tried to make bronze plates using steam forge hammer, first two or so plates were made but then it just stops and don't wona work correctly. This machine just periodicaly plays sound, similar to "no energy stop" from ic2. Steam connected via copper fluid pipe, steam vent is located at the back at the machine and is uncovered, moreover steam forge block is fully uncovered and is floating in air. Wrench do not help. Inside the interface it show strange grey-whte sign and red exclamation mark to the left. Is it bug or am i missing something?
    I use minecraft 1.7.2.
    forge 10.12.2.1121.
    ic2 2.1.484-exp
    Gregtech MC172, Nei, Applied enegistics 2 and inventory tweaks.

• Sounds like it just isn't getting enough steam to it

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Greg, the reason you need a new tab is because it is azanors policy. He doesn't want stuff in his tab because it can cause overwrites and stuff, its in his addon policy section.

Oh, I didn't notice that. I wanted to go away as fast as possible from the Thread because it is MCF (and because it wasn't standing right next to the API Download).

But after I have read the thing I noticed that even though Azanor directly mentioned just one Method (the new Tab), he indirectly also opened an opportunity for other good Methods by his code giving the Reason why the Tab is needed, which is that it could overwrite Stuff (what is indeed bad, I had that happen during tests). This results in one conclusion: I can go and automatically detect if I would accidentially overwrite things when adding researches and just move the Icon to another free Location on the Research Grid if it did. I can understand why there is that Rule, since even I didn't account for that until I have read it.

Also it says "only add tabs if you need them", meaning there might be a limit which I dont wanna waste, since every Research Page can have almost infinite Size.

It would basically make no sense to have Tabs based on Mods unless it is literally "Forbidden Magic". Look at the Railcraft Tab with just one Item. That is a waste of Tabs.

If it is Alchemy then it should be at the said Tab, especially for being more overviewable when having it there. I will add Overwrite prevention Code for the next update so bad things cannot happen.

• Oh, so it would be a TiC problem? So the TiC tools don't comply with the vanilla adventure mode? Interesting, I did not know that.

I'm not saying TiC tools don't work in Adventure Mode, I'm saying that I don't know whether or not they do. I have not tested that.

• Well....I have question about lang file. I had translated some machine name and describe. But just part of in game string effected.
    I thought my translation might too long. So I tested to just change some word like "Controller (front middle at bottom)" to "Controller (this is a test)".
    Also not work.