[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I assume Magnets are added in an upcoming update...along with neodymium...so won't show yet. Unless magnets are already in and i missed something in the changelog.

(apparently, breathing in neodymium dust can cause lung embolisms...though i'm not suggesting an in-game debuff)

Many of the dusts in Gregtech are detrimental to the lungs. Neodymium is most commonly found in Monazite along with the lighter Lanthanides and Thorium, the heavier Lanthanides are found in Xenotime. Monazite is found often in placer deposits and I think Ecoglite or Basalt. I also don't know what mineral in PFAA would give Neodymium as Monazite is not in PFAA.

• Just one comment about all this magnet thing.. It would be great but there is an issue : if polarized rods are needed for the motors, then how could we make the first one for electricity ? The steam turbine (which would be the most logical early power source) needs motors, and then would need the polarizer, which would need power.. That would make the first motors unreacheable (a steam polarizer would be weird)

As for the rare earth, it seems to be a category with more than 15 elements, you're talking about 6.. Is it because the other aren't implemented in GT ?

• Bastnasite Ore would be the one. And Monazite would give it too. I will add both Ores ofcourse, but my concerns were about pre-existing Worlds.

And for the Problem with the Loop of "Magnetic Iron Rod needs Polarizer", "Polarizer needs Electricity", "Electricity needs Generators", "all Generators need Dynamos (aka Motors)" and "Motors needing Magnetic Iron" I have the most brilliant break in it: Craft 4 Redstone together with an Iron Rod, BOOM, Magnetic Iron Rod. Works ofcourse only for the Iron Rod, and the Iron Rod only works for LV Stuff, the rest needs Magnetic Steel.

For the Rare Earths, I don't actually use all of them so I only centrifuge out the most important ones.

And yes, the Oak Farm Apples thing was a reference to Apple Oaks. :D

• Another thing that should be combined with Magnets: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_steel

To protect Iron cores of Transformers or Motors from inducted electricity and to increase the efficency they are not build from solid iron/steel.
    Instead, an iron silicon (and in small amounts aluminium and manganese) alloy, rolled into thin plates or even foils and then isolated from eachother are glued together.

These make the cores of allmost every transformer used today.

• And for the Problem with the Loop of "Magnetic Iron Rod needs Polarizer", "Polarizer needs Electricity", "Electricity needs Generators", "all Generators need Dynamos (aka Motors)" and "Motors needing Magnetic Iron" I have the most brilliant break in it: Craft 4 Redstone together with an Iron Rod, BOOM, Magnetic Iron Rod.

I have idea, how break that loop with more realistic way (i think). Get Malic acid (from apples) and put one Fe plate and one Cu plate in(Kinda acid battery).. Then use this energy to excite magnetic field in the stator coil and then get more energy from the rotor coil. Like alternator in car.

Excuse me for my bad english, but I hope it was comprehensible

• Hello,

Could not find alloy wire and soldering iron, then…

How do I fix "Circuitry burned out" at a maintenance hatch of a multi-block machine now, in GT5?

• I may have missed the post that explains why you are still supporting 1.7.2 instead of working on 1.7.10. Can someone link me the post? I'm jonesing for the IC2 fixes since industrialcraft-2-2.2.556-experimental.

Thanks in advance!

-mwbennett

• Greg, was this change intentional?
    Wires without insulation now have a slightly smaller bounding box than wires with insulation which act like full blocks. The thickness of the wire has no bearing on the bounding box, merely whether it has insulation. Also fluid pipes have a slightly smaller bounding box while item pipes have the full bounding box.
    If you're going to have different bounding boxes, then please actually use them correctly. If not, then please remove them.
    Either way this is a bug.

• Greg, was this change intentional?
    Wires without insulation now have a slightly smaller bounding box than wires with insulation which act like full blocks. The thickness of the wire has no bearing on the bounding box, merely whether it has insulation. Also fluid pipes have a slightly smaller bounding box while item pipes have the full bounding box.
    If you're going to have different bounding boxes, then please actually use them correctly. If not, then please remove them.
    Either way this is a bug.

That is intentional, so pipes and wires can mess with your life even more than before.

I mean that uninsulated wires now shock you and pipes with hot/cold fluids will boil/freeze you. To achieve this he had to make his wires and pipes a tiny bit smaller, so you they can detect whether you are actually touching them.

• I hate doing this since I can usually get by on my own, but I figure I'll find my answer faster this way. What version of Experimental IC2 should/can I use for Minecraft 1.7.2?

• Damn, it seems GT is giving me a lot of lag, I just tested it now and adding GT made my FPS go from 27 to 9-12.

And I'm getting a lot of these in the console:
    [05:10:12 INFO]: Client> [05:10:12] [Client thread/ERROR]: ########## GL ERROR ##########
    [05:10:12 INFO]: Client> [05:10:12] [Client thread/ERROR]: @ Post render
    [05:10:12 INFO]: Client> [05:10:12] [Client thread/ERROR]: 1286: Invalid framebuffer operation