[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• On Kirara, the whole End got us about 20 Osmium.

I thought about this later, so sorry for the delay, but i believe if greg keeped some old features and did code right, and is set to happen on config (if needed), that iridium ore, naquadah and maybe osmium ore (if exist) can spawn on Gt black granite deposits, since they on 1.6 can spawn END ores.

You falied what?

You said a long time ago that you watched some of my videos, so even after making like 5 about gregtech e-net you still have this basic question, i failed.

It starts with the HV Macerator, in the tooltip you can see something like"macerator + pulverizer" and the EV has "macerator + pulverizer + Rock Crusher" (don't know what that last one does exactly, only got the HV atm)

I spoke with greg ay kirara long ago, and i did some tests, the only diference is that the Iv rock crusher can produce stone dust too, it dont means much on overworld because stone dust is more commom than you like, but with nether and END ores, the dust can be used to get more resources (nether coal gold redstone, END tung platinum helium).

I think he means it has more slots for byproducts like the rock crusher.

This is true also, so if you grind a RC stuff to get back the materila, will get more or all on th Iv crusher.

and what is the solution? I tried many alternativ ways, but non work.

dunno...fills gt baterys at ic2 storage? or fill ic2 baterys (orb/lap) and use then on gt baterys buffer (if possible)?

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• I love Gregtech's custom ore feature but 15 isn't enough, well it is without considering deep dark, and miners flatland. In other words in order to compensate for this as well as the crag and alps biome I feel 25 custom ore slots is much more appropriate.

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• i have 2 or 3 fps.. (ic2 and gregtech only working)

The computer isnt formatted for a while but i can play league of legends at 30~ fps normally

processor i core 3 4 gb ram graphics 512mb

How much RAM do you have devoted to Minecraft? Too much or too little can cause FPS issues. (Too much shouldn't be a problem because you have 4GB; too little could be.)
    In the launcher, edit the profile you run your GregTech pack through. Put this line in the JVM arguments:

-Xmx1500M

Also, you may want to check how much else is running alongside Minecraft. 4GB RAM isn't all that much to work with, especially when GregTech is in play. (By comparison, League is fairly easy to run even with how inefficient the client is :P )

Edit: additionally, try reducing Minecraft's Render Distance. Higher Render Distance increases how much of the world you can see at a time, but significantly increases RAM usage and decreases FPS.

• I love Gregtech's custom ore feature but 15 isn't enough, well it is without considering deep dark, and miners flatland. In other words in order to compensate for this as well as the crag and alps biome I feel 25 custom ore slots is much more appropriate.

Yes it works reasonably well, but I really like to use CustomOreGen so I can add biome types, custom distribution types, adjust all the values in game and regen to see the results. Having the wireframe to let you see your distributions sure is easier than stripping away the stone and dirt to see what's in a chunk.

• Hey

How can I fix the problems i am having with some items being automatically created to a gregtech item but when removed from the chest it is transformed to an item from another mod

For example i am doing autocrafing with Applied Energistics.
    Nether quartz goes into a pulverizer and comes out as nether quartz dust (gregtech version)
    my automatic recipies are for the applied energistic version of nether quartz dust.
    How can i make sure that when Nether quartz are being pulverized, become applied energistic nether quartz dust direct?

• I'm not running PFAA. Just CoG with customized templates. As I like the GT Oregen I was hoping to just leave its ores alone and let CoG just do the other mod ores. May have to build a template for GT and disable all of it's oregen. I suspect the conflict arises because both CoG and GT are trying to remove the vanilla ores.

Ah yes, also forgot that GT doesn't like Galacticraft recasting EntityClientPlayerMP.

Better to use custom ore generation via GT generation configs for your other mods.

Or use that PFAA (which has similar generation to GT) with CoG and make all PFAA way (also really good, because it takes in count all other ores - nearly all)

• Hey

How can I fix the problems i am having with some items being automatically created to a gregtech item but when removed from the chest it is transformed to an item from another mod

For example i am doing autocrafing with Applied Energistics.
    Nether quartz goes into a pulverizer and comes out as nether quartz dust (gregtech version)
    my automatic recipies are for the applied energistic version of nether quartz dust.
    How can i make sure that when Nether quartz are being pulverized, become applied energistic nether quartz dust direct?

config/GregTech/Unification.cfg

Ctrl+F dustNetherQuartz, set it to =false within the GregTech section and =true within the Applied Energistics section. (AE is near the end of the file)

• Better to use custom ore generation via GT generation configs for your other mods.

Or use that PFAA (which has similar generation to GT) with CoG and make all PFAA way (also really good, because it takes in count all other ores - nearly all)

Well I really dislike the PFAA textures. CoG lets me do things that GT ore gen templates don't. I'll figure out a solution. I had them playing nicely in 1.6.4, just need to find the right settings so they aren't stomping on each other.

• You said a long time ago that you watched some of my videos, so even after making like 5 about gregtech e-net you still have this basic question, i failed.

Oh, sorry dude, it's just that when SpwnX said that higher voltage e-nets are better for long power lines, I immediately had that doubt, and asked directly on the thread and didn't watch your video. Next time I'll check youtube first.

• Completely unrelated to all other recent discussions:

I've had this weird bug with Minecraft lately wherein when I hit Quit, it doesn't actually close. The window closes, but the process continues running, so 1) I can't start it again from the launcher, and 2) it's still burning ~2GB RAM. In order to actually close Minecraft, I have to go into Task Manager and manually kill the process. This was not an issue until about a month or two ago.
    -Only happens on 1.7.2
    -May have been related to the last time I updated Forge [cannot confirm]

Any ideas?

• Ohh yeah thats a few more i guess :P and childmods are included at the main screen, if you compare them to your mods folder there aren't as many :)
    and 5 mins seems good for this amount, I think it would be somewhere around 5 mins for me too

Edit1:

Unrelated to everything:
    I get an internal server error when I am using duct tape in the maintance hatch (crafted out of the MV hull, if that matters)
    it's not a big issue for me personally because I can just log onto the server again. I don't know if this is known, a feature or if it is due to my modpack.
    I noticed this on version 5.03g-5.03j , didn't test it on 5.03k(latest) for 1.7.2

• config/GregTech/Unification.cfg

Ctrl+F dustNetherQuartz, set it to =false within the GregTech section and =true within the Applied Energistics section. (AE is near the end of the file)

But that does not work.
    I have that setup in the config (unification.cfg)
    set dustnetherquartz to true under the applied energistic section and false in the gregtech section.

When i pulverize nether quartz, they become Gregtech version INSIDE the machine and my ME system. But as soon as i pull them out, they automatically convert to the ME version. This makes automatic crafting impossible since the ME system only contain Gregtech version and as soon as i pull any of it out, it becomes AE version.

How can this be fixed?

I've had this weird bug with Minecraft lately wherein when I hit Quit, it doesn't actually close. The window closes, but the process continues running, so 1) I can't start it again from the launcher, and 2) it's still burning ~2GB RAM. In order to actually close Minecraft, I have to go into Task Manager and manually kill the process. This was not an issue until about a month or two ago.
    -Only happens on 1.7.2

Any ideas?

I found that too. Are you pressing the Leave Game button, or just closing the window?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• But that does not work.
    I have that setup in the config (unification.cfg)
    set dustnetherquartz to true under the applied energistic section and false in the gregtech section.

When i pulverize nether quartz, they become Gregtech version INSIDE the machine and my ME system. But as soon as i pull them out, they automatically convert to the ME version. This makes automatic crafting impossible since the ME system only contain Gregtech version and as soon as i pull any of it out, it becomes AE version.

How can this be fixed?

Okay... that's weird.
    The first workaround I can think of is to go into GregTech.cfg and try setting CraftingUnification to =false
    That should disable all automated item unification. That will likely cause problems in other places, but it would give you a temporary solution to this one until you/we figure out what's going on.

-Only happens on 1.7.2

Any ideas?

I've had this issue recently but after few minutes minecraft eventually stopped. So I was killing it with task manager later on. I've noticed strange behaviour about minecraft RAM usage, I'm running minecraft with -Xms2G -Xmx2G but the process acording to task manager was using more than 5G and according to game only ~1G and that was wierd. When I tried to close the game when RAM was full due to this only then it took that long time to shut down. I'm suspecting JVM process started swapping and when the game is being closed it needs to swap it back in order to free it which takes time, that howewer doesn't explains why it eats so much memory in the first place. I was trying to find out if its a mod memory leaking and I've noticed that with shaders turned on the process tends to eat more and more but without them it's ok so i've updated them but it didn't help. The issue however dissappeard after few days. I still don't know what was causing it but I hope I've provideded some useful info.

If these sentences don't give any sense I'm sorry, I didn't study english that much yet :)

16 not 15, it starts counting at 0. I will add a Config for the Amount of Custom Slots.