[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I thought you needed 128EU/t due to the recipes. I meant you need an extra transformer because of power loss

I was accounting for power loss and required EU/t, and referring to both Transformers and Energy Hatches. Transformers output 4A, Energy Hatches can accept 3A or 4A input (can't remember which), so you only really need 2 transformers -> 2 hatches. (Or as SpwnX said, if you want to play it safe, 2 Transformers -> 3 Hatches.)

• V5.04.05:
    Uploading seems to be fixed. Maybe it was a bad timing last time.
    The Ores should be fixed now too, because the opacity check was being called before the removal of the adjacent Block. (so the network optimizations are still in)
    Fixed Fluids not being Color Modulated in my Cells and my Fluid Displays. (I didn't even know that this Color thing was even an option until now)
    Added Support for the PFAA Oil Fluids in the Distillery.
    And I added a little bit of Buildcraft Support to the Laser Engraver and the Forming Press.
    Super Buffers and Chest Buffers are much less laggy now.
    Fixed a lot of other Issues.

• Just use duct tape until Greg adds it back in.

Thank you very much, I did not know of this item! Now it's working fine. ^^

V5.04.05:
    The Ores should be fixed now too, because the opacity check was being called before the removal of the adjacent Block. (so the network optimizations are still in)

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the issue, at least in single player. Ore blocks only show up if any other ore block directly adjacent to them is mined (or placed down), but mining stone or any other blocks next to them does not update the ore, leaving it invisible.

• V5.04.05:
    Uploading seems to be fixed. Maybe it was a bad timing last time.

Well, I will try increasing JVM Parameters ThreadStackSize
    Default is:
    -XX:ThreadStackSize=512
    Trying with:
    -XX:ThreadStackSize=1024 → straight after login StackOverflowError
    -XX:ThreadStackSize=1024k → a few minutes after login StackOverflowError
    -XX:ThreadStackSize=16384k → still crash after around 30mn online

Greg, I really hope you will find out how to fix it.

The post was edited 2 times, last by leagris: Final summary ().

• Would anyone mind informing me about how these custom ore slots work? Like how to define the ore that it is generating.

Author of Amalgamate Technomancy
    Also Mr. Dr. Professor WaffleMan0310
    Proprietor of Awesome

-----------------------------------------------------

Gregtech Master Race

• Hi, my server is using this mod:
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…d-than-you-can-imagine-v3
    and when I create flour and salt, after a few seconds they get transformed into gregtech flour and salt, and those items can't be used in that mod recipes. Is this gregtech or food plus problem?

In the GregTech unification configs, enable unification to that mod's flour and salt.
    GregTech unificates all oredict'd materials, and in this case it is targetting the GT version, which makes me wonder why that mod registers its items in the oredict, but then its recipes don't use the oredict entry.
    Ask that mod dev to make the recipes use the oredict.

• Suterusu, while the EU stored in the buffer of a charge box is not a direct indicator of the amount stored, it *does* run the batteries down to 0 before it lets itself drop to 0. By monitoring for a certain minimum threshold, and maximum threshold for after the batteries are full, you can tell 3 states: Empty, some charge, and full. That may be enough for your smart grid.

Just remember that your thresholds may vary more violently when the chargebox sends or receives EU while it stores or retrieves EU from the batteries. Tens or hundreds of milliseconds above and below threshold before condition returns true might solve it.

• Suterusu, while the EU stored in the buffer of a charge box is not a direct indicator of the amount stored, it *does* run the batteries down to 0 before it lets itself drop to 0. By monitoring for a certain minimum threshold, and maximum threshold for after the batteries are full, you can tell 3 states: Empty, some charge, and full. That may be enough for your smart grid.

That's a valid point. Battery Buffers try to hover with a small amount of charge, something like a second or two's worth of output I think. If their internal energy storage is greater than that, it means that their batteries are full; if it is less than that, it means that their batteries are empty. So if you're trying to build a smart grid that monitors its available energy and tries to generate and consume more or less energy depending on its storage, then a 'Full' trigger point would be sufficient to turn the generators off, an 'Empty' trigger point would force all generators on and maybe shut some things down, and anything in between those two points would count as 'partial charge' and possible grounds for some-but-not-all generators to be active.
    Edit: State-change delays would be a must for this sort of system.

There's an 85% chance I just said exactly what Physicist just said, which would make sense because I'm kind of thinking the same thing. I think I'm also tired and should probably shut up now.

• I just updated with a, lets call it fix I hope, for the Ore thing.

from what i can see with
    IC2 633
    Gregtech 5.04.06
    forge 1208

im getting the small ores showing up as small ores again in the overworld where it before was called gt.blockore.0.name. the problem is still in the nether atleast its not showing up as it should so u end up with ore being called gt.blockore.0.name again for small ores

it seems to work better in the overworld so it might be just random and i was lucky that the ore was called the right things i assume its no diffrence in overworld and nether generation so i dont think its quiet fixed yet.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Virezz ().

• With GregTech 5.04.06, my client disconnects one second after joining the server with "A fatar error has occured, this connection is terminated". Other players at different locations in the server do not get this problem, however.

The client log shows the following error:

The last five methods call each other in infinite recursion, I cut off the log at that point.

• With GregTech 5.04.06, my client disconnects one second after joining the server with "A fatar error has occured, this connection is terminated". Other players at different locations in the server do not get this problem, however.

I confirm same issue here.
    You can downgrade client side gregtech to 5.04.04 (at least it won't crash this way).

• I have no Idea why it doesnt work. Why? Because that Line is identical to a Line inside my Machines code. This Line:

TileEntity tTileEntity = aWorld.getTileEntity(aX, aY, aZ);

is the first line in the onNeighbourBlockChange Method of my Machines, so now for the crashing Line in the Ores Block, it is this one:

TileEntity tTileEntity = aWorld.getTileEntity(aX, aY, aZ);

You see a difference? Me neither, even the variable names are identical. But this Line seems to cause stack overflow errors Clientside, while the other one doesn't. I will hardcode a Locking Mechanism into that Function so that this shit doesn't happen again.

• Jesus didn't have the patience programmers do.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.