[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Hi, i see in nei that there are also infused Stone ores in gregtech. But where they spawn? In the worldgeneration is no entry for infused Stone ores?

Thx

• They do not spawn by default, they are auto-generated by Greg's Meta item system, you can enable them in the config if you want to, but Greg recommends the default Thaumcraft generation for those.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Hm. Ok. Is there a reason for that he recommended the thaumcraft generation?

I think it is very easy to get a good pickaxe with the infused stones

• Hi
    Are there currently any compiled lists of material properties with respect to tool-crafting or lists of brewable concoctions and their effects?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi
    Are there currently any compiled lists of material properties with respect to tool-crafting or lists of brewable concoctions and their effects?

Thanks in advance.

Check this guy's signature for material stats: [Addon][1.7.10][Open-Beta] GregTech-Addon: Hello Kitty Online has more features ~Kane Hart

As for brewing, you can see the basic ones in NEI, and vanilla potions have the expected recipes (water>nether wart>ingredient>redstone/glowstone/gunpowder). For everything else, you can take a look at the brewing thread.

• Check this guy's signature for material stats: [Addon][1.7.10][Open-Beta] GregTech-Addon: Hello Kitty Online has more features ~Kane Hart

As for brewing, you can see the basic ones in NEI, and vanilla potions have the expected recipes (water>nether wart>ingredient>redstone/glowstone/gunpowder). For everything else, you can take a look at the brewing thread.

Thanks a lot that's a very helpful spreadsheet, and yeah i figured how brewing works i just wondered if there was an effect list somewhere (effects aren't displayed in NEI) :).

• Could somebody help me with a small setup?

Since the new energy system in GT I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how all the stuff works. I have a simple setup for now but still I have some problems, here is the deal:

I'm trying to power a basic 32V centrifuge that is standing barely ~20 blocks away from my Batbox followed by a GT LV Transformer. I try to centrifuge 10 redstone to get silicon and ruby - it takes 15 EU/T for 170 seconds. I understand, that there is power loss every block for all the cables (for tin cables 1EU/block). So when I place it 20 blocks away, from my 32 EU/t I am left with 12 EU/T. That is the reason why my centrige stops, I understand. And here comes my question: How do I power it then to be able to run the centrifuge 20 blocks away from my energy unit? I tried to read the wiki but the answer was not there or I missed it. I went to cheat mode and tried different solutions, like increasing to 4 batboxes with transformers to provide more energy, but it was not the case. I tried bigger and better cables but no go. I checked the inactive centrifuge with portable scanner, it says:
    'The machine uses more energy than you provide, you could insert more to speed up the process'. I don't understand what the second part of the sentence relate to. When I put 128 EU/t, the centrifuge explodes which is of course no surprise.

So how can I insert more energy over distance?

• The solution is twofold.

Firstly gregtech energy is only semi-compatible with IC2 default energy, meaning GT energy can be converted into IC2 energy but not the other way around which is why you'll want to use LV / MV / HV / EV / IV Battery Buffers to store and convey your energy.

For your first electric setup i'd reccomend you place your machines close to your energy outlet, but if you feel you have the necessary infrastructure to support it you could transform LV energy into higher energy units and transform it back down at the desired location (although i don't see how you'd have LV tier machines if you're capable of building MV transformers.)

• Transform it up to MV or even HV and only transform it down to LV next to the centrifuge.

Thanks for great advice. I only don't understand for what reason do I have to transform it up - can't I just go with lossless IC2 cables everywhere I want directly from Batbox? Like this:

MAIN BATBOX or MFE-------------------------------------------------------------------BATBOX->GT TRANSFORMER (LV)->Centrifuge

Only shame I have to place so many batboxes everywhere with this option, maybe you have something simpler in mind? If not then at least I have some buffers everywhere.

• Thanks for great advice. I only don't understand for what reason do I have to transform it up - can't I just go with lossless IC2 cables everywhere I want directly from Batbox? Like this:

MAIN BATBOX or MFE-------------------------------------------------------------------BATBOX->GT TRANSFORMER (LV)->Centrifuge

Only shame I have to place so many batboxes everywhere with this option, maybe you have something simpler in mind? If not then at least I have some buffers everywhere.

Try to put batteries inside of your machines. One lithium battery for 32V is 100K EU(normal machines have only 2K EU internal storage), which means really more than one batbox.... (dunno if it is now 30k or 40k) These batteries deplete as machine needs energy, and recharge as machine has more energy than it can spend
    Also the battery is nice visible "how much energy is in machine"
    If one battery is not enough, go for battery buffers offering more batteries

For transformating, the thing is this:
    32V -> Every cable loses 1EU -> 1/32 = 3,125%
    128V -> Every cable loses 2EU (or how mcuh ) -> 2/128 = 1,56%

Transferring 128 EU via 128V line = 2EU lost
    Transferring same via 32V = 4 packets of 32 have all the lose, so lose is 4*1= 4EU

As you see, if you manage getting same loses per meter with higher Voltage, your lose of EU significantly goes down. Also higher voltage means faster transfer of power, because it needs only 1 tick compared to 4 ticks of lower voltage

• Thanks a lot that's a very helpful spreadsheet, and yeah i figured how brewing works i just wondered if there was an effect list somewhere (effects aren't displayed in NEI) :).

For that, you could just spawn them in using commands and NEI, and try them out yourself

• Firstly gregtech energy is only semi-compatible with IC2 default energy, meaning GT energy can be converted into IC2 energy but not the other way around

I think that statement is wrong, you can both convert IC2 EU to GT EU, as well as GT EU to IC2 EU with Gregtech's transformers.

I just made a test - I powered a Gregtech machine from MFE with no problems and also powered an MFE with gregtech diesel generator.

• I have a strange bug(?). I started new game, created wooden pickaxe, found "Stone" blocks (written in Waila) and when I click left/right button on these blocks they change to Red Granite. When I try to mine block it is changing to granite and then disappearing in ~5 sec without drop (mine speed as for stone, not granite). Is it normal situation? Version 5.05.06.

• I think that statement is wrong, you can both convert IC2 EU to GT EU, as well as GT EU to IC2 EU with Gregtech's transformers.

I just made a test - I powered a Gregtech machine from MFE with no problems and also powered an MFE with gregtech diesel generator.

That's odd i wasn't able to accomplish this with a batbox sorry if i misinformed you ;)